Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Packer Trashing

mi314 is offline Waterboy

Packer Trashing

Hi, I'm a Packer fan that has visited this site (along with other NFC North sites) over the past year or so.
    During that span, I've been pretty surprised by the huge amount of trash talk about the Packers.
    First, I realize that it's a great rivalry and you are supposed to hate the other team, but my question is:

Why is there such an obsession with hating the Packers ONLY?
    Shouldn't your hate be more directed toward the Bears rivalry right now?
    We aren't even any good!
    Yet despite these things, over the last year I've noticed:

-frequent threads aimed purely toward insulting Packer fans
    -frequent threads scrutinizing every personnel move the Packers make
    -threads unrelated to the Packers that somehow get redirected toward Packer hating
    -the forums DESIGNED for hating Packers
    -etc etc etc

Again, I understand the hating.
    Packer fans "hate" the Vikings too.
    Many Vikings and Packer fans also have a mutual respect for each other too.
    But it seems that, despite the Bears NFC North domination and Packers crappy record these last 2 seasons, you are still actively hating the Packers.
    Packer fans, however, are more geared up for the Bears rivalry, and you guys are on the back burner.
    I don't understand why it's not that way for you.

Is it Favre or the the fact that we have more Superbowls than the Bears, or the fact that we share a border? Not trying to start anything, but just curious because everytime I visit the site I'm amazed at the obsession with the Packers throughout the threads.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Packer Trashing

Hi mi314 and welcome to the site.

I can't speak for other Vikings fans, but my "hatred" for the Pack has been stoked by decades of a great rivalry.
    And I will agree that there is some mutual respect.

But just because the Bears are having one of their "flash in the pan" good seasons and the Pack is, well, ummm, not having a good season doesn't mean that that rivalry will ever replace the Packer-Vikings rivalry in the minds of the purple faithful.

My two favorite teams will always be #1 - the Vikings, and #2 - whoever is playing the Pack. ;D
    Although whoever is playing the SeaChickens is quickly becoming a close third...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

This site in a sense is a congregation of fans that dislike the packers. We have a Favre INT tracker, we have picture manipulators what have you. So it should not surprise you at all to see the members of this forum not liking the packers.

The Bears need more then one good season for the rivalry to come back up. The Pack and Vikes have been dominating the division for many recent years, with the Bears every once in a while making a great run.

It would be near the same as asking why we do not have a Lions rivalry. They just aren't that great and haven't ever been. The Bears had some great teams in the 80's since then it's been all Pack and Vikes. You guys have seemingly finally come off your high and seem to be in a rebuilding process.

I can say this with 100% confidence. If the Pack had a winning record this board would be full of people attacking us. If the Vikes had a worse record then the pack this site would be full of people attacking us. Regardless of the Bears and that is coming from over 2 years of being witness to the Pack trolls on this site.

I am not buying for one second the Pack have turned their sites to the Bears lol, they just don't have any room to talk, or else I guarantee they would be and they would be doing it here as well.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If there were more Packer fans that could forumlate their thoughts and write coherently there wouldn't be so much bashing.
    Well, not really, but it would help.

Many of us enjoy hating on the Packers and many of the trolls that stop by have arguments like, "We're going to win and you suck" or something equally intelligent.

Other fans are always more welcome if they come to talk football.
    Even members of the site that are Vikings fans have to try to support their argument or their posts get attacked or ar in question.

The Packer fans are typically loyal to their team and many fans that I know are convinced that Packers are going to the Big Dance, even if they start the season at 0-6.
    No biggy, we all have our allegiances, but the rivalry is heated and always will be.

In summary, the Packer trolls that stop by this site usually have a double-digit IQ and rarely have anything to offer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Del" wrote:
    This site in a sense is a congregation of fans that dislike the packers. We have a Favre INT tracker, we have picture manipulators what have you. So it should not surprise you at all to see the members of this forum not liking the packers.

The Bears need more then one good season for the rivalry to come back up. The Pack and Vikes have been dominating the division for many recent years, with the Bears every once in a while making a great run.

It would be near the same as asking why we do not have a Lions rivalry. They just aren't that great and haven't ever been. The Bears had some great teams in the 80's since then it's been all Pack and Vikes. You guys have seemingly finally come off your high and seem to be in a rebuilding process.
    That makes sense, and answers my question.
    Thank you.

However, I do think the Bears are for real, and will be good for awhile.
    I wouldn't doubt that your "hatred" changes soon.
    I was just surprised it hasn't changed already.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

I will say, Bears fans are getting to be just as bad as some troll pack fans.

Mi314, you werent here in 2004 and 2005 when we had to listen to pack fans come here and tell us how good they think they are, and how sucky they think we are.
    It was just a rediculous amount of troll attacks.
    Which is why we have so much hatred for the pack.

Thank you for being sensible and making good football chat with us.
    Opposing fans with your moniker are always welcome.
    Congrats on your win over the Dolfrauds.
    We look forward to playing your team, and beating them :P.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I would speculate that any NFL fan that has allegiances to the NFCN thinks about the Vikings, Packers, and Bears.........and a distant thought is the Lions.

Personally, I can't stand the Bears and have hated them for decades too.
    There was a small percentage of fans that stopped by that had something to offer.
    They are annoying as hell because they think Grossman is the second coming when he plays sporadically and has shown to be as durable as toy you get out of a cereal box.

Trust me, there aren't many on this site that can't stand the Bears or Packers.
    I have more sympathy than hate toward the Lions for the time being, but that will be replaced by hate when old man Ford gets his head out of his ass and gets rid of Millen.

Stick around and post when we meet up.
    The Packers/Vikings games seem like they're always close, even when one of the teams is treading water.
    The intradivisional rivalries are always tough and are played at a different level of intensity, regardless of the perceived talent on the teams.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Acumen" wrote:
    I would speculate that any NFL fan that has allegiances to the NFCN thinks about the Vikings, Packers, and Bears.........and a distant thought is the Lions.

Personally, I can't stand the Bears and have hated them for decades too.
    There was a small percentage of fans that stopped by that had something to offer.
    They are annoying as hell because they think Grossman is the second coming when he plays sporadically and has shown to be as durable as toy you get out of a cereal box.

Trust me, there aren't many on this site that can't stand the Bears or Packers.
    I have more sympathy than hate toward the Lions for the time being, but that will be replaced by hate when old man Ford gets his head out of his jiggly butt and gets rid of Millen.

Stick around and post when we meet up.
    The Packers/Vikings games seem like they're always close, even when one of the teams is treading water.
    The intradivisional rivalries are always tough and are played at a different level of intensity, regardless of the perceived talent on the teams.
    Yeah, unfortunately most trolls are morons, regardless of the team they represent.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Pack/Vike game.
    We play Arizona and Buffalo before then, so we have a chance to be a .500 team when we meet.
    That would make it a huge game for us.
    I will definitely be visiting the board around that time, considering how accepting you all are to "non-trolls".

Also, congrats on your Seahawks win.
    I think it's ridiculous that some said the hit on Hasselback was intentional, but it did help you.
    The way the Vikings were playing, I think they probably would've won anyway.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

This season i would say we hate the bears more but the packer will always be hated here.The reason being is that you guys get rid of ur best players (thinking that they are bad) and when we pick them up u guys make fun of us.Well guess what it was your loss!So far darren sharper had a probowl season last year and ryan longwell is playing very well this year.Hopefully u will let us pick up driver next ;D

O and enjoy the favre interception tracker while u are here!SKOL!

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    This season i would say we hate the bears more but the packer will always be hated here.The reason being is that you guys get rid of ur best players (thinking that they are bad) and when we pick them up u guys make fun of us.Well guess what it was your loss!So far darren sharper had a probowl season last year and ryan longwell is playing very well this year.Hopefully u will let us pick up driver next ;D

O and enjoy the favre interception tracker while u are here!SKOL!
    Sharper may have been a mistake by the Packers.
    The problem is he's such a risk-taker that he's involved in a lot of big plays, both good and bad.
    I didn't watch a lot of your games last season, but I got the impression that he gave up some big plays in addition to the big plays he made.
    Apparently the pro-bowl selectors didn't think so.
    Our cap situation at the time forced us not to take a risk on him, but considering the state of our secondary now, we probably should have.

Longwell is a good kicker, but he's a kicker.
    That was definitely a wash for us, because we've already replaced him with Raynor, who is improving fast.
    He hasn't been as accurate as Longwell, but he's cheap and he'll be around a long time if he keeps improving.

I actually enjoy seeing the Favre INT tracker, now that it is at a reasonable number, ranking in the middle of the league.
    We're all hoping he breaks the TD pass record before the INT record.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast