SuperGonzo is offline Starter

Packers Cut Defensive Savior

http://packers.com/news/releases/2005/08/14/1/

The guy that was allegedly going to "replace" Darren Sharper in crapville. . .er, Green Bay. . .is apparently looking for another job. :evil4:

Too bad for them the only competent DB they had on their roster LAST season saw the light and moved about 200 miles to the west.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Cut Defensive Savior

It just keeps getting worse...

He was one of their few FA acquisitions, brought in to bolster their horrible "D". Nice to see their ability to spot talent is still horrible.

Caine

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I was reading about it this morning. He's a favorite of Bates and Bates said that he wouldn't win a starting job, so he wanted him to get into someone else's training camp. But elsewhere, it said he was too slow.

They've been impressed (I guess) with Mark Roman, who is playing with a chip on his shoulder, and our second-round pick Nick Collins (he got the INT in the end zone in the last preseason game).

I was suprised, too, but from what I had picked up on him during the offseason, he had lost his Dolphin starting job anyway because he had lost a step. At best, I thought he was a stopgap player until we got someone in there, anyway.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I read that at the bottom line yesterday while watching the vikes preaseason rerun. I was thinking... why the hell would they cut him...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I was reading about it this morning. He's a favorite of Bates and Bates said that he wouldn't win a starting job, so he wanted him to get into someone else's training camp. But elsewhere, it said he was too slow.

They've been impressed (I guess) with Mark Roman, who is playing with a chip on his shoulder, and our second-round pick Nick Collins (he got the INT in the end zone in the last preseason game).

I was suprised, too, but from what I had picked up on him during the offseason, he had lost his Dolphin starting job anyway because he had lost a step. At best, I thought he was a stopgap player until we got someone in there, anyway.
    At this stage of the game, do you really think they're going to find someone better? All of the "someone better" players are in someone else's camp right now.

It's almost painful to watch the Packer's defensive woes right now. Reminds me too much of OUR old defensive woes **shudder**.

Caine

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Los, I was watching that game and I would not be to impressed with that pickoff. The receiver blew his route, and there was nobody within 15 yards of Collins. Which makes me wonder why was he standing in the endzone all by himself, when there wasn't anybody else there nobody even close to the endzone?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Sucks 4 U

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:

Los, I was watching that game and I would not be to impressed with that pickoff. The receiver blew his route, and there was nobody within 15 yards of Collins. Which makes me wonder why was he standing in the endzone all by himself, when there wasn't anybody else there nobody even close to the endzone?

I tend to agree with you there whackthepack. But that Collins guy is getting a lot of good pub in sconny and he is supposed to be pretty good I guess. But that interception isn't anything to write home about!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!