Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: The Packers are Idiots...

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    You can see that the packers know that they are not going to be winning a super bowl this coming year. They picked a QB for the future (a bad coice IMO). I wonder how long it will take for Favray to become a news caster. I can see it now.... John Madden and Brett Favre...
    they wouldn't be allowed to air it on network TV... it'd have to be pay-per-view, with that kind of an ORAL presentation... (if you know what i meen... :twisted: )

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hm...

I'll argue you a little bit on Rodgers. Not on the other two, though.

Rodgers, whether you don't put much stock in him or not, was a top 10 pick, and the last first-tier player available. When Oakland took Washington and Jacksonville took that WR/QB freak, it allowed a player to drop to the Pack that they shouldn't have gotten. At worst, we got a player who was worth the draft spot. There weren't a whole lot of players otherwise, and apparently, no trading partners.

But the other two...I found it amazing that "Groundhog Day" was playing on AMC at the same time, because I felt like we were picking punters all over again.

Collins is projected to move to safety. Regardless, he was projected as a 4th rounder.

The wide receiver was projected as a 5th rounder.

Then, we trade away our third rounder, because, you know, we addressed all our needs in the first two rounds.

I have a headache.
    I agree with you totally. Evem though he wont help you next year, Rodgers was a good pick...he COULD have went first overall and you got him at 24 so that could end up being a good choice. After that, you went downhill though...

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

This is the way I see it, from what I can tell with what Puckers lost this year all they can hope for is to rebuild. Farve in my best asumption won't make it to the end of the season without a solid Oline. Their preparing for the dismal Pucker future.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I thought the Packers had Thompson run the draft now instead of Sherman so they would no longer reach for players. By the way how is the Punter they took in the 3rd round last year. LOL!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Guruzen is offline Starter

"ADubya26" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hm...

I'll argue you a little bit on Rodgers. Not on the other two, though.

Rodgers, whether you don't put much stock in him or not, was a top 10 pick, and the last first-tier player available. When Oakland took Washington and Jacksonville took that WR/QB freak, it allowed a player to drop to the Pack that they shouldn't have gotten. At worst, we got a player who was worth the draft spot. There weren't a whole lot of players otherwise, and apparently, no trading partners.

But the other two...I found it amazing that "Groundhog Day" was playing on AMC at the same time, because I felt like we were picking punters all over again.

Collins is projected to move to safety. Regardless, he was projected as a 4th rounder.

The wide receiver was projected as a 5th rounder.

Then, we trade away our third rounder, because, you know, we addressed all our needs in the first two rounds.

I have a headache.
    I agree with you totally. Evem though he wont help you next year, Rodgers was a good pick...he COULD have went first overall and you got him at 24 so that could end up being a good choice. After that, you went downhill though...
    I also agree... you don't pass up a top 10 prospect at #24, especially when you have an aging QB in Favre. QB is actually one of their needs and they got it for a STEAL! I'm actually kinda jealous!

As for the next two picks, let's just say as a Vikings fan I'm glad the Packers blew it! =)

Guruzen is offline Starter

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    You can see that the packers know that they are not going to be winning a super bowl this coming year. They picked a QB for the future (a bad coice IMO). I wonder how long it will take for Favray to become a news caster. I can see it now.... John Madden and Brett Favre...
    they wouldn't be allowed to air it on network TV... it'd have to be pay-per-view, with that kind of an ORAL presentation... (if you know what i meen... :twisted: )
    GREAT CALL!!! I can just picture Favre trying to do his job while Madden is underneath the table sucking him off LOL!!!

norse_nomad is offline Waterboy

The pack always draft corners. Did they forget we got rid of Moss or maybe they are already scared of Troy.
    Either way the Bears and Lions will be above them. God they are going to suck this year.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I love the insane confidence that Viking fans always have before the season starts. You will probably have a decent year, but the Vike's will fall short again for one reason. Head coach, Mike Tice. To be a great team you have to have every piece of the puzzle. The packers in 96 had it. Offense, Defense, Special teams, and coaching. A superior team can always lose to an inferior team that is better coached. Look at the Patriots, they are not the most talented team in the leagu. They were way overmatched on paper in the superbowl Vs. the Rams, but they had the superior coach, and they became a dynasty. The Vikes may be a good team this year, no one can honestly know for sure ahead of time. But, they will never be a championship team with their current head coach. The Vikes this year remind me a lot of the team the Washington Redskins had a few years ago. Loaded with high-priced free agents, but had no team chemistry and never panned out. I would imagine the Vikes will realize that after another disappointing season this year, that you can't buy championships.

Bubba Jed is offline Starter

First of all I can't believe that a thread had to be made that said the Packers are idiots. Every Viking fan knows this.

Second of all if Favre becomes a commentator w/ Madden you would never see him. Since they would be in the closet together.

There's my two bits.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

Del Rio Guest

We do not have a lot of high profile players. We actually got rid of the biggest one we had. We have a lot of hard workers it seems though.

There is a difference on throwing money at a problem (redskins) and grabbing the best for your team. In fact we didn't grab the best free agent at any of the positions we got this offseason. We had enough room we could have, but we settled for a bunch of blue collar guys.

This comparison you are trying to make is weak at best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast