Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PACKERS in the post-season...

"bono" wrote:
    cool your jets, Wis.
    I am totally aware of the primary purpose of this site. It, however, is also home to folks who want to talk about nfl in general (there is a forum for this), anything else in life (the club house), etc, etc. Therefore, you SHOULD expect a few posted that have absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings.
    Every category on this site is intended for the Viking Fan Members of this site.. The general NFL questions, Club House, and Help sections are for us members.. I don't see where it says on this site "This is the section where Packer fans hang out, and post articles".. I will cool my attitude, but it seems like you were jumping on me.. If this was intended for someone else, then I apologize.. If not, I don't apologize..

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind fans of other teams enjoying themselves on this site.. Its when they get testy is when I have a problem with them.. Afterall, this site was created for Vikings fans, not NFL fans in particular.. I enjoy reading your posts, and actaully think you are the coolest Packer fan to come here.. I was just responding to a post that you started here at PP.O..

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks, Wis.
    You're pretty cool, too! Sorry if I got under your skin.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Thanks, Wis.
    You're pretty cool, too! Sorry if I got under your skin.

No harm, no foul bud... Thanks for understanding and being cool about it..

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I have a dream ... that one day .... Packer fans and Viking fans ... can post on the same thread and ....

...oh, nevermind.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Can't we all just get along? :'(

NOPE!! ;D

Even with the Bears resting their starters,the Packers will not win that game. With a loss,all the mathematical possibilities are out the window. The Packers will be watching the post season, not playing in it . Just like our beloved Vikes. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Just curious: What are the chances, now, of my boys making a post-season appearance? It's possible that they could win against the Bears in the last game of the season b/c I highly doubt the Bears really have anything to play for (prepare for the playoffs...don't risk getting key players injured in a meaningless game). With that said, the Packers COULD finish this season at .500 (8-8)! While, not the record I was hoping for/predicted earlier in the season, it'll definately be a step up the ladder.
    What must happen (i.e. which teams in the NFC must lose, etc) -excluding the fact that they need to win against the Bears -in order for the Packers to play
    this post-season?
    P.S. I wasn't sure if I'd be around to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (remember in my viking-packer predictions I stated something to that effect?), but here I go once again, just incase I fail to visit you lads/lasses come Monday: Merry Christmas to you all! Happy Holidays to everyone! God bless every last one of you these final days of 2006 and throughout the new year!
    BonoSugaRay
    Point #1:
    Lovie Smith has already stated that he will NOT be resting his starters - he feels (correctly) that doing so makes them soft and they lose their edge for the play-offs.

Point #2:
    Lovie knows about the Bear-Packer rivalry, and he knows also that by whipping you yet again he will give Chicago fans another thing to cheer about.
    Since part of being a successful Head Coach is making sure that the home town fans love you, serving them up a heaping helping of Favre-on-a-stick will go a long way to solidifying his place in their hearts.

Point #3:
    Even if the improbable happens and you beat Chicago, you still need the Giants to lose TWICE and Philly and Atlanta to lose as well.
    Plus, there is San Fran, Carolina, and St. Louis to worry about (All are 6-8 right now).
    So, if EVERYONE in the NFC loses out EXCEPT the Packers, you MIGHT slide in.

Point #4:
    You're still an idiot.

Point #5:
    Merry Christmas anyway.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bono" wrote:
    Just curious: What are the chances, now, of my boys making a post-season appearance?
    The Packers (7-8) stand eighth in a race where only six teams will make the playoffs. All the scenarios depend on the Packers beating the Bears to finish 8-8.

Under the simplest of scenarios, the Packers need the New York Giants to lose out and the Atlanta Falcons to split their last two games. Then, the St. Louis Rams must lose one game and the Seattle Seahawks must win at least once or have the San Francisco 49ers lose once.

But even if the Giants beat the New Orleans Saints on Sunday afternoon, there are some scenarios in which the Packers can reach the playoffs, but in those scenarios, their chances of advancing are greatly diminished.

[size=13pt]Playoff picture is puzzling[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

First off: This is a Viking Fan Site, not a Packer Fan Site... It should be only Viking fans that reside here ya dig? Just giving my honest opinion on the game against the Bears.. If you don't like that, then post your Packer wishful playoff hopes on a Packer website, not here..
    PP.O has always welcomed fans from other sites unless they are here to troll. Packer fans are no exception.

Los is a Packer fan & a long time member here in good standing & there are forums here for them to post in. I.E. General NFL Discussion & Weekly Opponent Talk.

We've had a few fans from the Seahawks & Bears that have been here for some friendly discussions that I would definitely welcome back.

While this site is primarily a Vikings fan site, it is not just for Vikings fans alone.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

capackfan4lyfe87 is offline Training Camp

I do hope the Bears play their starters. That would be the dumbest thing they can possibly do. Hopefully the Packers hit them hard and bruise some of their players up. Do whatever to tire the Bears out and somehow assist in sending the Bears home from the playoffs

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    cool your jets, Wis.
    I am totally aware of the primary purpose of this site. It, however, is also home to folks who want to talk about nfl in general (there is a forum for this), anything else in life (the club house), etc, etc. Therefore, you SHOULD expect a few posted that have absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings.
    True...BUT we do expect those fans to not just show up to GLOAT...you gotta come here when your team is SUCKING too...like they have for most of the season.

Grow some balls, bono!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12