Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Pack chokes on MNF! Moves to 0-4

"Caine" wrote:
    I'll tell you what, there is no bigger Packer-hater than me (And I dare you to say otherwise), but I saw something in that game that I'm desperately waiting to see in the Viking games.

HEART.

They were down, beaten, crushed, battered...but never once did they roll over and die. Had it been US playing them, can anyone here say with conviction that we would've held on to win? Could we have come back?

I was thrilled with the Packer loss...seeing them at 0-4 is a thing of beauty....

...but I have to respect what they did out there tonight. They played a FANTASTIC 2nd half of football. They "left it all on the field". They played - again - with HEART.

I sincerely hope our guys watched that game. I hope the light goes on for each and every one of them. If you want to be a champion, THAT is the type of effort it takes.

Caine

They came back in the 4th quarter because Carolina went to a prevent defense, and they played an ultra conservative offense that allowed the Packers to get back in it!

I will never understand that philosophy! Why change what is working for you, and play not to lose! I would rather play to win, and if it cost me a game then so be it! I think you send a bad message to your team when you play not to lose!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hooversham is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:

They came back in the 4th quarter because Carolina went to a prevent defense, and they played an ultra conservative offense that allowed the Packers to get back in it!

I will never understand that philosophy! Why change what is working for you, and play not to lose! I would rather play to win, and if it cost me a game then so be it! I think you send a bad message to your team when you play not to lose!
    This is exactly what people should realize about how WE played this week. We played a piss poor 3 tight end, conservative offense (even though we lit up the Saints by going vertical last week and even though the Atlanta corners were banged up), and we played a prevent style defense all flippin' day.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Del Rio Guest

You gotta give the players something to play for. It would be good if the coaches even said look, we are going balls out. We may lose but at least you will let them know you were here and make them think twice about catching that pass.

Perfect example is the way the 49ers corner played Owens. Owens had some yards, but he knew that guys name by the end of the game. So did the world.

Play hard, play aggressive, leave it all on the field.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Totally agree with you both and Tice and the coaches have to decided it the want to win or play not to lose, if you do the later you will lose at least 50% of the time. Play to win and leave out on the field and if you win great if you don't you have done your best!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I'm not too excited....think about it, what's better

VIKINGS- 3-1
    Packers 2-2

OR

VIKINGS 1-3
    Packers 0-4

Yeah, we can get into the playoffs still, but winning a game in the postseason is looking kinda grimm.....
    Sean Saunders

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

All I care about is that the Packers lost! I don't care how well they really did play, and whether or not they have more heart, they still lost and in my book that's all that matters!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Del Rio Guest

It's kind of sad to see the division the way it is, I mean it doesn't even feel right making fun of the pack right now............................................... .........who the hell am I kidding I had a vikegasm when I saw they lost.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

*insert joke about humping sheep, and sucking goat nads here*

:grin: :grin: :grin: :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's kind of sad to see the division the way it is, I mean it doesn't even feel right making fun of the pack right now............................................... .........who the hell am I kidding I had a vikegasm when I saw they lost.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

*insert joke about humping sheep, and sucking goat nads here*

:grin: :grin: :grin: :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    :laughing3:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    Yeah, we can get into the playoffs still, but winning a game in the postseason is looking kinda grimm.....
    Watch the NFL come up with some sort of North Rule after this season like:

Any team that doesn't have a 7-9 record or better that wins a division will forfiet there place in the playoffs and add one more wiild card team to the mix in their place. If and only if there is another team with a better record than the division winner with a record of 7-9.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123