DT 61 A.Lindsay
    G 73 M.O'Dwyer
    DT 78 Q.Newhouse
    WR/KR 86 T.Murphy
    TE 87 D.Martin
    TE 88 B.Franks
    DT 97 C.Hunt
    DT/DE 99 C.Williams

Looks to me like it was only TWO defensive starters not playing (Diggs and Hunt)...unless you're counting the guys that you'll likely pick up from other teams roster cuts as your "missing starters"...

"GBFan" wrote:
    Vikes D sure didn't look so "improved" against the Chargers. Brees basically had his way with your defense and their RB.......forgot his name, had like 24 yards on 3 carries
    Brees played a whole series....wow. And sure, he looked good in the ONE series he played in. Who's to say he could've kept it up? Philip Rivers didn't exactly step in and tear it up, did he?

All told, it wasn't the strongest showing by our team, but a damn site better than ANOTHER whipping in preseason.

"GBFan" wrote:
    what does it mean? Nothing, it's preseason. Give me a break.
    Sure, OFFICIALLY it doesn't mean anything, but on the whole it means that the talent pool that you have to draw from as people get tired/injured is VERY shallow. And, as such, is likely indicative of the Packers season.

Caine

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: packers must be ready for season to end...

Stay in denial all you want...the regular season is comming soon enough.

Caine

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

My goodness, GB is in midseason form. I saw those picks of Favre's, he is looking good. Green is also in midseason form, except then, he usually only fumbles when it really matters.
    Plenty of time to get into playoff shape soon for them though (four int. not only 2). The ducks are flying, and the ball dribbled, this season, right from the get-go.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Pack being Punked by New England

Favre will throw at least 8 picks in the 2 Vikings game. Sharper will take one of them to the house!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIKINGS
    NFC NORTH CHAMPS 2005

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"GBFan" wrote:
    it sure does! It's gonna be hard to sleep at night knowing the Pack lost a preseason game. I think this puts the Pack officially out of the "preseason Super bowl"
    That is the last time Super Bowl is uttered by a Green Bay fan. What will your excuses be when the regular season rolls around? Will you cry like Favretard when he flies home after a crushing defeat from the Dome?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

douginc is offline Starter

No one can honestly say preseason doesn't mean ****. On NFL Total Access they showed the statistics of losing record pre-season teams and winning record pre-season teams over the past years. The higher the number of pre-season game wins, the higher the winning percentage in the regular season. All the players said it, pre-season is a descent gauge for the start of the season. They even talked about how winning is contagious, if they start off the pre-season winning, they want to keep rolling and vice versa.

I think it might be to the point where we Vikings fans don't see the Packers as a serious threat, kind of like a little brother playing us at basketball. So we might as well be kind to them, a little encouraging even, because we know deep down that if push comes to shove, they'd be sprawling on the ground in deep hurting. So, let me be the first to say, GOOD LUCK PACKERS!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"GBFan" wrote:
    it sure does! It's gonna be hard to sleep at night knowing the Pack lost a preseason game. I think this puts the Pack officially out of the "preseason Super bowl"
    As much as you may not see it parts of the preseason do count. For instance when the starters are in. That gives you a sense of what your starters will do against another 1st team offense/defense. i believe that Favre threw his 2 INT's when the STARTERS were in considering that favre is a starter. This is why the vikings fans think that it is a taste of what is yet to come. The final score doesn't really matter because the preseason is there to see how your team performs against teams that are equivilant to them. For example the 2nd team will most likely be playing against the other 2nd team.

And just in case you are wondering statsitics show that teams that perform well in the preseason usually perform well in the regular season. Almost every Super Bowl champion team from the last 10 years has had a winning record in the preseason. It may just be coincidence but hey you never know.

GBFan is offline Starter

I don't know what Packer fans you guys talk to, but most of the ones I talk to, including myself, aren't thumping our chests declaring the Pack to be Super Bowl contenders. It's quite obvious they aren't. Yes, Favre did have 2 picks that game, but Favre always has a bad game like that. No big deal, especially since the game didn't mean anything. McNabb threw 3 picks in the Super Bowl last year against the Pats D. Also, I think I recall the Pats going 1-3 last year in the preseason. We all know what they did in the regular season

I've never really cared about the preseason. Don't care about the record or the scores of the game. I just watch to see some of the rookies and the new FA's play. And I hope for no injuries. That's it, really

GBFan is offline Starter

"Caine" wrote:
    "GBFan" wrote:
    also, Pack still were missing half of their defensive starters
    Packers NOT playing:

QB 16 C.Nall
    S 29 T.Franz
    RB 34 D.Johnese
    TE 47 S.Fleming
    FB 48 V.Leach
    TE 49 T.Humphrey
    LB 52 K.Campbell
    LB 59 N.Diggs
    T/G 61 J.Hayes
    DT 61 A.Lindsay
    G 73 M.O'Dwyer
    DT 78 Q.Newhouse
    WR/KR 86 T.Murphy
    TE 87 D.Martin
    TE 88 B.Franks
    DT 97 C.Hunt
    DT/DE 99 C.Williams

Looks to me like it was only TWO defensive starters not playing (Diggs and Hunt)...unless you're counting the guys that you'll likely pick up from other teams roster cuts as your "missing starters"...

DT/DE 99 C. Williams.....I believe he'll be a starter this year. Also, I'm pretty sure Grady Jackson didn't play that game either. Game wasn't on TV so maybe I could be wrong. Last I heard was that he was still on the PUP(Physically unable to perform) list

"GBFan" wrote:
    Vikes D sure didn't look so "improved" against the Chargers. Brees basically had his way with your defense and their RB.......forgot his name, had like 24 yards on 3 carries
    "Caine" wrote:
    Brees played a whole series....wow. And sure, he looked good in the ONE series he played in. Who's to say he could've kept it up? Philip Rivers didn't exactly step in and tear it up, did he?
    Rivers is their backup. Come on now. Their first team offense scored at ease and then that was it. Who cares though. Everyone knows that in the preseason all of the teams play with vanilla defenses.

"GBFan" wrote:
    what does it mean? Nothing, it's preseason. Give me a break.
    "Caine" wrote:
    Sure, OFFICIALLY it doesn't mean anything, but on the whole it means that the talent pool that you have to draw from as people get tired/injured is VERY shallow. And, as such, is likely indicative of the Packers season.

Caine

to each his own, I guess.

GBFan is offline Starter

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    Favre will throw at least 8 picks in the 2 Vikings game. Sharper will take one of them to the house!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIKINGS
    NFC NORTH CHAMPS 2005

dude, Sharper couldn't catch a cold

and he can't tackle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast