Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    Letting go of Brett this year may not have so much to do with this season, or Lord Brett, but the thought that the Packers want to move on.
    Lets face it, it is tough to not know what Favre is going to do every off season.
    Combine that with the fact of wanting to find out what Rogers can do, I dont blame them so much for not wanting Favre back.
    Not that I would do the sam thing, but I can see where they may be coming from.
    I know where you are coming from. And I understand their frustration with Favres indecision year in and year out.
    But quite frankly, only an idiot trades a hall of fame quarterback, who just had one of his best years, for an unknown quarterback with potential.
    IThe gamble may work out for them. But the odds are against it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dfosterf is offline Coach

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

Nice try. I figured you would avoid the question by deflecting the topic in another direction. The packers FO did everything they could to blame their incompetence in handling farve on the Vikings and in the end it blew up in their face. Not only that, but until then our FO did not hate the packers like the fans. That whole deal changed that and I now believe the team and the staff is out to prove a point and will thrash the packers badly Monday night.

I will wait until midseason and ask how much you like McCarthy and Thompson then.
    Well, if history is any judge, the reality is that none of us will have to wait until mid-season.
    I will log on here Tuesday morning, explain to all 8492 of you why you lost again, many of you will be absent and/or suffering from collective amnesia, and I will revel in the best knowledge that once again, your paper aspirations have folded, yet again.
    I decided not to wait.
    ;D

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"dfosterf" wrote:

I decided not to wait.
    ;D
    Of course!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I'll roll also.
    Good luck gentlemen- ladies too. Enjoyed the smack- Trolling not my intention, sorry if taken in that way- I'd prefer "Thread Starter".
    To Prophet, I say:
    Before accusing one of plagiarism, make quite sure you have read the phrase.
    La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid- Pierre Choderlos, 1782.
    A little bit before Mario Puzo's time, as best I can ascertain.
    The translation is:
    "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold." Of course, I didn't say that.
    Conversely, Mario Puzo essentially stole the phrase with "revenge is a dish best served cold."
    I didn't say that either.
    I will say this, though, I can only aspire to your presentation as evidenced in your signature of psuedo-sophistication.
    There's irony in here that will unfortunately be lost on most, but such is life.
    My prediction on the game-- Vikings 24
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

:
    Crow is a dish best eaten by an overly optimistic Packers fan.

That phrase was coined by yours truly.
    ;D

Stick around at least until the vikings dismantle the packers next week. Somebody is going to have to console PackZ when he is all glammed out in Purple.
    Nice Avatar and signature you seem to be "packin'" Uffda... IMHO things are not nearly as bleak for the Purple faithful as some seem to be thinking right now.
    That was hugely satisfying only insofar as the off-season smack talk by your players and frankly, the posters here.
    I would hardly call that a dominating win, and we got PLENTY to worry about in Puker land.
    Your AD is one scary good football player, Your O Line is better than ours, your D Line is better than ours.
    These are facts.
    If you get good QB play out of TJ, you will win. It's that simple, IMHO.
    Good luck next week.
    I really do know that one had to hurt... My feeling is one of immense relief, as opposed to any desire to gloat.
    We will meet again, I have been told.
    That was one game.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I'll roll also.
    Good luck gentlemen- ladies too. Enjoyed the smack- Trolling not my intention, sorry if taken in that way- I'd prefer "Thread Starter".
    To Prophet, I say:
    The translation is:
    Conversely, Mario Puzo essentially stole the phrase with "revenge is a dish best served cold."
    I will say this, though, I can only aspire to your presentation as evidenced in your signature of psuedo-sophistication.
    There's irony in here that will unfortunately be lost on most, but such is life.
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

:

;D

Stick around at least until the vikings dismantle the packers next week. Somebody is going to have to console PackZ when he is all glammed out in Purple.
    Nice Avatar and signature you seem to be "packin'" Uffda... IMHO things are not nearly as bleak for the Purple faithful as some seem to be thinking right now.
    That was hugely satisfying only insofar as the off-season smack talk by your players and frankly, the posters here.
    I would hardly call that a dominating win, and we got PLENTY to worry about in Puker land.
    Your AD is one scary good football player, Your O Line is better than ours, your D Line is better than ours.
    These are facts.
    Good luck next week.
    I really do know that one had to hurt... My feeling is one of immense relief, as opposed to any desire to gloat.
    That was one game.
    For me the disappointing thing wasn't the loss but the lack of emotion our team displayed in losing. I will give the Packers credit in that when they come to play the Vikings, they are always ready to play and ready to hit somebody. With the exception of Peterson running over harris the Vikings looked like they expected the Packers to step out of the way and let them march down the field like the reserves have been doing against them in practice.

Jackson was the most disappointing, especially in the 4th on the last drive. he displayed no urgency and did not take command of the team like a QB who is going to be anything needs to. There were players who looked uncertain about either the play or their assignment and he just didn't look like be belonged in that situation at that time.

Anyway the crow was OK. I suspect it will stick in my craw until about Nov 9 but I am getting used to the taste.

Very classy switchover btw-- I'll lobby to 93z on your behalf- heck, I DON'T EVEN LIKE IT--it's giving bad kharma vibes.
    I'll call my lobbying effort "THE FREE UFFDA AVATAR PROJECT"
    ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    Very classy switchover btw-- I'll lobby to 93z on your behalf- heck, I DON'T EVEN LIKE IT--it's giving bad kharma vibes.
    I'll call my lobbying effort "THE FREE UFFDA AVATAR PROJECT"
    ;D
    I have been waiting for a SB for all of my 40+ years on this earth. I think I can handle 2 weeks of this avatar.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I'll roll also.
    To Prophet, I say:
    The translation is:
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

:

;D

These are facts.
    Good luck next week.
    That was one game.
    I'm not running either. I said I would be here. I was wrong about the outcome. Neither team looked great. Both showed some potential to be pretty good at times.
    TJ will take much of the blame for our loss. But the special teams
    touchdown was the difference in the game.
    Take that away, the outcome may have been different.
    Anyway, I make no excuses.
    Congatulations.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

scott72 is offline Rookie

"marstc09" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

Chilly. McCarthy and Thompson are the definition of classless. Would never want to associate we that trash. I would say the same thing about anyone in our front office if they did what they did to one of our players or filed false tampering charges. Your FO is a joke and Monday we will prove that your team is as well.
    Whoops.. ;D
    Go Pack go!!!

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

^ Yeah that was a bad post by that guy. I am forever grateful of the Vikes for immediately signing Chilly before he could get on the plane for his interview in Green Bay. McCarthy has outcoached Chilly in each meeting they have met and has rallied a young team with a lot of talent to a bunch of wins

The Packers current "joke of a FO" totally turned a depleted team around in just a few short years. Yeah, who wouldn't want that :

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast