SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Packers and Bates Part Ways

"Trash the Pack" was the only place I could think of putting this.

From WCCO.com

Packers and Bates part ways
    Green Bay, WI (Sports Network) - The Green Bay Packers announced Monday that defensive coordinator Jim Bates and the team have agreed to part ways.

Bates, the Packers' defensive coordinator this past season, had interviewed last week for the club's vacant head coaching job which was given to former San Francisco offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy.

"I have great respect for Jim Bates as a defensive football coach," McCarthy said. "He and I have gotten together on a couple occasions over the last several days to discuss him as the defensive coordinator on my staff. Ultimately, we agreed that the best course of action for both of us would be for the Packers to go in a different direction."

In Bates' only season with Green Bay, the Packers ranked first overall in pass defense and seventh overall in total defense. However, the team as a whole finished 4-12, its worst record since 1991.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers and Bates Part Ways

Wow. The Packers truly are idiots. Best person on their staff.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Go figure,

Stats say he was a decent D coach.....

Maybe he's tending to some other offers out there, maybe even a College has contacted him about being a head Coach?

Hey, who cares, good news for us..LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We should have waited and scooped up this guy for our DC...he will make some other team a great DC next year!

Agreed...the Packers are idiots!!! LOL!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I can't believe they let this guy go. I never thought he could turn that D around into something respectable even, but he had them in the top 10. Very bad move on the cheesedicks part IMO, but oh well, it helps us!! hahahaha stupid cheesedicks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

He should have been the next headcoach, how do you put mccarthy in place of bates, I would love to have a d-coord like bates as a head coach!! only in GB will you get a move like this....cheesedick...no more like cheese morons!!! :rr:
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I was afraid that they would offer him the hc job, but then I remembered they are morons!! lo

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, but remember everyone, the Packers will be better than us next year. If you don't believe me, go ask all the cheeseheads, they will tell you. What a joke, I loved hearing that, they bring in a coach that looks like he has Down Syndrome, to replace Sherman, great call dumbfuck$. Better for us, ha ha ha..