pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Pack rated #1 .. Per ColdHardFootballFacts.com

Hmmm this should provide a sounding board for some "Jealous" purple fans to rant...
    ;D

Enjoy.. Just another silly subjective ranking.. but hey it favors the Pack so it must be gospel like in nature.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=763742

[quote]The Green Bay Packers are the best franchise over the history of the National Football League.

Says who?

Says the tough guys at ColdHardFootballFacts.com, that’s who.

Many stories at Cold, Hard are full of statistics and numbers crunching, but not so much for this one, in which all 32 NFL teams are ranked from first to last in terms of their whole history.

“There’s no truly empirical answer,” the Web site’s writers admit, referring to the way they arrived at the ranking.

“We tackled the challenge of ranking the franchises from the point of view of the fans, using our Misery-to-Joy Theory of Fan Relativity,” they write. “Essentially, we measured the amount of misery a franchise has forced upon its fans against the amount of celebratory games, moments and titles a franchise has (given) its fans.”[/quote]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Pack rated #1 .. Per ColdHardFootballFacts.com

That's like saying the Cleveland Indians are MLB's best franchise.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

I love the rip on ESPN.. absolute money..

“We could have put a ‘controversial’ team in the No. 1 spot just to get a rise out of people and stir up a hornet’s nest of head-scratching hype,” they said. “But then we’d be no better than the hairy-palmed hacks at ESPN and would not be doing a service to you, our readers. The truth is that only one team belongs at the top.”

The original story link..

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2260_A_CHFF_epic%3A_all-time_franchise_rankings.html

Vikings #15

Vikings overview:
    The Vikings have consistently been one of the best, most competitive and most talent-laden teams in the NFL, as evidenced by their .549 all-time franchise record (sixth best among the 32 NFL teams).

But they’ve never quite made the big time, either, as evidenced by their zero championships, four Super Bowl losses, and four other losses in NFC championship games.

And then the Vikings gave up their greatest ally, the brutal Minnesota winters, and it’s been all downhill since there: zero Super Bowl appearances and three NFC title-game losses since moving into the Metrodome back in 1982.

All of which makes the Vikings one of the most infuriating teams to have followed. They’ve given their fans more to cheer about than most other teams – at least in the regular season, yet they’re the only team in our Top 18 that can't boast a single championship. But they earn a spot in the top half of our rankings because they’ve fielded so many great teams.

Now if they had only beat the Chiefs that day …

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Um... one quick note. The Steelers (the only other team I might hate more than the Packers) have 5 championships. Green Bay has 3 (two of which were in the 60's). I think that's a little (just a tad) better of a franchise overall.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

“The greatest attribute of the Packers . . . is that they’re the last vestige of the small-town Midwestern roots of pro football,” they said.
    Gotta give you PUKER fans props sometimes.
    You guys did hang in there pretty tough during the lean years.

in which all 32 NFL teams are ranked from first to last in terms of their whole history.
    Me thinks that the Vikes fans will get a bit of a historical upgrade over the next 5 years or so.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Packers #1?! Please. I did need a laugh though.