Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.
    Check out this highlight reel from the Packers Chiefs game last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e892e

At the :20 you will see Jared Allen crush Favre by coming up the middle, causing favre to throw a lateral that was later ruled a forward pass. Packers got lucky their, but what do you think Aaron Rodgers is going to do when Allen hits him like that? My guess(educated guess based on past injuries) is Aaron will fumble and leave the game.
    At :38
    Allen beats his man again forcing Favre to throw a pick. This should happen even more with Allen playing next to the williams wall. Allen should have gotten a share of that pick, he distrupted the play enough for his team mates to make a play.
    At 2:00 Allen destroys his man and gets another big hit on favre. Favre was able to make a rather remarkable 50 yards, on a rope throw from his back foot. I've never seen Rodgers throw a 50 yard bullet from his back foot with pressure. With out favre that is a sack and Rodgers would probably once again been injured.
    at 2:50 Favre again has pressure in his face, this time he throws a 60 yard bullet from his back foot. Again he takes a big hit. Again Rodgers could not have made the throw, Rodgers would have likely left the game.
    At 4:00 you see the stats of the game, notice Grant had 19 carries for 55 yards, just under 3 yards a carry, he must not have seen all those gaps Allen left for him.
    Outside the 4 minute video Allen also managed to record 2 tackles and 1/2 sack.
    To say Allen is going to be a weakness the Packers can exploit is laughable, if not for Brett Favre the packers would have in all likely hood lost to the Chiefs whose best player in that game was Jared Allen.
    I can understand that you would have sizable concerns about the Williams in the middle is expected, but to say your more worried about them than Jared Allen, wow.
    I really wish I could have watched Jared Allen in that game but I was at the metrodome watching AD rush for an NFL record 296yds in a single game at that exact same time. I don't have to worry about that happening againg though since I'll be at Lambeau cheering them both on.
    Well done with the video lookup.. I kinda of expected that soon.. they stunted the interior of our line to death in that game.. I have been open in questioning whether they will hold up Monday night on the inside, but personally I don't see the Vikes utilizing Allen on interior stunts.. then again, a twist with KWill and Allen might be worrisome.

Great.. no sleep Sunday night now.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Nice rebuttle on the video!!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.

At the :20 you will see Jared Allen crush Favre by coming up the middle, causing favre to throw a lateral that was later ruled a forward pass. Packers got lucky their, but what do you think Aaron Rodgers is going to do when Allen hits him like that? My guess(educated guess based on past injuries) is Aaron will fumble and leave the game.
    Allen beats his man again forcing Favre to throw a pick. This should happen even more with Allen playing next to the williams wall. Allen should have gotten a share of that pick, he distrupted the play enough for his team mates to make a play.
    At 2:00 Allen destroys his man and gets another big hit on favre. Favre was able to make a rather remarkable 50 yards, on a rope throw from his back foot. I've never seen Rodgers throw a 50 yard bullet from his back foot with pressure. With out favre that is a sack and Rodgers would probably once again been injured.
    at 2:50 Favre again has pressure in his face, this time he throws a 60 yard bullet from his back foot. Again he takes a big hit. Again Rodgers could not have made the throw, Rodgers would have likely left the game.
    At 4:00 you see the stats of the game, notice Grant had 19 carries for 55 yards, just under 3 yards a carry, he must not have seen all those gaps Allen left for him.
    To say Allen is going to be a weakness the Packers can exploit is laughable, if not for Brett Favre the packers would have in all likely hood lost to the Chiefs whose best player in that game was Jared Allen.
    I can understand that you would have sizable concerns about the Williams in the middle is expected, but to say your more worried about them than Jared Allen, wow.
    I really wish I could have watched Jared Allen in that game but I was at the metrodome watching AD rush for an NFL record 296yds in a single game at that exact same time. I don't have to worry about that happening againg though since I'll be at Lambeau cheering them both on.
    Well done with the video lookup.. I kinda of expected that soon.. they stunted the interior of our line to death in that game.. I have been open in questioning whether they will hold up Monday night on the inside, but personally I don't see the Vikes utilizing Allen on interior stunts.. then again, a twist with KWill and Allen might be worrisome.

Yeah I bet the vikings coaching staff hasn't seen that video, so you should be okay.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Allen isn't the guy you need to worry about most. Kevin Williams is. Allen will have a good game unless the refs let him get held every play. But K-Will is going to have a monster game.
    I don't have video or stats to back that up. But the way things are playing out, I will be surprised if Wiilliams isn't very disruptive.
    Packers O-line is hurting and Williams won't be doubled as much.
    Can't wait to watch it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Allen isn't the guy you need to worry about most. Kevin Williams is. Allen will have a good game unless the refs let him get held every play. But K-Will is going to have a monster game.
    I don't have video or stats to back that up. But the way things are playing out, I will be surprised if Wiilliams isn't very disruptive.
    Can't wait to watch it.
    I don't like the DT vs. Interior line matchup at all.. not one bit.. so I unfortunately agree with your thoughts, but we will do enough in the end. I hope.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Yeah I bet the vikings coaching staff hasn't seen that video, so you should be okay.
    That is a good one.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Can't wait to watch it.
    I don't like the DT vs. Interior line matchup at all.. not one bit.. so I unfortunately agree with your thoughts, but we will do enough in the end. I hope.
    Well Grant will have some success running against the edge like in the second game last year.
    But I expect the defense will be playing that a little tighter and force Rogers to win or lose the game.
    Should be a good one.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Can't wait to watch it.
    Well Grant will have some success running against the edge like in the second game last year.
    But I expect the defense will be playing that a little tighter and force Rogers to win or lose the game.
    Should be a good one.
    Exactly, coming into to the week 4 match-up Favre had 2 consecutive games with 3 td's and a QB rating over 100. Favre still had a nice day(322yds, 2td, 1int, qb rating 108). The vikings did hold the packers to 46 yards on the ground on 20 carries.

Going into the week 10 match-up Favre had 2 consecutive games with 2 td's and a QB rating over 100. Again Favre had a nice day against the vikings (3td, 0int, qb rating 115.4). The vikings allowed 120yds on 32 carries.

Ok now where was I going with this..... Brett Favre was playing at a pro-bowl level, the game plan had to focus on stopping him, everyone including the packers new it. Who are the vikings game planning for this time?
    I'm thinking we might see a goose egg put on the board by the pack, I mean there passing game took a big hit and their running game wasn't that good to begin with(especially with a banged up line, and diminished passing threat).

17-0

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"dfosterf" wrote:
    From his press conference Sept. 2 (From GB Packers official website)

(The Vikings seemed to talk a lot during the offseason, while this team does very little of that. What would you do if that sort of stuff came out of your locker room?)
    I think that would be classified as a loaded question. You'll have to call Brad on that one. I don't spend a lot of time on it, to answer your question. We talk about the media topics that Jeff presents to me at the beginning of the week, and I inform our players of that. But I've never seen anything to gain from that, and that's really the only message that I've ever given our players. To answer your question, it speaks volumes about the way they go about their business. __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Sounds a lot like he's trying to say:
    One-
    Talk is cheap.

Two- Vikings lack class.
    I wonder what words he has after Bretts performance? Silly cheesedicks!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Letting go of Brett this year may not have so much to do with this season, or Lord Brett, but the thought that the Packers want to move on.
    Lets face it, it is tough to not know what Favre is going to do every off season.
    Combine that with the fact of wanting to find out what Rogers can do, I dont blame them so much for not wanting Favre back.
    Not that I would do the sam thing, but I can see where they may be coming from.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast