Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Season Ticketing waiting list has 74,000 people on it

"mi317" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:

I'm lovin' those numbers - it's all about the rings baby!
    I just hate the mentality of a lot of Packer fans who brag about their teams 3 Super Bowl rings, yet they weren't even born when they won the 1st two & were probably just a child when they won the last one.

Super Bowls I & II were 40 years ago, so unless you're in your mid 50's, which I highly doubt, don't bring it up.
    You're right, I guess since it happened so long ago, we'll just forget about it.
    In fact, why even keep record of it?
    We should throw away all records/stats of the Super Bowl and start at a more recent time, because that is more convenient.
    I suppose you would prefer 1998 as a starting point?

I'm not old enough to have witnessed Super Bowls 1 and 2, but eventually no one will be.
    It doesn't mean they didn't happen and don't contribute to Packer greatness.

That's cool, though.
    I guess if I was a Viking fan I'd want to ignore history too.
    There are some things that are important.
    I've boiled it down to three things:

1. Packers have an illustrious heritage, appreciated by only a few fans.
    2. Young Packer fans are living vicariously through the older fan's memories.
    3. The majority of current Packer fans are nothing more than Favre crotch sniffers.

What does this all mean?

It means there will be serious problems with the cheese-headed fans when Favre heads back to Mississippi for good.
    The older fans will die off and the remaining brood will be leftover Favre crotch sniffers.
    Troubles will abound while I will sit back, laugh, and enjoy the purple and gold team relieving themselves in the end zones of Lambeau.
    And Packer fans will sit back and laugh as you start yet another decade of failure to reach the ultimate prize...
    My omniscient powers are more founded in truth.
    Sniff away, there isn't much time left.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Packers Season Ticketing waiting list has 74,000 people on it

"mi317" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:

I'm lovin' those numbers - it's all about the rings baby!
    I just hate the mentality of a lot of Packer fans who brag about their teams 3 Super Bowl rings, yet they weren't even born when they won the 1st two & were probably just a child when they won the last one.

Super Bowls I & II were 40 years ago, so unless you're in your mid 50's, which I highly doubt, don't bring it up.
    You're right, I guess since it happened so long ago, we'll just forget about it.
    In fact, why even keep record of it?
    We should throw away all records/stats of the Super Bowl and start at a more recent time, because that is more convenient.
    I suppose you would prefer 1998 as a starting point?

I'm not old enough to have witnessed Super Bowls 1 and 2, but eventually no one will be.
    It doesn't mean they didn't happen and don't contribute to Packer greatness.

That's cool, though.
    I guess if I was a Viking fan I'd want to ignore history too.
    Hang on to your storied history my young friend because (as Prophet so adequately articulated above) that is all you will have to hang onto for years to come.

Again, I will go back to my original point.
    You should learn your history about your team before you talk smack.

I give the "Passionate Fan Base" and its 74,000 waiting list about 2 years (max) after Brett ("I can't pronounce my last name right" Favreeeee) retires.

Then you'll go from mediocrity to the bottom of the division just like you were before he showed up.

I recommend you learn the history of your team before you bring the smack.
    If I'm not mistaken, even the great Brett Favre is just .500 against the Vikes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567