Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    poisoning16 is offline Rookie

Re: Packers 2009 preseason.

Viking fans giving the Packers some props

seriously though, I'm trying not to get too excited about what the 1st team has done so far this preseason(outscoring opponents 76-10) but its hard not to. I figured the offense would be great this year, they have at on of weapons and an up and coming QB who I think will be considered one of the top 5 in the league after this year

as far as the D goes, an earlier poster said it appears the Packers are going all out, but that isn't the case. Dom has said time and time again that this is his base D and the blitz packages that they have shown are just part of the base D...said he would implement the other blitz packages when the season starts since they have personalized ones for each team.

The North is looking like it could very well be one of the strongest divisions in football...ignoring Detroit lol. For years the division seemed weak but it's good to see the competition improving. The 3 main teams all have actual QB's and our division is filled with some of the games top talent

I just want to see the D improve on Run D obviously...that was what killed them last year. The offense should have no problem putting up points, so it's all on the D. I like their chances now that they have a REAL D coordinator who can actually make adjustments.

Should definitely be the division to watch, with the obvious Brett/Packers storyline of course. Don't sleep on the Bears...although their O-line/Secondary still has issues

Bring on the season and hopefully each team stays healthy so we don't have to have any what if's.

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    IMO the one thing the Packer lack is depth.
    If Brett goes down or if he fades we still have Rosie and TJ to back him up and even Booty looks like he could run the offense. I am not sure the Packers are as happy with their depth at that position. Actually I believe we have more depth across the board. Hell, I would take CT over Grant any day of the week and we have more depth on the d-line, LB and TE positions. They may have us in the secondary possibly but that is it.

In the end as usual it is going to come down to injuries and how the teams deal with them. This is the healthiest we have been in the Chillyball era on both sides of the ball so that should play in our favor.
    Actually, the Packers have quite a bit of depth IMO. The last game vs the Cards there were a ton of NFL scouts at the game watching because the Packers will eventually have to cut some players who are good enough to be on an NFL roster. I'll give you the QB position...if Rodgers goes down they are flatout screwed, no question about that...but then again most teams will suffer when their star QB goes down. As far as RB goes, talent wise they don't touch the Vikes...but so far this preseason each of their RB's has looked pretty good. The Undrafted FA rookie Tyrell Sutton(who I was hoping they would sign after the draft) has done a very good job and with Brandon Jackson injured right now and out indefinitely it looks like he'll be making the team. WR is deep, period. I'm not sure how much depth you shoudl have at TE but with the emergence of Jermichael Finley, they now have 2 pretty good pass catching threats at TE...with Finley the guy with the high upside

LBer is probably their deepest position. Desmond Bishop has been a man possessed this preseason and it will be hard for them to justify keeping him off the field any longer. Secondary has actually thinned out a bit...safety is a HUGE concern. Bigby has been a ghost this preseason, and Jarret Bush is a scrub. FA pickup Anthony Smith has looked alright though, and wouldn't surprise me if he is the starter over Bigby...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

It's practice. But I agree, the Pack has looked good.
    There are only two teams in the NFCN competeing for the championship.
    One of them isn't the Bears.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dfosterf is offline Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I think the whole North is going to be far too exciting.
    Man, I hate exciting.

Seriously, there is SO much going on with all the teams...

The best part is gonna be the smack-talk as things begin to emerge!

(I wouldn't want to even contemplate the crap I'd get to hear if the Lions make a massive turn-about)

Da Bearce look tough, too.

Someone gonna be
    ;D

Others will be
    :

and
    :'(

If the Lions turn-about and go 11-5 I will eat a cheddar wedge.

1st game btwn Pack and Vikes---potential sig bet proposal---Pack wins--- all takers MUST play this the 1st time they log into PPO ea day until kickoff of 2nd game or until released from bondage by yours truly--- The proposed equivalent is welcome and I will give you a two for one in that I'm staff at PackersHome and also very active at Packerchatters
    (SodbusterstuckinPa at Packerchatters).

Wedge of Allegiance

Potential gauntlet thrown down. Honor system, of course.
    Good news---You aren't stuck in green and gold and dfoster isn't wearing purple--- I'm sure that one will get handled when Pack93z lays down his bet proposal, though. ;D
    You know I will take that one.

Here is mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgCuvMrVppg#

As far as the sig part. If the Pack wins, I will take either your or Pack's sig for a week and if the Vikings win, you get to sport my Fat Vikings Chick is singing sig. Fair?

Ok--If you accept the following, the bet is on.
    One proviso, upon reflection.
    Packerchatters will moderate that thread away.
    In the event of a loss, I will definitely put it up on PackersHome.com
    and watch it daily.

I thought of a (I think quite humorous) way for us to honor the Reaganism "Trust but verify" with the additional advantage that my fellow Puker fans - and your fellow Queens fans--don't get inundated with our respective video.

Here is how I propose it works.
    I will use myself as the example.
    I create a thread at PackersHome with your video in it.
    I am required to compliment some aspect of that video as the very first thing I do on a daily basis.
    "I just noticed that the webbing between thumb and forefinger is quite attractive" or some-such.
    Humor is allowed and encouraged, and the compliment can be as oblique as humanly possible, with the proviso that it is at the same time reflective of wit.

As far as the sig goes.
    I assume we have not negotiated avatars at this juncture, just sigs,
    I also am assuming we are talking THIS forum, as in you would be "packing" my pack sig and I would be "packing" your vikes sig.,..here.
    With the realization that they are a bunch of overly zealous mods at Packerchatters, resulting in me semi-reneging on the video aspect as it relates to that site compared to PackersHome. com--

I will wear your sig on BOTH P.P.O. AND PackersHome.com---in the spirit of both my honor and pre-season arrogance/confidence regarding my "chances" of having to do so. :P

I cannot speak for Pack93z on these matters, but suspect he will be heard from soon..as always.

This bet would remain in full force starting at the conclusion of the first game until kick-off of second game, unless one party releases the other from the obligation in the interim. If you want just a week for either or both, I am good with that, and await your reply on that most weighty matter.

Is it a bet? Of course I would expect and anticipate a response prior to kickoff of this evening's pre-season game.
    After all, I am proffering this without knowing how Barney will do, and would think it unseemly to wait for the knowledge garnered by waiting until after Brent plays.
    I know I am in a minority on this, but I happen to think pre-season games (not records, mind you) mean something, sometimes.
    Tonight's game would be an example of that, as are the previous three games that my team played.
    For perspective, I am 99% certain my team will get their butts handed to them this week against Tennessee.
    THAT game will be meaningless... :P

;D

What a lovely video.
    (Practice, we're talkin' practice, here
    ;D )

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"poisoning16" wrote:

seriously though, I'm trying not to get too excited about what the 1st team has done so far this preseason(outscoring opponents 76-10) but its hard not to. I figured the offense would be great this year, they have at on of weapons and an up and coming QB who I think will be considered one of the top 5 in the league after this year

as far as the D goes, an earlier poster said it appears the Packers are going all out, but that isn't the case. Dom has said time and time again that this is his base D and the blitz packages that they have shown are just part of the base D...said he would implement the other blitz packages when the season starts since they have personalized ones for each team.

The North is looking like it could very well be one of the strongest divisions in football...ignoring Detroit lol. For years the division seemed weak but it's good to see the competition improving. The 3 main teams all have actual QB's and our division is filled with some of the games top talent

I just want to see the D improve on Run D obviously...that was what killed them last year. The offense should have no problem putting up points, so it's all on the D. I like their chances now that they have a REAL D coordinator who can actually make adjustments.

Should definitely be the division to watch, with the obvious Brett/Packers storyline of course. Don't sleep on the Bears...although their O-line/Secondary still has issues

Bring on the season and hopefully each team stays healthy so we don't have to have any what if's.
    Orlando Pace looked REAL old last night. He was getting beaten like a red headed step child. Our D line will have no problem getting through.

I have to say, Packers scare me much more than Chicago. Rodgers is legit through and through. And he's handled this whole Favre fiasco far better than I would have. I'm going to cherish this year (while you Pack are still transitioning to the 3-4). Next year, will be far more difficult.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Big C is offline Coordinator

Most if us are pretty level headed people who understand that this is a sport ;D. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. I will give credit where it is due. The Packers offense looks as good as last year and the defense looks much more menacing in pre-season. If pre-season is an indication of things to come (which I don't think it is) then Detroit looks as bad as last season even though I KNOW they are a much better team. Starting Stafford would be a bad idea in my opinion. Culpepper can help keep most games within reach this year.

I think the Vikes, Bears and Packers are evenly matched this season. I don't think we have had such balanced teams (offense, defense and ST) across the board in a while. Last year the Vikes and Bears were defensive teams and the Pack was offensive. This year things seem to have levelled out.

It is going to be a HELL of a season. I wouldn't be suprised to see Detroit go 0-6 within the division and have two NFC North teams in the playoffs. The division is that good this season. I should be able to stock my Fantasy team with just NFC North players. Hell, I just might do that .
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Um, the preseason means absolutely nothing.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Yup.
    The Lions were 4-0 last year, and we all know where that led.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Ya, that goes for team success.

But I will say that AR looks damn good skill wise.
    He has touch and zip.

We don't know how that D will hold up against other teams first string for 60 minutes.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Yup.
    The Lions were 4-0 last year, and we all know where that led.

=Z=
    Preseason records mean absolutely nothing.
    But there is still a little bit of value to be gleaned from watching the starters.
    NOt much, but still some.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast