Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    bono's Avatar
    bono is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    Bdubya,
    it's called SHEER LOVE/LOYALTY to a GREAT TEAM!!!! How many Viking Lovers would do the same? And I'm not buying that whole "lot of time on their hands" theory. It's crap!!!!
    And, by the way, fans had to PAY for seats to this practice. And as sure as this site is Purplepride, tickets were NOT cheap!!!
    62,000 fans...Wow! Wisconsinites must really have A LOT OF DISPOSIBLE (sp) income IN THEIR HANDS, eh?!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

  2. #22
    outcast316's Avatar
    outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    "bono" wrote:
    Florida,
    how can one get wooped in a scrimmage? One must contend in order to either get the win or the loss.
    I would sure like to go up to Minnesota and watch the vikings practice. I wonder how many times Culpepper and the offense got their butts handed to them by the their defense, eh?!
    Anyone in here ever watch the Vikings practice? How many 80-yard bombs has Culpepper dropped on them for the offensive WIN? How many times has the offense allowed Culpepper to get sacked in the closing minutes...handing the scrimmage victory over to the defense?
    Has the Viking offense had the most success thus far this "scrimmage season"? If so, I would like to predict the Viking defense is doomed!!! And visa versa.
    we all know it was only the first anything aginst another team however, living in here people were actually upset and crabby becasue their packers did not dominate. It is from both sides we viking fans love it while many packer fans are begining to write off this team. What can you do?
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

  3. #23
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    Well, they were $8, actually, bono.

    So a lot of the trailer folk got to go inside the big shiny stadium for the first time.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  4. #24
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    "bono" wrote:
    Bdubya,
    it's called SHEER LOVE/LOYALTY to a GREAT TEAM!!!! How many Viking Lovers would do the same? And I'm not buying that whole "lot of time on their hands" theory. It's crap!!!!
    And, by the way, fans had to PAY for seats to this practice. And as sure as this site is Purplepride, tickets were NOT cheap!!!
    62,000 fans...Wow! Wisconsinites must really have A LOT OF DISPOSIBLE (sp) income IN THEIR HANDS, eh?!!!!
    To be honest with you, I am mostly just bitter because I had to take a detour through the city and wait a little longer. I probably would have gone if the Vikings did that and I had access.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  5. #25
    fan4favre is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    256

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm too lazy to read all of that. But whatever you said, you're wrong. :lol:
    That's awesome dude.
    What is awesome? His clear lack of an attention span? Bono actually made a very informative point about the scrimmage.

    The real facts are Green Bay hasn't had a winning preseason in 5 years. Yet, somehow Green Bay (during their preseason chaos) has managed to win three consecutive NFC North Championships. I say keep up the great play obfuscation Packers! Another division championship may already be a lock.

  6. #26
    natethegreat's Avatar
    natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    486

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    "SKOL_Master" wrote:
    Some JSOnline highlights (lowlights?) from Friday's scrimmage between the Bills and the Pack. They might be even worse than we've been predicting.....

    Anemic on offense and not much better on defense, the Packers were manhandled by the Buffalo Bills, 14-0, in a controlled scrimmage before a crowd of 62,492 fans.

    When the starters opposed each other, the Packers gained merely 18 yards in 18 plays and had three first downs. The Bills' starters gained 82 yards in 18 plays and had four first downs.

    The difference became much more marked when the backups went against each other. The Packers' reserves gained 9 yards in 18 plays (two first downs) compared with 186 yards in 18 plays (11 first downs) and two touchdowns for the Bills' substitutes.


    In all, the Packers averaged 0.8 yards per play (36 plays, 27 yards) and gained five first downs, whereas the Bills averaged 7.4 yards (36 plays, 268 yards) and had 15 first downs.


    The Packers' offense looked equally overmatched Friday morning in four 2-minute drills that ended practice. With each of their four quarterbacks taking a series from about the Green Bay 40, the Packers could muster just four first downs and didn't score a point. The quarterbacks hit six of 17 passes for 75 yards.

    "We would have liked to have had better execution on both sides of the ball," coach Mike Sherman said.

    "I'm not going to say we were embarrassed," wide receiver Robert Ferguson said. "It's pre-season, man. We've got some things we've got to work on. "
    haha, i remember watching sport center and all they showed of the scrimmage was favre throwing a couple of td passes, the pack didn't even average a yard per play, and all espn did was praise the 62,000 + that showed up and favre's td passes....wow

  7. #27
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    Are you really trying to convince me that the reason the Packers got their asses handed to them in a scrimmage is because they were trying to disguise their true plans for the season? I wouldn't by that line even if you did throw in the extended warranty.

    The scrimmage is designed to give your vets a chance to practice with a bit more intensity, to see how far along your rookies are, and to get a better look at how some of the guys that are on the bubble look at a higher speed. Both teams are there just to do basic stuff. Nobody's going to game-plan for a scrimmage. Your starters were running basic plays against the Bills' starters' basic plays, and the same for the backups. From everything I've read here, your players were out performed in each part of the practice. I'm going to repeat something from the article.

    In all, the Packers averaged 0.8 yards per play (36 plays, 27 yards) and gained five first downs, whereas the Bills averaged 7.4 yards (36 plays, 268 yards) and had 15 first downs.
    The Packers ran the same number of plays, and came up 241 yards short of what the Bills managed. If I were a Packer fan (and I hope to never write that sentence again), that would concern me. We haven't made it to the first real pre-season game yet, and your players are that far behind a team that started practicing 5 days after you; a team that finished last year 1 game worse than you did; a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

    Now, you're right. Just because you looked lousey in a practice doesn't mean that you should give up on the season. However, just because it was a practice doesn't mean you don't need to worry about it. Your guys look like they have a lot of catching up to do, and not a lot of time to do it in.

  8. #28
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    "bono" wrote:
    People! People! People! Get it through your heads that this was a SCRIMMAGE!!! How many of you in here are TRUE football fans? If you are, you'll know exactly what a scrimmage is/all about. It's not a regular season game, nor is it a exhibition game. It's simply practice!!!!!!! This is the reason why even I, a sheer packer backer, didn't understand why the NFL wanted to pick the scrimmage up and broadcast it nationally.
    It was not a GAME!!!
    It just so happens that the Bills wanted to practice w/ the Packers on Packer ground. IT WASN'T A GAME!!! These guys are all practicing...working on different schemes, etc.
    A scrimmage is not a time to put your who body/life on the line (like most players would in a regular season, and sometimes even pre-season game). And the Packers, the way it appears, didn't dare try to. This is a scrimmage that was played with another team. It wasn't a game. Why let that team, the other 30 teams and the rest of the national see what you're up (your new look)/plan to execute for the season in a something that's far meaningless than an exhibition game?
    Sure, it was boring. Far more boring than in past times (maybe b/c there was another team on the field w/ them...not used to a Packer 'family fun night' scrimmage with an opposing team on the field w/ them). But, so what. That's what the NFL gets for broadcasting the game...trying to squeeze every ounce of juice they can out of the eventual retiree Brett Favre.
    Did our defense make fans of other NFC North teams laugh, in sure comfort that just maybe, the Packers won't be diddle-e-squat this coming season? I wouldn't doubt it.
    Did our offense appear to be on strike?! Uh, yeah, at times...for the most part that I saw (so boring).
    Is it just a little POSSIBLE that the Packers -although there's still work to be done (as is for all nfl teams at this point)- really aren't that loss? Is it possible that some of the reason they moved around on the field the way they did, was b/c they didn't want to let other teams/players who may have been watching, see how they plan to roll this season? Remember, it was PRACTICE (SCRIMMAGE)!!! How many open practices does most nfl teams have? Why do they, at times, have closed practices? You all are smart enough...answer this one on your own.
    Wow, a little defensive. I guess it must be true that the Packers suck. O.8 kinda reminds me of John Belushi's GPA in Animal House. LMAO, this will be a glorious year for the Packers.

  9. #29
    Space Coyote Guest

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    Let's just see how the pack does against the bolts on Thursday...not a real game, but the first quarter should be close enough...

  10. #30
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Packer Scrimmage

    I wouldn't look too much into this stuff guys. I watched some of the game and when the offensive starters were in they played ok. A lot of the bad stats came when Aaron Rodgers was in. The good thing is though, their D still sucks!! hahahaha

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Allen won't scrimmage against KC
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
  2. Scrimmage v. Chiefs
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
  3. Packers Scrimmage
    By Webby in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
  4. Tice: "No scrimmage vs. KC"
    By sureban in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 12:28 AM
  5. Scrimmage Notes
    By tlk23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 05:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •