Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GBFan is offline Starter

Re: Packer Fans - quit whining about injuries!

dude, how long have you been watching the Pack? If you have been watching them for years you'd know ALL about what Sherman does. Sherman has no balls, I knew he wouldn't go for it on 4th and 2, because he always goes conservative, always chickens out. Playing not to lose=lose

always happens. Furthermore, you say we are stuck with crap for talent.......that's all on Sherman to. Remember, he WAS the GM the last few years. He BUILT this team, and gave ridiculous amounts of money to scrubs like Hunt. Gave Ferguson a contract extension and threw playmaker money at KGB, who hasn't been a playmaker

his draft picks have all been awful. I will give him credit for Walker and Barnett, but the rest of his guys haven't panned out. the FA's he signs suck and are a waste of money. Remember Joe Johnson?

he's not a good coach.....and he's an even worse GM. He's a decent coach on his best days. Please dude

sorry dont wanna sound like a pessimistic fan, but there comes a point when you have to stop blaming things on the coach...problems with the vikings like the boat scandal , are definatly legit coach bashing times because he was not leading the team where it needed to go...but on the field the players are playing, not the coach. he may make some conservative calls, but its not neccesarily the call that loses the game, its what the team didnt do ON THE FIELD that counts. as in play well.
    i understand your mad as am i about being 1-5, but changing the coach wont fix anything. nor will it next year. until we have players who are higher than college level talent wise, we arent going anywhere...

GBFan is offline Starter

I'm not blaming the coach for the poor season, he's just part of it. The talent on the team isn't that great, our NEW GM is trying to avoid cap hell, which is something Sherman got us in while he was the GM

since the team is in "rebuilding" mode they need to turn the page completely. Sherman should not be coming back next year

he's a decent coach. Packers don't need a decent coach, they need a good coach

I would like to see Jim Bates be made the HC, but I think he's too old to take on that responsibility......although the Skins do have Joe Gibbs who is pretty old

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"GBFan" wrote:
    ....our NEW GM is trying to avoid cap hell, which is something Sherman got us in while he was the GM.
    I think that all the money they threw at Brett Favre & Reggie White, God rest his soul, is what got you into salary cap hell. To much of it was back loaded into the contracts.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

good point singersp, but i hate to see how we would have been without them.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    good point singersp, but i hate to see how we would have been without them.
    I'm sure as hell glad there's a cap though. It keeps rich teams from trying to buy the Superbowl, like the Yankees in baseball! That's the only reason I hate that team.

Love it when they get beat.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

injuries make teams lose. its that simple
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123