Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Packers crumbling season...

wow, I'm lovin this...

(the best part is at the bottom. It's on Aaron Rodgers :lol: )

ON WISCONSIN : JS ONLINE : PACKER PLUS ONLINE : E-MAIL | PRINT THIS STORY
    Hunt remains on his mini-vacation
    Sherman not sure of tackle's whereabouts
    By TODD ROSIAK
    [email protected]
    Posted: June 6, 2005

Green Bay - After missing the initial three days of the Green Bay Packers' June minicamp last year, defensive tackle Cletidus Hunt surfaced and apologized to his teammates for ditching them after his first practice.

There were no such developments Monday on Ray Nitschke Field, however, and it's becoming increasingly apparent that the seven-year veteran has no plans to take part in any of the three remaining voluntary workouts the team has scheduled this week.

"No to the first and I don't know to the second," coach Mike Sherman responded when asked if he had any further updates on Hunt's whereabouts and whether he expected him to show sometime before minicamp breaks on Thursday.

Sherman was then asked if he or anyone else in the organization had talked to Hunt.

"No, not that I know of. Have you?" he said. "You guys have probably put more calls in to him than I have."

Last year, Hunt gave conflicting reasons for his absence, telling reporters in Green Bay that he was tending to a "last-minute personal issue" just days after telling a TV station in Memphis that he would miss the start of the minicamp in order to organize a football camp for inner-city youth at his former high school.

Sherman, defensive coordinator Jim Bates and others have gone out of their way since the middle of last week to downplay Hunt's absence but it's clear his act has worn thin. Both have been effusive in their praise of the team's core of young defensive linemen so far, and said Hunt would have to fight to regain his former starting spot in training camp.

Because the minicamp is considered voluntary under the National Football League's collective bargaining agreement with the players association, the Packers can't fine Hunt for his absence. Sherman could go so far as to cut Hunt, pushing the monetary hit the team would take onto the team's salary cap next year, but for now he appears to be taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I wouldn't say that," he said when asked if Hunt had perhaps sealed his fate in Green Bay with his latest no-show. "We'll just have to wait and see what transpires between now and (July)."

Hunt's teammates appear to be equally in the dark regarding his whereabouts and motives as the Packers' staff. Nose tackle Grady Jackson, who likened Hunt's mea culpa last year to dealing with a family matter, didn't pretend to understand the reasons for his latest absence but did seem to recognize the possible ramifications stemming from it.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink," Jackson said. "He's got to turn it on because maybe the Packers can only take so much. It's time to put up or shut up right now. That's how the Packers feel, and I think he's going to do that."

Wide receiver Javon Walker, holding out for a more lucrative contract, was once again a no-show, as was tight end Bubba Franks, the team's transition-tagged player who is currently without a contract.

Injury report: Wide receiver Robert Ferguson was forced out of practice early after jamming his back during 1-on-1 work and didn't return.

Safety Mark Roman sat out of practice with a left knee bruise suffered Sunday in an outfield collision with defensive lineman Kenny Peterson at Brett Favre's Celebrity Softball Game, but is expected to return today.

Also missing were wide receivers Chris Samp (hamstring) and Craig Bragg (hamstring), cornerbacks Jason Horton (chest, lungs), Mike Hawkins (knee) and Chris Johnson (shin), tight end Garrett Cross (ankle), defensive tackle James Lee (knee), tackle Brennan Curtin (knee) and defensive lineman Corey Williams.

Running back Najeh Davenport (shoulder) and defensive end Michael Montgomery (thumb) took part in drills and linebacker Ray Thompson returned from a hyperextended knee suffered Friday.

Back and happy: Jackson was back at practice after being excused the first three days by Sherman and did some running in the Don Hutson Center as he continues to recover from off-season knee surgery.

He'll be held out the remainder of the minicamp and likely be limited early in training camp as well in order to give his knee plenty of time to heal.

"I'm coming along pretty good," Jackson said. "I was hoping (to practice) but the doctors are trying to hold me back until training camp. They're just trying to keep me fresh because it's going to be a long season. I'll be ready for training camp."

Gone with the wind: It was plenty warm and sunny Monday, but the gusty winds did little to help either the Packers' punters or quarterbacks.

Among the lowlights was a low, wobbly punt by rookie free agent Bryce Benekos that traveled out of bounds, over the fence and hit the hood of a car parked in the lot of a neighboring business. Rookie quarterback Aaron Rodgers also had his problems as he was intercepted three times, including once in the end zone during a red-zone drill
    :lol:
    "I thought they did a pretty good job considering the conditions; it was very windy out here today," Sherman said, referring to the quarterbacks. "We're throwing a ton at them. Everything that Brett (Favre) knows these guys have to know, and Brett's been around for a long time."

Swamination is offline Rookie

Re: Packers crumbling season...

Wow, thats just sad. lol

"Swamination" wrote:
    Wow, thats just sad. lol
    For them :twisted:

I like the part where the punter hits the car and where Aaron "great value pick" Rodgers gets picked off three times by the packers Defense :shock: :lol:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

that was the most amazing thing i've ever read in my entire life....bravo

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"Everything that Brett (Favre) knows these guys have to know, and Brett's been around for a long time."

And yet Sherman doesn't feel he needs to be there. I haven't seen or heard of Golden Boy busting down the door to get in there and roll his sleeves up to help out, either.

Puker fans might want to think about the possibility of a sub .500 season with each new spiral downward their team is taking.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    that was the most amazing thing i've ever read in my entire life....bravo
    Get used to it, this is just the begining :twisted:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

MMWWUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

nice evil laugh cajun! :twisted: