Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Pack chokes on MNF! Moves to 0-4

I'll tell you what, there is no bigger Packer-hater than me (And I dare you to say otherwise), but I saw something in that game that I'm desperately waiting to see in the Viking games.

HEART.

They were down, beaten, crushed, battered...but never once did they roll over and die. Had it been US playing them, can anyone here say with conviction that we would've held on to win? Could we have come back?

I was thrilled with the Packer loss...seeing them at 0-4 is a thing of beauty....

...but I have to respect what they did out there tonight. They played a FANTASTIC 2nd half of football. They "left it all on the field". They played - again - with HEART.

I sincerely hope our guys watched that game. I hope the light goes on for each and every one of them. If you want to be a champion, THAT is the type of effort it takes.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Caine" wrote:
    I'll tell you what, there is no bigger Packer-hater than me (And I dare you to say otherwise)
    Otherwise. :wink:

(only maybe, just a little bit since you live in the land of filth and inbreds)

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Pack 0-4 - best news this week so far.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    I'll tell you what, there is no bigger Packer-hater than me (And I dare you to say otherwise), but I saw something in that game that I'm desperately waiting to see in the Viking games.

HEART.

They were down, beaten, crushed, battered...but never once did they roll over and die. Had it been US playing them, can anyone here say with conviction that we would've held on to win? Could we have come back?

I was thrilled with the Packer loss...seeing them at 0-4 is a thing of beauty....

...but I have to respect what they did out there tonight. They played a FANTASTIC 2nd half of football. They "left it all on the field". They played - again - with HEART.

I sincerely hope our guys watched that game. I hope the light goes on for each and every one of them. If you want to be a champion, THAT is the type of effort it takes.

Caine
    i was thinking the same thing during the 2nd half. i figured them for dead the entire game except for the 4th quarter. what really drove me nuts was watching Favre, who i don't care how many times he's ripped my heart out and stepped on. he is a tremendous leader and it showed yesterday, HE basically brought the team back

Thanks Josdin

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

the packers loss last night is the reason i woke up with a smile this morning. the packers did show a lot of heart last night, but in all honesty, did they really deserve to win the game? they had a lot of bonehead plays last night and a few good ones. either way you cut it though, they did play with a lot of heart, and favre is one hell of a leader. he's the player i love to hate. the have lost their last 3 games from 1-3 points each game, they're not meant to be in the playoffs this year. while favre played like he was young last night, i think that he'll be so fed up with his teams performance this season, he'll hang it up. heart or not, the packers still suck a$$. has anyone heard and update on murphy?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8924355
    that's only thing i could find white boy. the summary to the condition is this "....The Packers said Murphy was alert and awake in the locker room with movement in his limbs, but was complaining of numbness and tingling. He was transported to Carolina's Medical Center for further evaluation and Packers coach Mike Sherman said he would spend at least one night there"

Thanks Josdin

Prophet Guest

I wish our team had the attitude of Favre. Don't think for a minute that he doesn't know that the Packers suck this year, but what does he do? He comes out fighting and almost came back from a major deficit in spite of losing Ahman and all the critics railing on the team and playing on the road. That's the attitude the Vikings need.

Hooversham is offline Starter

Say all you want about the Pack being 0-4, but they most certainly didn't "choke" last night. That talentless team actually competed until the final seconds of the game. That Carolina Defense is a heck of a lot better than ours, and they were able to score on it quite easily there at the end.

What pisses me off even more about that game is that comparatively, that Pack team has MUCH less talent than this Vikings squad. But the difference is in leadership, coaching and (GASP!!!) heart, of which this Vikings team has none.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This eases the pain of our loss a little bit. The packers scared me for a bit. They made a good comeback at the end there. Our team needs to have fire in their eyes for our upcoming game. Get the pumped.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Ya know, I know of a team that went 0-4 last year and came back to win their division, led by a quarterback on the wrong side of 35.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    What team and QB are you talking about? If you are talking about how the packers started out 1-4 led by Favre then you are off. Remember the packers beat the panthers in the first week last year on Monday night and then proceeded to lose their next 4 games.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast