Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

Sorry dfosterf for ruining the fun.. carry on my green and gold friend..

Oh as far as Pat running his mouth.. I hope he enjoys every word of it on Tuesday with a side of humble pie.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    If I ever take a big Green Dump of pooh, I think I'll name it dfosterf, and call it my pet..... ;D
    Ever eat "Lucky charms"?
    No, my palate runs towards a more refined dish... it's called Crow.
    I like it served cold.
    Having read all about what your team is going to do, as contrasted with what my team will have done, it is a quite tasty dish.
    You will have to wait a few more years to experience it, as it hasn't arrived in Minnesota yet.

I should have guessed.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    If I ever take a big Green Dump of pooh, I think I'll name it dfosterf, and call it my pet..... ;D
    Ever eat "Lucky charms"?
    I like it served cold.
    Having read all about what your team is going to do, as contrasted with what my team will have done, it is a quite tasty dish.
    You will have to wait a few more years to experience it, as it hasn't arrived in Minnesota yet.
    I should have guessed.
    Very, very well done. ;D

Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Ever eat "Lucky charms"?
    I like it served cold.
    I should have guessed.
    Very, very well done. ;D

dfosterf is offline Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=NordicNed link=topic=47547.msg829318#msg829318 date=1220458474]
    Ever eat "Lucky charms"?
    I like it served cold.
    I should have guessed.
    Very, very well done. ;D

[/quote]

That's just WRONG on many levels... LMAO

but we have 12 championships... :

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I cannot i believe I sat here for 1 hour reading this....You guy sitting here with a troll who obviously got his jockstap sucked by Lord Farve.
    He wasnt there during those years with
    Don Majikowski plus the packers dont even know if they have a franchise QB in Rogers. Furthermore, poohie your front office for throwing your HoF QB away. It'll show up on Monday Night
    just how
    much Lord Farve will be missed in Green Bay.

Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=47547.msg829322#msg829322 date=1220458550]
    [quote author=NordicNed link=topic=47547.msg829318#msg829318 date=1220458474]
    Ever eat "Lucky charms"?
    I like it served cold.
    I should have guessed.
    Very, very well done. ;D

[/quote]

That's just WRONG on many levels... LMAO

but we have 12 championships... :

[/quote]

You could at least wait until the Vikings lay your team to waste and your QB is brohm before you start bringing that up.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Whoa.. walked right smack into a buzzin hornets nest today eh.

Couple of points along the thread..

1) The Favre debacle has a little bit of mess from all directions. Favre has blame as does the Packer front office.. but that is about as relevant as the results of last season upon this one. What is relevant is the added pressure place upon Rodgers shoulders this season, if the preseason is a gauge it will not matter. I am more concerned about the interior of our offensive line than I am of the lack of Favre vs the green Rodgers. Aaron will struggle at times this season.. but I think he will be better than claimed in this here twisting thread.

2) Individual players actions are not a reflection of the team, instead it is a reflection of the maturity of said player. The only difference between Jolly and your left tackle, is that Jolly will be suited up yet Monday night. His judgement day is coming soon, and honestly I hope he has to sit for a period of games.

3) If you believe that Favre and Bevell weren't talking football this offseason.. you are naive. While the tampering charges probably had more to do with deflecting bad PR than anything else, I am sure that there were some truths to the claim.

4) What is sad is that Rodgers may be further along in his development than TJ at this point, even with less than a game of regular season experience. This claim is based on preseason action to date, albeit with Jackson's injury probably a unfair comparison to this point. We shall see on Monday night.. if I had to wager on the two head to head, I would take Rodgers at this point.

5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.

6) How has your pass defense looked so far this preseason, eh.
    ;D

7) NP.. Harris didn't cheap shot AP, we have been over that a couple hundred times... no more so than your DE took a cheap shot at Favre on the late hit. Bodies mashed together at high speeds cause injuries.. plain an simple. I personally fear for injury every time AP takes the field due to his running style and attitude.. heck of a player.

8) Good luck all you purple fans.. should be an interesting game to say the least. My opinion, if it comes down to
    a defensive game, I like the Packers chances with a better balance on offense than their counterparts on the Viking side.

Oh yeah.. this is a smack thread I suppose.. heck you folks are doing a good job, carry on with it.
    Way to go, adding rationale to this thread.
    Why?

I think our O will be fine!
    I am actually like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to open this offense up and see what is inside.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I think our O will be fine!
    I am actually like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to open this offense up and see what is inside.
    Your cracker jack surprise would be...

Better.
    ;D

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:
    Whoa.. walked right smack into a buzzin hornets nest today eh.

Couple of points along the thread..

1) The Favre debacle has a little bit of mess from all directions. Favre has blame as does the Packer front office.. but that is about as relevant as the results of last season upon this one. What is relevant is the added pressure place upon Rodgers shoulders this season, if the preseason is a gauge it will not matter. I am more concerned about the interior of our offensive line than I am of the lack of Favre vs the green Rodgers. Aaron will struggle at times this season.. but I think he will be better than claimed in this here twisting thread.

2) Individual players actions are not a reflection of the team, instead it is a reflection of the maturity of said player. The only difference between Jolly and your left tackle, is that Jolly will be suited up yet Monday night. His judgement day is coming soon, and honestly I hope he has to sit for a period of games.

3) If you believe that Favre and Bevell weren't talking football this offseason.. you are naive. While the tampering charges probably had more to do with deflecting bad PR than anything else, I am sure that there were some truths to the claim.

4) What is sad is that Rodgers may be further along in his development than TJ at this point, even with less than a game of regular season experience. This claim is based on preseason action to date, albeit with Jackson's injury probably a unfair comparison to this point. We shall see on Monday night.. if I had to wager on the two head to head, I would take Rodgers at this point.

5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.

6) How has your pass defense looked so far this preseason, eh.
    ;D

7) NP.. Harris didn't cheap shot AP, we have been over that a couple hundred times... no more so than your DE took a cheap shot at Favre on the late hit. Bodies mashed together at high speeds cause injuries.. plain an simple. I personally fear for injury every time AP takes the field due to his running style and attitude.. heck of a player.

8) Good luck all you purple fans.. should be an interesting game to say the least. My opinion, if it comes down to
    a defensive game, I like the Packers chances with a better balance on offense than their counterparts on the Viking side.

Oh yeah.. this is a smack thread I suppose.. heck you folks are doing a good job, carry on with it.
    I wouldn't say rogers is past Tjack based on preseason, because he went 37-54 for 436 yards threw 3 TD's but threw a pick, and got sacked 7 times.. rating of 103.6
    while jackson wen 15-22 200 yards 2 TD's no turnovers NOT sacked once rating of 127.1

which IMO goes with your next point of the interior of your line being depleated, your guard is going to move to center, and you will have 2 backups in your guard positions, not something id want against kevin and pat williams.

to the pass defense comment, they seem to be doing quite well, Big ben went 10-17 for 65yards and got sacked twice
    ;D

Skol Vikings

Thanks josdin00

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast