Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

more packer woes.

FORMER STAFF TEES OFF ON SHERMAN
    Packers coach Mike Sherman has had a rough offseason. First, he loses his G.M. gig after the Pack cut the cheese (again) at home in the playoffs. Second, he takes an ill-timed siesta at the Scouting Combine, the image of which was captured by the NFL Network (and plastered on this here site) like George Costanza wolfing down a hot fudge sundae at the U.S. Open. Third, the roster takes some serious hits through the first stages of free agency. Now, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is printing the harsh comments made recently by some of Sherman's former employees. Said running backs coach Johnny Roland, gone after the 2004 season: "The head coach thought he was the only one with any brains. There was a lot of collective knowledge in the people that have left. And that knowledge wasn't listened to." Added Jeff Jagodzinski, the Packers tight ends coach from 1999 through 2003 who spent 2004 with the Falcons: "Coaching's fun again. And at the end, it wasn't in Green Bay. In Atlanta, your opinion matters. And the thing is nobody's afraid to make a suggestion. In Green Bay, a lot of guys bite their tongues on a lot of things. "Right now, everybody's involved in the decision process and your opinion matters. And if you're in an organization, you want to feel that you're a part of it. And when you don't have any decision-making responsibilities or they don't take your suggestions or whatever, that's frustrating."
    Although current Green Bay linebackers coach Mark Duffner defends his boss, Roland and Jagodzinski insist that the phenomenon is real. This past year, for example, Roland and receivers coach Ray Sherman accepted lateral positions elsewhere. "Why do you think those guys left?" Jagodzinski said. "It wasn't to go to a better team. It's because in Green Bay, your ideas don't get listened to." Sherman took the high road, refusing to fire back at his former employees. But we've previously heard this same sentiment in connection with the All-Star front office over which Sherman presided prior to January. Stocked with highly competent personnel execs, the problem in Green Bay had been (we've been told) that Sherman simply failed and/or refused to use them sufficiently.
    None of these developments bode well for a guy who is entering the final year of his contract under a new General Manager who very well might prefer to bring his own "guy" in to coach the team.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

this doesnt look good for packers fans. their coaching staff bickering and not in agreement could hurt the teams overall play.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

more packer woes.

Interesting!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

more packer woes.

i dont think this is very promising for packer fans.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

more packer woes.

I don't think it affects the fans at all, but Sherman is definately on the hot seat.

Think: Jim Bates was one of the #1 HC candidates. Why do you think we brought him in as DC when he couldn't get a HC job.

And...Sherman's contract is not extended.

This is a one-year trial for Sherman.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

more packer woes.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I don't think it affects the fans at all, but Sherman is definately on the hot seat.

Think: Jim Bates was one of the #1 HC candidates. Why do you think we brought him in as DC when he couldn't get a HC job.

And...Sherman's contract is not extended.

This is a one-year trial for Sherman.
    Tice might be available for you guys next year! :lol: And we all know of your genuine affection for him! :lol: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

more packer woes.

well im not meaning it effects the fans los.... im just saying i wouldnt feel to great if i was a packer fan knowing conflict problems about FOOTBALL issues, not personal ones are involved.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

more packer woes.

Oh, no doubt vikes09.

Trust me..there's a lot of offseason interest among the Packer fans. Though I will say, this offseason has been very active for Viking fans.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

more packer woes.

who is the packs nickel corner? think, if we got mike williams and played a 3 wide reciever set TT would go against him. i like that match up. hed be so used to going against a number 1 corner.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

more packer woes.

the pack have to start getting ready for the good old days and I dont' mean the vince lombardi days when there were 5 teams in the nfl and they won a whole bunch of championships. I mean when they and their buddies tampa bay used to go 4-12 every year. Maybe not this year but mark my word, the will be a 4-12 team starting next year.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

more packer woes.

common guys, mike sherman is no different than dennis green except for that he is white. sherman fixed up the offense so much now he is letting the team run down the gutters and they are loosing key offensive players just like we did cause green destroyed the team that tice is trying to fix; sad thing is tice gets blamed for everything. now sherman won't last past this year just like dennis green woo hoo green bay sucks so bad this year. if they were smart they would have tried to tell farve they don't want him back, trade ahman green for picks next year or this year and try to land leinart next year but they think they can actually win for some reason
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast