Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packer Fans Still Riled Up Over Farve Throw

"TimmyT" wrote:
    I'm very suprised Packer fans are still upset with Favre over that interception.
    I'm not.
    Aren't you still pissed at any number of Denny Green fuck-ups from the '98 championship game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

He DID have pressure... look right up the gut, a Giant is coming in (likely being held)... he did have to throw that ball away.

Yes Jennings is more open, but he's not in Favre's line of sight.... blind side, definitely not his 1st read.
    Granted he may have stared down his receiver there... can't tell from a snapshot.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    I'm very suprised Packer fans are still upset with Favre over that interception.
    I'm not.
    Aren't you still pissed at any number of Denny Green fuck-ups from the '98 championship game?

=Z=
    Kneeling down with 30 seconds in regulation is fun
    :-

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    LOL.. it took a week and many pages, but on the Packer board the thread was finally locked.. earlier in the week I would say it was the talk of Wisconsin, but it has quieted now.

Interesting how fans turn on one flick of the ball even though we went 14-4... bitter fans.
    Fans are crazy.
    A still shot looked at from the comfort of my lazy boy looks different than a game-time play in an OT game in the playoffs.

p.s. screw Favre.
    Prophet - that last line may get you invited to the Favre-firsters fan club.
    ;D

There are a couple of other pics ahead of that one, and it is funny how all the fans are screaming bloody murder.. I have watched the play a couple of times, and it was a collective effort. Point is.. if Driver makes a clean cut on the route, the CB doesn't get a jump and the play is either caught or incomplete, so part falls on Driver and a lazy route. Then the pressure and late break by Grant, for all the good things Grant has done this year, timing in the passing game needs work. He either jumps out early and tips the play off or late.

The crosser was covered but Jennings Wiggle with a fade was going to be open, but pressure from the Backer made it less inviting with trying to pass over the defense.. Favre would have had to step up. One thing Favre doesn't want to do often is step into pressure and delivery the ball, probably a reason that he has "the streak".

Hindsight would have been to wait for Grant to release and lay it out in the flat, but Favre had is mind made up early that he was going that way.. the blitz from the opposite side sold the notion.

These aren't as clean as the first.. but the second picture you can see the rounded off route on Drivers part and the pressure that Favre percieved comming from the left.. he was going right on that play no matter what, IMO. It was a bad call, bad read by Favre and overall poor execution on the play by a couple of different players.. and a really poorly positioned throw.

[img width=450 height=337]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3765/109copytj5.png[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/245/99985035cn0.png[/img]

There now I sound like all the other Lazy-boy coaches.. "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."1

1) Quote from the movie Tombstone, copyrighted 1993 [size=6pt](there I can claim I didn't outright steal it.)[/size]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    LOL.. it took a week and many pages, but on the Packer board the thread was finally locked.. earlier in the week I would say it was the talk of Wisconsin, but it has quieted now.

Interesting how fans turn on one flick of the ball even though we went 14-4... bitter fans.
    That is fun to see the play broken down like that.

Fans are crazy.
    A still shot looked at from the comfort of my lazy boy looks different than a game-time play in an OT game in the playoffs.

p.s. screw Favre.
    Prophet - that last line may get you invited to the Favre-firsters fan club.
    ;D

There are a couple of other pics ahead of that one, and it is funny how all the fans are screaming bloody murder.. I have watched the play a couple of times, and it was a collective effort. Point is.. if Driver makes a clean cut on the route, the CB doesn't get a jump and the play is either caught or incomplete, so part falls on Driver and a lazy route. Then the pressure and late break by Grant, for all the good things Grant has done this year, timing in the passing game needs work. He either jumps out early and tips the play off or late.

The crosser was covered but Jennings Wiggle with a fade was going to be open, but pressure from the Backer made it less inviting with trying to pass over the defense.. Favre would have had to step up. One thing Favre doesn't want to do often is step into pressure and delivery the ball, probably a reason that he has "the streak".

Hindsight would have been to wait for Grant to release and lay it out in the flat, but Favre had is mind made up early that he was going that way.. the blitz from the opposite side sold the notion.

These aren't as clean as the first.. but the second picture you can see the rounded off route on Drivers part and the pressure that Favre percieved comming from the left.. he was going right on that play no matter what, IMO. It was a bad call, bad read by Favre and overall poor execution on the play by a couple of different players.. and a really poorly positioned throw.

[img width=450 height=337]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3765/109copytj5.png[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/245/99985035cn0.png[/img]

There now I sound like all the other Lazy-boy coaches.. "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."1

1) Quote from the movie Tombstone, copyrighted 1993 [size=6pt](there I can claim I didn't outright steal it.)[/size]
    I'm always surprised, because I'm an idiot, about how myopic many fans are.
    Basing the season or the career of a player off of a single play or even a single game or even a single season is like tattooing 'I am a retard' on your forehead.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm always surprised, because I'm an idiot, about how myopic many fans are.
    Basing the season or the career of a player off of a single play or even a single game or even a single season is like tattooing 'I am a retard' on your forehead.
    Want a fun read... to see such myopia at work... try reading some of the Packer forums these days.. ranging from Favre sucks, to Harris sucks, to McCarthy sucks to its Ted Thompson's fault we didn't have better lineman that could run block. Mind you these are the same lineman that were being praised the week before. We got outplayed, outcoached and lost, plain and simple.

There is an article in the insiders on the Jsonline, claiming that the Packers need to major changes for next year.. from firing the defensive coaches, scrapping a running game that produced a back averaging about 100 yards a game over the last 12 outings, and we need Favre to retire. Same reporter was licking Favre's boots at the end of the regular season, it is insane after one OT playoff loss.

I enjoyed the season and had fun with the success, losing a game to end the season didn't take one single thing away from it.

KevinK is offline Starter

Wish we had 14-4 season and lost
    in the championship game! The fact is Favre is a pro bowl starter and had a top 5 qb season numbers wise.
    I honestly believe if we had Favre we would have made the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl.
    But the Packers will be probably be even better next year which is why the Vikings NEED help in free agency.
    Id like to see a key defensive and offensive free agent come in to stay atleast close to competitive with the Pack.
    They just kicked our butts BAD last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"KevinK" wrote:
    Wish we had 14-4 season and lost
    in the championship game! The fact is Favre is a pro bowl starter and had a top 5 qb season numbers wise.
    I honestly believe if we had Favre we would have made the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl.
    But the Packers will be probably be even better next year which is why the Vikings NEED help in free agency.
    Id like to see a key defensive and offensive free agent come in to stay atleast close to competitive with the Pack.
    They just kicked our butts BAD last year.
    I hate it when Packer threads stay on track.
    Especially with some snobby ole packer fan actually giving credible play break downs.

With that said, who.......

(Key note:
    That was a good post Pack93z.
    Quite showing off.
    )
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Packer Fans Still Riled Up Over Farve Throw
    Makes my day!
    8)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Packer Fans Still Riled Up Over Farve Throw
    Makes mu day!
    8)