Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Packers 2009 preseason.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    IMO the one thing the Packer lack is depth.
    If Brett goes down or if he fades we still have gus and TJ to back him up and even Booty looks like he could run the offense.
    And I thought we canned that hag.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Snowbowler" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If Brett goes down or if he fades we still have gus and TJ to back him up and even Booty looks like he could run the offense.
    And I thought we canned that hag.

OOPs
    I mean Sage. Not that there is a significant difference other than an additional 1 on one of their jerseys

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If Brett goes down or if he fades we still have Rosie and TJ to back him up and even Booty looks like he could run the offense. I am not sure the Packers are as happy with their depth at that position. Actually I believe we have more depth across the board. Hell, I would take CT over Grant any day of the week and we have more depth on the d-line, LB and TE positions. They may have us in the secondary possibly but that is it.

In the end as usual it is going to come down to injuries and how the teams deal with them. This is the healthiest we have been in the Chillyball era on both sides of the ball so that should play in our favor.
    Linebacker might be closer than you think, we have 4 ILBs who look like they're capable of starting for quite a few teams. Same goes for the OLBs. But I agree with the rest. Our starters have looked very impressive. Our 2nd/3rd/4th stringers, not so much.

Flynn is decent. I think that he could move the offense. Problem is, our strong point is our passing game. We'll be in trouble if Rodgers does go down and Flynn can't get this thing moving. Our running game certainly isn't strong enough to carry it by itsself.

That said, the running game has become a lot more effective. Grant is still no AP, but he looks to be going towards his 2007 form more so than his 2008 one. Brandon Jackson is still a great pass catcher, who I'm hoping they'll use more than only on 3rd and 15 runs/screens and Sutton might've just been a hidden gem in this draft. We'll see how that'll work out.

As for the TE position. Watch some stuff on that Finley kid. He has all the tools to succeed and it looks like he is putting them to good use this year. Then take a look at Lee as well. Whenever he is pressured for his job, he seems to rise to the occasion. See 2007. Maybe Spencer Havner as well. LB/TE. Going to play both ways, if he makes the team. He has some potential.

O-line and D-line are still my biggest worries. The starters have been great. Jolly has been nothing short of amazing (Again, want to see some of this, watch him get pressure and hold his point in the 1-5-5). Wynn has a lot of potential, but is currently undersized. Montgomery is still a question mark to me. We're decently deep there, but when a starter goes down and Jolly's legal issues finally catch up with him, we might be in trouble here.

The O-line has improved, but I'm still not too confident on our RT and LG. I'm hoping that these players have progressed like they should. If that's the case, we'll have a very solid foundation. Especially if Jamon Meredith pans out. That's all for the future, though. I'll have to see how our current guys perform in the regular season.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post

I LOVE (or hate) what Desmond Bishop is doing

Wtf.. I knew he was talented but I haven't seen someone play like that in a long time

He is getting tackle after tackle.. If not he is right there to make the tackle.. Causing and recovering fumbles.. Picking off passes.. Sacking.. U name it

Raji although hasn't done too much u can see he can collapse a pocket.. Im nervous about Sullivan going against him

Blog Entries

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If Brett goes down or if he fades we still have Rosie and TJ to back him up and even Booty looks like he could run the offense. I am not sure the Packers are as happy with their depth at that position. Actually I believe we have more depth across the board. Hell, I would take CT over Grant any day of the week and we have more depth on the d-line, LB and TE positions. They may have us in the secondary possibly but that is it.

In the end as usual it is going to come down to injuries and how the teams deal with them. This is the healthiest we have been in the Chillyball era on both sides of the ball so that should play in our favor.
    Linebacker might be closer than you think, we have 4 ILBs who look like they're capable of starting for quite a few teams. Same goes for the OLBs. But I agree with the rest. Our starters have looked very impressive. Our 2nd/3rd/4th stringers, not so much.

Flynn is decent. I think that he could move the offense. Problem is, our strong point is our passing game. We'll be in trouble if Rodgers does go down and Flynn can't get this thing moving. Our running game certainly isn't strong enough to carry it by itsself.

That said, the running game has become a lot more effective. Grant is still no AP, but he looks to be going towards his 2007 form more so than his 2008 one. Brandon Jackson is still a great pass catcher, who I'm hoping they'll use more than only on 3rd and 15 runs/screens and Sutton might've just been a hidden gem in this draft. We'll see how that'll work out.

As for the TE position. Watch some stuff on that Finley kid. He has all the tools to succeed and it looks like he is putting them to good use this year. Then take a look at Lee as well. Whenever he is pressured for his job, he seems to rise to the occasion. See 2007. Maybe Spencer Havner as well. LB/TE. Going to play both ways, if he makes the team. He has some potential.

O-line and D-line are still my biggest worries. The starters have been great. Jolly has been nothing short of amazing (Again, want to see some of this, watch him get pressure and hold his point in the 1-5-5). Wynn has a lot of potential, but is currently undersized. Montgomery is still a question mark to me. We're decently deep there, but when a starter goes down and Jolly's legal issues finally catch up with him, we might be in trouble here.

The O-line has improved, but I'm still not too confident on our RT and LG. I'm hoping that these players have progressed like they should. If that's the case, we'll have a very solid foundation. Especially if Jamon Meredith pans out. That's all for the future, though. I'll have to see how our current guys perform in the regular season.
    You could be right on the LB situation. To be honest I am not too familiar with the depth to a great degree. They may be a solid unit.

It does look like you guys have retooled fairly quickly though and returned the team back to the point where they have the potential to contend. It will be a season for the ages though, don't you think?

dfosterf is offline Coach

I think the whole North is going to be far too exciting.
    Man, I hate exciting.

Seriously, there is SO much going on with all the teams...

The best part is gonna be the smack-talk as things begin to emerge!

(I wouldn't want to even contemplate the crap I'd get to hear if the Lions make a massive turn-about)

Da Bearce look tough, too.

Someone gonna be
    ;D

Others will be
    :

and
    :'(

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    Man, I hate exciting.

(I wouldn't want to even contemplate the crap I'd get to hear if the Lions make a massive turn-about)

Someone gonna be
    ;D

Others will be
    :

and

If the Lions turn-about and go 11-5 I will eat a cheddar wedge.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"Webby" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    Man, I hate exciting.

Someone gonna be
    ;D

Others will be
    :

and

1st game btwn Pack and Vikes---potential sig bet proposal---Pack wins--- all takers MUST play this the 1st time they log into PPO ea day until kickoff of 2nd game or until released from bondage by yours truly--- The proposed equivalent is welcome and I will give you a two for one in that I'm staff at PackersHome and also very active at Packerchatters
    (SodbusterstuckinPa at Packerchatters).

Wedge of Allegiance

Potential gauntlet thrown down. Honor system, of course.
    Good news---You aren't stuck in green and gold and dfoster isn't wearing purple--- I'm sure that one will get handled when Pack93z lays down his bet proposal, though. ;D

Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    Man, I hate exciting.

Someone gonna be
    ;D

Others will be
    :

and

1st game btwn Pack and Vikes---potential sig bet proposal---Pack wins--- all takers MUST play this the 1st time they log into PPO ea day until kickoff of 2nd game or until released from bondage by yours truly--- The proposed equivalent is welcome and I will give you a two for one in that I'm staff at PackersHome and also very active at Packerchatters
    (SodbusterstuckinPa at Packerchatters).

Wedge of Allegiance

Potential gauntlet thrown down. Honor system, of course.
    Good news---You aren't stuck in green and gold and dfoster isn't wearing purple--- I'm sure that one will get handled when Pack93z lays down his bet proposal, though. ;D
    You know I will take that one.

Here is mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgCuvMrVppg#

As far as the sig part. If the Pack wins, I will take either your or Pack's sig for a week and if the Vikings win, you get to sport my Fat Vikings Chick is singing sig. Fair?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    Rodgers looks solid. That D is creating massive turnovers. Bring on the real season.
    I definately agree with Rodgers.
    I think he is quietly putting himself in position to be the best QB in the NFC North.
    Not sure what to think of the defense yet.
    The GB defense was the Achilles heel of the Packers last year.
    I am not yet convinced that they have completely turned the corner yet.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast