Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Packers may allow corporate patches on practice jerseys

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/06/03/practice.jerseys.ap/index.html

[size=12pt]Packers may allow corporate patches on practice jerseys [/size]
    Posted: Wednesday June 3, 2009 9:14PM; Updated: Wednesday June 3, 2009 9:14PM

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Green Bay Packers are hoping to take advantage of a new NFL rule allowing teams to attach a small patch with a corporate logo to the jerseys players wear in practice.

Packers senior vice president of marketing and sales Laura Sankey called the possibility of selling advertising space on practice jerseys a "very meaningful" way for a sponsor to link itself with the team.

"It's always exciting when the league opens new categories for sponsorship, particularly one that is so closely linked to our players and our jerseys," Sankey said. "A practice jersey patch is a very unique and visible way for a sponsor to be involved with training camp, the team and our fans."
    So is a big dollop of sheep spooge, but, I guess most Packer fans already have that on their jerseys.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Packers may allow corporate patches on practice jerseys

I remember a discussion a few years ago regarding advertising on jerseys in NFL Europe and said that at some point it would happen in the NFL. Looks like the idea is starting to creep in, once one team does it then others will be looking at it to maximise revenues.
    Give it 10 years and you'll be looking at sponsorship logos on gameday jerseys just like soccer teams worldwide. Once the league realises that fans then want the latest jerseys then look to them allowing new jerseys every couple of years or even every year.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Lets see there are at least three teams that are already sporting a patch in the days after the announcement.. don't worry your purple and gold will be following suit.. any place to add revenue these days.. I think with the stadium issues the Vikes are facing.. it might be wise to accelerate the process a little.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    Lets see there are at least three teams that are already sporting a patch in the days after the announcement.. don't worry your purple and gold will be following suit.. any place to add revenue these days.. I think with the stadium issues the Vikes are facing.. it might be wise to accelerate the process a little.
    With our stadium issues, they will probably be sporting more than one.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp

sweet, jsut another reason why the packers jerseys are the best looking in the league........

oh and they are not purple lolololololololol

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    sweet, jsut another reason why the packers jerseys are the best looking in the league........

oh and they are not purple lolololololololol
    Serious statement?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    IMO to get the stadium they want their game jerseys should look like a Nascar fender.

"This Adrian Peterson TD is brought to you by 3M Solar- Powering our future"

Packers practice jerseys. Sponsored by Brett Favre's Steakhouse.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    IMO to get the stadium they want their game jerseys should look like a Nascar fender.

"This Adrian Peterson TD is brought to you by 3M Solar- Powering our future"
    Check out the CFL jerseys, they would look something like that.
    Personally, I'm not a big fan.
    NFL makes enough money and is the most successful pro sports league in the continent, don't do crap like that for a quick buck.
    Practice jerseys are fine, Don't mess with the game jerseys.
    Before we know it, we'll be seeing Pizza Hut nameplates on the back of jerseys instead of names, like little league baseball.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast