fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

Now that I've cooled a bit

Now that I've cooled a bit and am not calling for the whole team to be canned, let me say something I've been thinking on for about 4 weeks now. For perspective, the 3 year experiment with Tice hasn't worked. I figured 3 years ago, if this guy was gonna get it done- if he was ready for a head coching job- after 3 years you'd be seeing the evidence. He was left with a Solid O and a terrible D. 3 years later, what do we have... a solid O and a terrible D. I realy like the guy, I respect him and pull for him as I have every coach since Bud Grant. But we haven't improved. Don't give little anecdotal, individual improvements here and there-- LOOK AT THE RECORD. Look at other organizations around the league. I think Tice deserves another shot some day, but it't time to go with a serious long term plan to win a SB. We Are Due fellow fans.

Our play calling is suspect ( run on 2nd and 25 with the game on the line?) Our D makes every QB look like probowler( the guys on Fox were saying Farve may the best ever!- naaah- did they see Harrington against us last week- it wasn't Farve guys- it was our D). All game long I was thinking -"we gotta get up by at leasst 2 scores- cause if not, our D will never stop Farve- Wah Lah. Another thing- in 3 years we haven't leaned how to rally from a deficit either.

Hey- in 2000 we ended the year with a 41-0 loss- Emabarrassment.
    At the end of 2001, our guys just gave up which ended D Greens job- Embarrassment
    Last year, from 6-0 to that final catch against Phoenix- Embarrassment
    This year, from 5-1 to this game- Embarrassment.

I honestly don't think Farve broke a sweat today. Did you see him after that Int. He was walking off the field shaking his head as if to say, "that's OK I'll be back- I got you guy's #"- Seriously. I told my two sons right after it happened and they showed him walking off.

The only hi-light for this year was Daunte's improvement. Like I've said before, I'd rather be 1-15 with a plan to rebuild than to keep going through this mediocrity year by year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I am with you, 69...mediocrity sucks worse than several crappy years followed by Super Bowl trophies...just ask the late 80s/early 90s Cowboys or the Patsies...I would personally take 10 years of totally crappy teams to get ONE Super Bowl trophy. Look at San Francisco...they got all that hardware to console them, this season is just a blip on the radar screen to them. The Viking organization has some hard decisions to make in the offseason...either they make the correct ones or our opportunity to win it all will just slip away once again. Now THAT would really suck!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

Yeah, I remember those Cowboys- thanks to then GM Mike Lynn, we gave up a bunch of good defensive players and draft picks (one of which turned out to be Emmit Smith) to get, in Lynn's words, our "missing ingredient" for a SB. I'm not harping on the past here- but more so to show how the Cowboys made a bold decision to give up a great RB to rebuild- I despise ém, I do... but they're winners- ever heard of Bill parcells??