Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Packers/Favre- media attention

"Eyesore" wrote:
    More name-calling? This just isnt like you.

Anyway,nice to know/understand/conceed what my original post was about.
    Unless you put yourself into that group, the name calling is not directed towards you...as far as your post is concerned and conceding to it, the only thing that I am conceding is that the Packers probably do get ratings...but that it is unfortunately the same TV audience that is watching all of those pathetic reality shows that are popular today. I don't have much respect for their tastes and it certainly doesn't reflect what I want to see as far as matchups...but I am just one fan and the majority (no matter how stupid they be) has spoken. So be it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Reallity shows and football? Whats the current price of tea in China goin' for?

Poker night has been moved from tues. to thurs.

Its minus 34 degrees in faibanks today

Scooby doo is currently airing on the cartoon network
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Some interesting quotes from Caine:

'What has Brett done, aside from consecutive starts, that no other QB has done?"

Well... Three MVP's, more then any other player or QB, not to mention they were all consecutive. (And to really nitpick, he was 1 game away from a fourth a few years ago, was the leading candidate going into the final week of the season by the AP, only to have GB get swamped by the Jets then lose the following playoff game at home against the Falcons) Gannon wound up with the award

Most seasons with 20 plus TD's, which are also all consecutive.
    and yada yada I could go on for a bit, but I think you get the point.

"And this only proves my theory that the world is full of stupid people. The number of fans has absolutely no bearing on the quality of the teams TODAY"

Did you base this theory on yourself? It sure as hell does. The more fans there are, the more merchandise sales and profits that are made. And fan base is the essential impact on league marketing strategys, which would include things like MNF appearances. Things like that make teams more attractive to high dollar sponsers and more importantly create more of a "high caliber" image when it comes to attracting championship talent. Yes there is revenue sharing, but Im not sure exactly how that works but I can only assume that certain teams are able to make more money then others, an assumption I gathered upon reading an article recently about how some teams are at a disadvantage when it comes to revenue.

I'll see if I can post that article as soon as I can dig it up.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

"Eyesore" wrote:
    Reallity shows and football? Whats the current price of tea in China goin' for?

Poker night has been moved from tues. to thurs.

Its minus 34 degrees in faibanks today

Scooby doo is currently airing on the cartoon network
    Don't be messin' with Scooby Doo!!! :lol:

I know, Scooby is a Packer fan!

"Eyesore" wrote:
    I know, Scooby is a Packer fan!
    NOT...because everybody knows that Scooby and Shaggy were huge WEED fans, not Vicodin fans...and as you Pack fans have consistently pointed out, we have the weed smokers, not the Packers...LOL

Pass the beer. Its noon somewhere.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"GBMiah" wrote:
    Some interesting quotes from Caine:

'What has Brett done, aside from consecutive starts, that no other QB has done?"

Well... Three MVP's, more then any other player or QB, not to mention they were all consecutive. (And to really nitpick, he was 1 game away from a fourth a few years ago, was the leading candidate going into the final week of the season by the AP, only to have GB get swamped by the Jets then lose the following playoff game at home against the Falcons) Gannon wound up with the award

Most seasons with 20 plus TD's, which are also all consecutive.
    and yada yada I could go on for a bit, but I think you get the point.

"And this only proves my theory that the world is full of stupid people. The number of fans has absolutely no bearing on the quality of the teams TODAY"

Did you base this theory on yourself? It sure as hell does. The more fans there are, the more merchandise sales and profits that are made. And fan base is the essential impact on league marketing strategys, which would include things like MNF appearances. Things like that make teams more attractive to high dollar sponsers and more importantly create more of a "high caliber" image when it comes to attracting championship talent. Yes there is revenue sharing, but Im not sure exactly how that works but I can only assume that certain teams are able to make more money then others, an assumption I gathered upon reading an article recently about how some teams are at a disadvantage when it comes to revenue.

I'll see if I can post that article as soon as I can dig it up.
    on that third MVP, do you really think favre deserved it, or do you think barry should have been the sole winner. and im just asking this as a football question, so both sides please try to keep your personal biases out of it.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

If the lions would have even gotten close to the playoffs, it may have gone soley to Barry, the best RB ever to play in the NFL. His biggest problem was the Lions were and are, perenial doormats.

"Eyesore" wrote:
    If the lions would have even gotten close to the playoffs, it may have gone soley to Barry, the best RB ever to play in the NFL. His biggest problem was the Lions were and are, perenial doormats.
    They did go to the playoffs...remember the Detroit - Cowboys playoff game where Barry ran all over them and Detroit killed the Boys...early 90s (the year before the Cowboys won the Super Bowl under Johnson). I was watching that game in a huge sports bar in between Dallas and Fort Worth...I think that I was the only person in the room that was rooting for Detroit...I laughed my a$$ off all day!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast