Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packer Fan Site Mock Draft - Nice pick, Dumb comment

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    What is with the confidence in Aaron Rodgers by so many..? Nothing against optimism or anything, but has he really shown that he can be a reliable starter yet? because he did good in preseason? (against backup defenders i might add) because he looked OK against Dallas? I don't get it...

If im wrong, someone please correct me, but it seems like a lot of people (not everyone) are already calling him a good quarterback and he hasn't even had much play time against starters yet...im not saying he doesn't have the potential, but it seems a bit early to be calling him a good QB to me, at the moment their QB situation does not seem much more clear than ours...
    If we can have faith in TJ, They can have faith in Rodgers I believe.
    Nowhere in there did I say that they couldn't have faith in him, all i said is that there are a lot of Packer fans who already call him a good QB and a solid starter without seeing him playing except in Dallas and preseason, no problem with having faith, but there are a lot ofPacker fans out there calling him a good, solid QB, and it this point it is just rediculous, he has potential, and they can have faith, but
    don't crown him a good QB without seeing him play...
    You were saying that you couldn't believe the CONFIDENCE they have in Rogers, Faith is a different word but the same meaning in this case.
    If we had a first round QB who was supposed to be a top 10 pick who has learned under Favre this long we'd have huge expectations as well.
    Rogers has had the time to learn and been under Favre's wing this whole time, so he has had one of the best transitions into the NFL I've ever seen, so I can understand why the Pack has such confidence.

Maybe he'll flop, but until he comes out and does horrible I am more inclined to believe he'll succeed than flop.
    So yes, I think the Green Bay fans have every right to be confident in the well prepared Aaron Rogers.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Schutz" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    What is with the confidence in Aaron Rodgers by so many..? Nothing against optimism or anything, but has he really shown that he can be a reliable starter yet? because he did good in preseason? (against backup defenders i might add) because he looked OK against Dallas? I don't get it...

If im wrong, someone please correct me, but it seems like a lot of people (not everyone) are already calling him a good quarterback and he hasn't even had much play time against starters yet...im not saying he doesn't have the potential, but it seems a bit early to be calling him a good QB to me, at the moment their QB situation does not seem much more clear than ours...
    Nowhere in there did I say that they couldn't have faith in him, all i said is that there are a lot of Packer fans who already call him a good QB and a solid starter without seeing him playing except in Dallas and preseason, no problem with having faith, but there are a lot ofPacker fans out there calling him a good, solid QB, and it this point it is just rediculous, he has potential, and they can have faith, but
    You were saying that you couldn't believe the CONFIDENCE they have in Rogers, Faith is a different word but the same meaning in this case.
    If we had a first round QB who was supposed to be a top 10 pick who has learned under Favre this long we'd have huge expectations as well.
    Rogers has had the time to learn and been under Favre's wing this whole time, so he has had one of the best transitions into the NFL I've ever seen, so I can understand why the Pack has such confidence.

Maybe he'll flop, but until he comes out and does horrible I am more inclined to believe he'll succeed than flop.
    So yes, I think the Green Bay fans have every right to be confident in the well prepared Aaron Rogers.
    [s]No i didn't[/s], nothing wrong with confidence, faith, etc...all im saying is that its too early to call him a good QB, and i know a lot of Packer fans that already say he is one, I've heard others say it, and I've read a lot of Packer fans say he's a good QB, again nothing wrong with confidence or faith, nowhere in my post did i say there was a problem with that, i said its too early to
    call him good...

EDIT: you're correct, i did say confidence...and that is not the point i tried to get out, i should've proofread, thanks for pointing that out, nothing wrong with confidence or faith.

sufuvike93 is offline Rookie

He may have learned behind Brett, but until he actually goes out and proves what he can do on the field against NFL starters, he is an unproved QB and nothing more.
    For God so loved the Vikings he gave us PURPLE JESUS

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Seems a bit like they're not exactly up on the shake-ups on what is the boring,long,drawn out off-season. Maybe they were huffing paint thinner???
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

trippster is offline Training Camp

"Schutz" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:

Nice post. We were skeptical when Rodger first got here during his first and second seasons. He didn't show a lot of poise but his throws have always been accurate which is one of his strong points. I have read that his accuracy has been capared favorbly to Aikman's.

this past pre-season Rodgers looked like he got comfortable with the NFL. Yes, it was against mainly back ups but he did see quite a bit of time in the preseason against our opponents starters and he did well. So we felt better. But when he came in against the Cowboys, on a national stage in a huge game (both teams 10-1) he did exceptionally well. I personally thought we were going to get trounced as we were 14 or 17 points behind at that point. But he showed tremendous poise in reading, reacting, evading, and eventually completing passes including two touchdowns (his first as a NFL QB). We lost the game but he made quite a few successful audibles at the line and never did I see panic.

Of course you never know in the media, but I have source within the organization that says the players (most importantly) are VERY confident in Rodgers. They see him every day in practice. And in practice he regularly goes up against our starting DB's.

For most knowledgable Packer fans, we have a quiet confidence. He has a real strong team around him and they all have another season under their belts. Remember too, we
    were THE youngest team in the NFL last year. his supporting crew will help him be that much better.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:

Nice post. We were skeptical when Rodger first got here during his first and second seasons. He didn't show a lot of poise but his throws have always been accurate which is one of his strong points. I have read that his accuracy has been capared favorbly to Aikman's.

this past pre-season Rodgers looked like he got comfortable with the NFL. Yes, it was against mainly back ups but he did see quite a bit of time in the preseason against our opponents starters and he did well. So we felt better. But when he came in against the Cowboys, on a national stage in a huge game (both teams 10-1) he did exceptionally well. I personally thought we were going to get trounced as we were 14 or 17 points behind at that point. But he showed tremendous poise in reading, reacting, evading, and eventually completing passes including two touchdowns (his first as a NFL QB). We lost the game but he made quite a few successful audibles at the line and never did I see panic.

Of course you never know in the media, but I have source within the organization that says the players (most importantly) are VERY confident in Rodgers. They see him every day in practice. And in practice he regularly goes up against our starting DB's.

For most knowledgable Packer fans, we have a quiet confidence. He has a real strong team around him and they all have another season under their belts. Remember too, we
    were THE youngest team in the NFL last year. his supporting crew will help him be that much better.
    As do we so why do most Packer fans rip on TJ. At least he has played almost a full year. Hell we almost made the playoffs last year and it was basically his rookie year.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    As do we so why do most Packer fans rip on TJ. At least he has played almost a full year. Hell we almost made the playoffs last year and it was basically his rookie year.
    For the same reason you purple folks picked at Favre's INT record.. because he suits up for the other team. If asked seriously, I would beat the knowledgeable Packer fans see a decent QB comming into his own in TJ. But he hasn't put the numbers yet and they really don't care to look any further than that.. so you get the armchair answer of TJ is a "joke" or something to that nature.

I know when I pick on TJ.. it is in fun, nothing more than that; which is the case will 99% of the TJ comments that I have seen. It is early in his career yet, he isn't a Grossman that is for sure.
    ;D

Ihatevikings is offline Training Camp

"KrackerJack" wrote:

You hit the nail right on the head there..........Im a packer fan and I also thin a-rod can be a good qb.......but you have to wait and see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12