Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers 2009 preseason.

To 93z,Defroster etc.

As much as I despise your team (

;D
    ) I will have to admit that your favorite team is looking pretty darn good so far. It looks like your staff made the right choice at the QB position and #12 looks to be a very good prospect. Of course our D-Line is going to obliterate him but aside from that...

One thing that I have always respected in the way your team runs it offense is the way the are aggressive and how they like to dictate rather than react to the defense. That is something our current staff has not done but hopefully something your castaway can bring to my favorite team.

It should be a very interesting year. BTW, with the recent events and the new addition to our team, do we have any new sig bets for the Brett Vs Aaron saga that is about to unfold?

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Packers 2009 preseason.

Yes they look good but the teams they have played don't say much. The Browns are down right horrible, the bills are decent but sat TO and a few other starters. The Cardinals just didn't look very good, but Matt Leinert was pretty impressive (looks like the game is slowing down for him and he is able to make the correct reads). The 3/4 defense is looking impressive, but remember offenses are very very vanilla at this point. It looks like the Packers are going out and using everything when it comes to the offense and defense while their competitor is being very vanilla.

Just my 2 cents, but i think 2 very valid pennies.

dfosterf is offline Coach

Thank you for the shoutout.

I call that classy.

Naturally we are way too to optimistic in Puker land, although (shoutout of my own) Pack93z is doing everything in his power to attenuate both the highs and lows of Puker fandom.
    "highs"-wise, he is mostly failing, but I would imagine that can be understood...what we see is a stark departure from what we were seeing as a 6-10 team, and we (Puker nation) will of course jump on anything approaching good news, pre-season or no...Again, I know you understand.
    Yes, any of your Puker fan acquaintances are probably going to be even more obnoxious than usual this week.
    Call it pent up obnoxiousness demand or something.

Rodgers has looked incredibly good.
    I mean really.

Our offensive line looks quite a bit better, we have one PO'd former starter there, but he's going to have to get over himself.

I would say that amongst the starting personnel, our biggest vulnerability would be the tendency to fail at times in zone pass coverage.
    This is well in line with the hoped for growing pains that so many following the purple would anticipate with the transitional year to the 3-4.
    So far though--pluses and minuses on that D--- I say you got more trouble than you might realize, but also admit that Pack93z really sucks at attenuating my personal version of fantasy football, even there on that heretofore abysmal defense.

Flynn will be back next week, so hopefully I don't have- to have- to say anything
    (because it will not be especially nice) about a formerly "most NFL ready" QB named whatshisface Brohm or something...If I did say something, (referencing Pack93z again)
    well, I'd get in a little trouble. I semi-promised to not say the "sucks" word, for example... I'll take whichever one you guys want to get rid of amongst your 4 and throw in a six pack of your favorite cold beverage in trade.
    I think I'd be hosing you on the deal. Please don't tell Pack93z I said that or the deal is off. :P

Again, nice to take the time and trouble for the acknowledgment, and we ALL know that hope and optimism is needed coming off a season such as the Pukers had. ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Rodgers looks solid. That D is creating massive turnovers. Bring on the real season.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am impressed, not surprised.
    Heck he had a crap load of yards last season, a very successful season.
    He has one more year under his belt.
    The defense is talented just asked to play a different scheme.
    I think it was one of the NFLN guys that said, part of a good defensive scheme is someone that is good at calling the game and Dom Capers is one of the best at calling a defensive game, I would agree.
    [img width=450 height=217]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/a_rodgers_082809_QT.jpg[/img]

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009082851/2009/PRE3/packers@cardinals
    What we learned ...

Aaron Rodgers can run: The Packers' quarterback is known for his strong arm, but he showed off some wheels in the first quarter on a 34-yard scramble up the middle. Rodgers also did what he does best with a 258-yard, three-touchdown performance in two quarters of work.

This Packers defense is for real: The Packers totaled four takeaways (two interceptions, two fumbles) against the Cardinals. Green Bay's first team defense now has 12 turnovers over the first three weeks of the preseason. New defensive coordinator Dom Capers' fingerprints are all over this unit as it showed a number of different looks and blitzes while forcing seven fumbles (three from cornerback Charles Woodson) and four sacks.

Re-air on NFL Network:
    Green Bay Packers at
    Arizona Cardinals,
    Saturday, 1 a.m. ET

» NFL Network preseason schedule
    [size=13pt]Packers starters continue to impress against Cardinals[/size]
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090828/PKR01/90828166/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I was gonna say Both the Pack and the Bears have looked great

Pack are the best team so far this preseason tho

We struggle with blitzes and the Pack are gonna be blitzing alot.. Should be interesting

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:

We struggle with blitzes and the Pack are gonna be blitzing a lot.. Should be interesting
    You have to look at these teams that are scoring 30 plus points per game.
    Preseason or not, that is potent.

We have questions about our offense.
    Hopefully our D can hold these offensive teams to low point totals.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

We struggle with blitzes and the Pack are gonna be blitzing a lot.. Should be interesting

I hope so as well.
    I mean we only given up 16 pts in the presaeson, and I know it doesnt mean much, but I think that the players should come into the season knowing they can keep other teams out of the endzone
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Hell ya man

I predict some huge games!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Yeah, the Packers look scary. In a way I am glad so that we can start the regular season with Greenbay being the consensus favorite and Chicago next. The Favre-Vikings are still a huge question mark that could go either way. Thankfully we have 3 easier games to start the season and figure ourselves out before we play the Pack.

I will be VERY dissapointed if the NFC North doesn't have two teams in the playoffs this year.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast