Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The Official Brett Favre Appreciaton Thread

Rockmolder wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Brett Favre is 2 TD passes away from tying Joe Montana for the most in playoff history.
    That sure is quite an accomplishment. Anyone who even gets close to "Post Season Monster" Montana's numbers has done something special.
    I forgot to add he is 8 completions away from breaking the NFL record for most completions in the playoffs and 228 yards away from being the all time passing leader in the playoffs.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks to Brett Favre (and the rest of the team, ofcourse) for an awesome season.

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

marstc09 wrote:
    Brett Favre is 2 TD passes away from tying Joe Montana for the most in playoff history.
    he is now 1 TD pass shy of tying Joe Montana

but don't fret! He is #1 in postseason history with 20 INT's and #1 in postseason history with most 2 INT games with 9

Congrats Brent!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

and Aaron Rodgers remains tied with all the other nobodies who have never won a playoff game. Congrats.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I still appreciate him. Thanks for the magical journey. Please come back for another.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Go back and watch him over the course of the season, his audibles, the subtle movements with his eyes that buy that fraction of a second against the defenders, the lame pump fakes that buy the fraction of a second needed to complete a pass, the hard counts, the countless intangible things like leadership that he brings to the team, the fact that he is as immobile as they come at his age and he still tears apart defenses. It is a thing of beauty to see on a weekly basis.

I can further appreciate why so many Packer fans hated to see him go. He has lived and died by what can be interpreted as boneheaded plays his whole career. He is a first ballot HOFer and multiple league MVP winner. It was fun to see a legitimate legend of the game play for this team. If you cannot see that then the blinders are on....plus, I bought my first every QB jersey because I know whenever I go to Wisconsin it will be like twisting the knife into their hearts, that alone is worth it.

I sure hope the Vikings can get a long-term solution at QB. It is a futile effort, even with a top caliber team, to have a hack leading the offense. The qualities that a good leader brings to the table cannot be measured in statistics. I've heard so many quotes from this year's Vikings squad related to how incredible it was to have him as their leader that I can do nothing but give him kudos for this year. He was a warrior in the Saints game and even Saints fans came up to me after the game and said, "damn, that old man is one tough sum bitch". It is obvious that he is not a pussy and loves the game and plays with heart. If other players played with that kind of heart this game would be much better than it already is.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

poisoning16 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

but don't fret! He is #1 in postseason history with 20 INT's and #1 in postseason history with most 2 INT games with 9

Congrats Brent!
    He also is #1 with the most completions and #1 with the most passing yards in the post season.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    poisoning16 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Congrats Brent!
    He also is #1 with the most completions and #1 with the most passing yards in the post season.
    And he just set the record for largest total yardage differential by a loser in Championship round games!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

poisoning16 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Congrats Brent!
    Congrats troll. Brent beat your ass twice this year. Hopefully he comes back and does it again. Your 2007 division championship seems so long ago.

The Green Ninja is offline Training Camp

And so ends the thread with a simple video to sum it all up...

[video type=youtube]smhiIIekc8g[/video]
    2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, NEW YORK YANKEES!!!
    "...to resort to the classic lame duck defense of Super Bowl trophies." - Formo
    Only a Vikings fan would think they're pretty lame, huh? ;-)

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast