Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    mi317 is offline Training Camp

Re: Packer "fans" are tarded

"C" wrote:
    Actually mi317, I think I made some good point, you should probably read my last post (of course this involves reading and comprehension).
    Of course there are some fair weather fans.
    The Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers are always changing in the rank of "most popular team".
    Now the Colts and Pats are in the mix temporarily.

Unfortunately for you, your NUMBER of fair weather fans has threatened a blackout

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I guess I can't refute a prediction based on a "gut feeling" rather than by facts, history, or reasoning.
    All I can really say is that, like most franchises, we don't need instant gratification to sell out our tickets.
    And my "gut feeling" is that we won't in the future.

If anything, a slump is a great way to go see your team without paying insane prices for a ticket.
    And that my friend will be your first indicator that all is not well in Packer land.

Owner ship will see, at first, a slight drop off of members on the waiting list as well as a few not renewing/letting them go.

To counter this they will attempt a PR push and if necessary (and at that point it will be necessary) a decrease in ticket price.

Not a gut feeling my friend.
    Just a big picture snapshot.

;D
    I understand that has happened to YOUR team, and I feel sorry for your team for going through that (Packer fans don't want to lose the Vikings).
    But you are comparing the unfortunate fate of a less supported franchise to the fate of one of the strongest and most supported franchises in the history of the NFL.
    You can't expect anyone to take that argument seriously.
    Again with the history of a storied franchise.
    That I do not dispute my friend.
    I am just highlighting a very realistic future based on economic woes and loosing seasons to come with the added wildcard of your education level of the overall packer fanbase.

Comeon.
    What would a poor down trodden packer fan spend his money on, a ticket, or a quick ride to the country looking for dead deer on the side of the road?

;D
    Lol.
    I always know when fans on this site have lost the argument when the reasoning stops and the beastiality references come pouring out.
    I know.
    Sorry my friend.
    I am a bit bored right now.
    But you have to admit how I drew you in with a far fetched idea and had you defending it only to slap that one down on the table.

Come on, admit it.
    You didn't even see it coming when in fact it was my goal from the onset.

;D
    Uhhh ok.
    I guess you got me there.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"mi317" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I guess I can't refute a prediction based on a "gut feeling" rather than by facts, history, or reasoning.
    All I can really say is that, like most franchises, we don't need instant gratification to sell out our tickets.

If anything, a slump is a great way to go see your team without paying insane prices for a ticket.
    And that my friend will be your first indicator that all is not well in Packer land.
    Owner ship will see, at first, a slight drop off of members on the waiting list as well as a few not renewing/letting them go.

To counter this they will attempt a PR push and if necessary (and at that point it will be necessary) a decrease in ticket price.

;D
    I understand that has happened to YOUR team, and I feel sorry for your team for going through that (Packer fans don't want to lose the Vikings).
    But you are comparing the unfortunate fate of a less supported franchise to the fate of one of the strongest and most supported franchises in the history of the NFL.
    You're "Stongest Supported Franchises" comment makes me laugh. All of your "national" fan base now cheer for the Colts. LOL. Those are the definition of fair weather fans.
    But, if you want to brag about that, I understand you don't have a lot to hold onto these days, so it's OK.

Throughout the history of the NFL, who has more NFC Central/North titles?

By the way, were you sick of the Challenged Hillybilly Lovers on the Green Bay fan site? You've been on PPO for awhile now. Can't say I blame you.
    I just enjoy pointed out how ridiculous some of the thread titles are.
    Just defending my team, that's all.

PS: I wipe my butt with division titles.
    And THATS how you know when they've lost an argument.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=37491.msg631852#msg631852 date=1189101522]

;D
    I am just highlighting a very realistic future based on economic woes and loosing seasons to come with the added wildcard of your education level of the overall packer fanbase.

Comeon.
    What would a poor down trodden packer fan spend his money on, a ticket, or a quick ride to the country looking for dead deer on the side of the road?

;D
    Lol.
    I always know when fans on this site have lost the argument when the reasoning stops and the beastiality references come pouring out.
    I know.
    Sorry my friend.
    But you have to admit how I drew you in with a far fetched idea and had you defending it only to slap that one down on the table.

Come on, admit it.

;D
    Uhhh ok.
    [/quote]
    Come on my friend, just a bit of fun.
    Seriously, you were posting historical attendance stuff as well as future sales and waiting lists.
    Admit it.
    It was funny wasn't it?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_OXwmyfDN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9L9oJWxwQ
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

By the way, Farve is going to push Tarkenton out of the top 3 all time interception leaders this year.

Thanks for that. I hope he never retires
    ;D.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

this guy is a freak.
    only in wi would they allow him to play his lame song. loser.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=mi317 link=topic=37491.msg631854#msg631854 date=1189101801]

;D

Comeon.

;D
    Lol.
    I know.
    Sorry my friend.

Come on, admit it.

;D
    Uhhh ok.
    [/quote]
    Seriously, you were posting historical attendance stuff as well as future sales and waiting lists.
    Admit it.
    It was funny wasn't it?

;D
    [/quote]

I guess we both had some fun then.
    It's great to remind Vikings fans of their loyalty and put them in their place.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mi317" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=37491.msg631860#msg631860 date=1189102138]
    [quote author=mi317 link=topic=37491.msg631854#msg631854 date=1189101801]

;D

Comeon.

;D
    Lol.
    I know.
    Sorry my friend.

Come on, admit it.

;D
    Uhhh ok.
    [/quote]
    Admit it.
    It was funny wasn't it?

;D
    [/quote]

I guess we both had some fun then.
    [/quote]
    Been loyal since 61 and I hope you don't think you put me in my place.
    Seems you played right along and had no idea what the heck was going on.

By the way, I might not be that far off with my far fetched comments.
    We will see when Favreee leaves.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

[quote author=mi317]I guess we both had some fun then.
    [/quote]

Put us in our place?
    Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Wisconsin.
    In the 80's, the only people who wore Packer apparrel to school were the kids whose parents shopped at Goodwill.
    It wasn't until the "Magic" season that Packer fans started reappearing.
    The exceptions were the old duffers who remembered the glory days.

Also, back in "the day", you could only get whatever games were broadcast on your local affiliates.
    Now, with DirecTV, you can be a fan of any team, anywhere, and get all of their games.
    Having Favre in Green Bay has staved off some of the fan base decline that inevitably occurs due to people no longer forced to watch teams they don't really care about in order to get their football fixes.
    We saw that same effect when we had Moss.
    An iconic figure draws fans.

What happens when Favre is gone?
    Going to market the team around Aaron Rodgers?
    Riiiiight.
    Or, better yet, are you going to use AJ "Rocky Dennis" Hawk as your poster boy?

Here's my predicition, within 3 years of favre's retirment, after Green Bay is stuck in mediocrity again, your popularity index will taper off sharply, and the die-hard fans will once again be able to get truck loads of Packer apparrel at the Goodwill.

It'll be the 70's and 80's all over again...minus the captive tv market.

Good luck with that.

Caine

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast