C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Packer "fans" are tarded

"Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.
    In the 80's, the only people who wore Packer apparrel to school were the kids whose parents shopped at Goodwill.
    It wasn't until the "Magic" season that Packer fans started reappearing.
    The exceptions were the old duffers who remembered the glory days.

Also, back in "the day", you could only get whatever games were broadcast on your local affiliates.
    Now, with DirecTV, you can be a fan of any team, anywhere, and get all of their games.
    Having Favre in Green Bay has staved off some of the fan base decline that inevitably occurs due to people no longer forced to watch teams they don't really care about in order to get their football fixes.
    We saw that same effect when we had Moss.
    An iconic figure draws fans.

What happens when Favre is gone?
    Going to market the team around Aaron Rodgers?
    Riiiiight.
    Or, better yet, are you going to use AJ "Rocky Dennis" Hawk as your poster boy?

Here's my predicition, within 3 years of favre's retirment, after Green Bay is stuck in mediocrity again, your popularity index will taper off sharply, and the die-hard fans will once again be able to get truck loads of Packer apparrel at the Goodwill.

It'll be the 70's and 80's all over again...minus the captive tv market.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    HAHAHAHA, thats some funny stuff.

God I hate the packers and their fans.

They have to lie so it sounds like they have credibility.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mi317 is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.
    In the 80's, the only people who wore Packer apparrel to school were the kids whose parents shopped at Goodwill.

Also, back in "the day", you could only get whatever games were broadcast on your local affiliates.
    Now, with DirecTV, you can be a fan of any team, anywhere, and get all of their games.
    Having Favre in Green Bay has staved off some of the fan base decline that inevitably occurs due to people no longer forced to watch teams they don't really care about in order to get their football fixes.

Riiiiight.

Here's my predicition, within 3 years of favre's retirment, after Green Bay is stuck in mediocrity again, your popularity index will taper off sharply, and the die-hard fans will once again be able to get truck loads of Packer apparrel at the Goodwill.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    I suppose the 74,000 fans waiting for season tickets are going to turn them down when their turn comes up and Favre isn't playing anymore?
    You guys don't realize - it's not about Favre.
    Sure, he draws MORE fans, but most fans are getting in line to go to games because of the FRANCHISE.
    Hence the continual sellout.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"mi317" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Caine" wrote:
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.

Riiiiight.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    I suppose the 74,000 fans waiting for season tickets are going to turn them down when their turn comes up and Favre isn't playing anymore?
    Sure, he draws MORE fans, but most fans are getting in line to go to games because of the FRANCHISE.

those who are mentally deficiant enough to actually purchase said tickets will just be sorely disappointed as the packers slide into mediocrity behind the Vikings who are set to become a force to be reckoned with within a few years. the lions who can only get better than they have been, and the bears, who unfortunately look to remain good, although not as good for a few more seasons.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Well now that is what I call a waste of time.Farve is not the Packers. support your squad thats fine by me, But making crap like that song won't make you cool. he looked like he was lipsynching.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.

Riiiiight.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    Excellent post my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Caine" wrote:
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.

Riiiiight.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    Excellent post my friend.
    ;D
    way to stick it to that cheeshead caine

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"mi317" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Caine" wrote:
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.

Riiiiight.

Good luck with that.

Caine
    Nice comeback.
    :

Like we needed anymore proof that "Packer fans are tarded".

(you just solidified it genius)

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote]
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "mi317]I" wrote:

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.

Riiiiight.

Good luck with that.

Caine

Nice comeback.

:

Like we needed anymore proof that "Packer fans are tarded".

(you just solidified it genius)
    Does that mean guys go to Hooters just for the food?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

When I think of legendary franchises, I think of 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers (unfortunately), Patriots... If I remember correctly, Green Bay was a joke for many, many years. Players would refuse to go there and coaches would threaten players that they would "trade you to Green Bay" if their playing didn't improve. Hmmm.

Selective memory is a b*tch.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast