Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

PACKERS in the post-season...

Just curious: What are the chances, now, of my boys making a post-season appearance? It's possible that they could win against the Bears in the last game of the season b/c I highly doubt the Bears really have anything to play for (prepare for the playoffs...don't risk getting key players injured in a meaningless game). With that said, the Packers COULD finish this season at .500 (8-8)! While, not the record I was hoping for/predicted earlier in the season, it'll definately be a step up the ladder.
    What must happen (i.e. which teams in the NFC must lose, etc) -excluding the fact that they need to win against the Bears -in order for the Packers to play
    this post-season?
    P.S. I wasn't sure if I'd be around to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (remember in my viking-packer predictions I stated something to that effect?), but here I go once again, just incase I fail to visit you lads/lasses come Monday: Merry Christmas to you all! Happy Holidays to everyone! God bless every last one of you these final days of 2006 and throughout the new year!
    BonoSugaRay
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: PACKERS in the post-season...

I guess this proves that journalists are not that bright.

Hey now, hey now, I plan on becoming a journalist, and I'm a Viking fan. I do agree though. Packers vs Bears=another packerless playoffs.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"bono" wrote:
    Just curious: What are the chances, now, of my boys making a post-season appearance? It's possible that they could win against the Bears in the last game of the season b/c I highly doubt the Bears really have anything to play for (prepare for the playoffs...don't risk getting key players injured in a meaningless game). With that said, the Packers COULD finish this season at .500 (8-8)! While, not the record I was hoping for/predicted earlier in the season, it'll definately be a step up the ladder.
    What must happen (i.e. which teams in the NFC must lose, etc) -excluding the fact that they need to win against the Bears -in order for the Packers to play
    this post-season?
    P.S. I wasn't sure if I'd be around to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (remember in my viking-packer predictions I stated something to that effect?), but here I go once again, just incase I fail to visit you lads/lasses come Monday: Merry Christmas to you all! Happy Holidays to everyone! God bless every last one of you these final days of 2006 and throughout the new year!
    BonoSugaRay
    Let's get this straight, you're asking Vikings fans about the playoff chances of the Packers? Surely there are bridges you can jump off in Wisconsin, find one!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    this post-season?
    BonoSugaRay
    Shouldn't you be asking a PAcker fan this?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Ain't gonna happen Bono.. Just because you are not like all the rest of the inbredded pieces of crap Packer fans I will tell you why..

The Bears are not going to rest their players next weekend.. They did that last season against the Vikings, and they paid for when it came time for the playoffs..

Rex Grossman has been hit and miss all season long, and Lovie Smith is gonna make sure that he and the rest of the Bears are ready when it counts.. With that said, their is no chance in hell that the Packers go into Soldier field and win against the Bears..

Lets just say that if Favre hasn't made up his mind about retiring yet, he will have an easier time after he plays the Bear defense.. The Bears win in a landslide mark my words.. They will pound the hell out of the Packers, and send Favre off into the sunset.

First off: I posted this in the Packers area, NOT the Vikings! And Viking fans aren't the only ones who reside here, ya dig?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    First off: I posted this in the Packers area, NOT the Vikings! And Viking fans aren't the only ones who reside here, ya dig?

First off: This is a Viking Fan Site, not a Packer Fan Site... It should be only Viking fans that reside here ya dig? Just giving my honest opinion on the game against the Bears.. If you don't like that, then post your Packer wishful playoff hopes on a Packer website, not here..

cool your jets, Wis.
    I am totally aware of the primary purpose of this site. It, however, is also home to folks who want to talk about nfl in general (there is a forum for this), anything else in life (the club house), etc, etc. Therefore, you SHOULD expect a few posted that have absolutely nothing to do with the Vikings.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

OK, bono, let's play.

Chance of playoffs?

Slim to none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast