Thread: Our bye week

vikesfan is offline Starter

Our bye week

When the schedule first came out, I was mad that we had our bye week so early. However, there are two huge positives to it now, and I think it's at the perfect time:

1.) Obviously, our injuries. We have tons of them right now, and the majority of them are key players and will be able to have an extra week of rest, as opposed to missing another game. Players like Sharper, Udeze, Johnstone, M. Williams, E.J. Henderson ... should be 100% after the bye. And Burleson and B. Williams will be much closer.

2.) We always play well (as most teams do) following a bye week. We come out of it this year traveling to Chicago to play the Bears, a game that we always seem to lose. We will not lose that game this year, mostly because we have two weeks to rest, prepare, and be very hungry for a win. I think that adds another victory to our record that may have not been if we played them any other week (as least that's been the case in years past).

The only negative with a bye week right next week is that it's going to be a VERY long two weeks for us fans, if the Vikes drop the game this Sunday and have to head into the bye week at 1-3.

Rookie444 is offline Starter

Re: Our bye week

I believe this bye week is "almost" perfectly placed into the season for us. with all the new personnel we have on our defense, they still have some kinks to work out (as far as "meshing" or reading each other); a little extra practive never hurt anyone. atl is going to be one of the hardest games of our season so in that aspect, its good to play them and after we beat them, we can reflect on what we did right/wrong against one of the stronger teams in the nfl. also, like previously said, injuries are hurting us. i dont know if b williams will be in this weekend or not, but as far as sharper, henderson, johnstone, and give smoot some more time to recover from his previous injury in training camp can only help our defense tremendously. only thing i see bad about this bye week coming up is tryin to figure out what im gonna do on that sunday...

Are you kidding? It will be even LONGER if they WIN...especially if they win BIG! It would be like.....foreplay interruptus!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

Rookie444 is offline Starter

there are pros and cons to every situation. for us with our 1-2 record, admit it theres a lot that we need to work on...consistency. but yea, WHEN we win, it will be a long couple weeks for the fans.