Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 167
  1. #101
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    Well done tw.. well done.

    Okay, I am done for today and probably most of the rest of the week.. I will be on before the game and win or lose, after the game as well. Enjoy the rest of the week leading up to the game.. should be a good one.

  2. #102
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Well done tw.. well done.

    Okay, I am done for today and probably most of the rest of the week.. I will be on before the game and win or lose, after the game as well. Enjoy the rest of the week leading up to the game.. should be a good one.
    Win or lose, you are welcome here pack.
    I will see you over at packershome too!

    Well it's Monday night and we're ready to rock!
    Time to get all the hits, the bangs and the blocks.
    It's the game of the week that's comin' your way.
    The Vikings and the Packers are ready to play.
    We gotta get ready, we gotta get right
    Cause Monday Night Football kicks off tonight!

    So get ready.
    I mean, get ready.
    Are you ready for some football?!
    A Monday night party!

    We've got Jaws and Mike and Tony.
    They're gonna get it kick started.
    Suzy and the crew's all set.
    The crowd is psyched.
    Cause all my rowdy friends are back on Monday Night!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #103
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    Best of luck to ur team!

    Hope for a great and injury free game

    I would be okay with Kampman and Driver and Gennings and Charles Woodson getting dinged up a bit JUST for our game

  4. #104
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    I'll roll also.
    Good luck gentlemen- ladies too. Enjoyed the smack- Trolling not my intention, sorry if taken in that way- I'd prefer "Thread Starter".
    To Prophet, I say:
    Before accusing one of plagiarism, make quite sure you have read the phrase.
    La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid- Pierre Choderlos, 1782.
    A little bit before Mario Puzo's time, as best I can ascertain.
    The translation is:
    "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold." Of course, I didn't say that.
    Conversely, Mario Puzo essentially stole the phrase with " Revenge is a dish best served cold."
    I didn't say that either.
    I will say this, though, I can only aspire to your presentation as evidenced in your signature of psuedo-sophistication.
    There's irony in here that will unfortunately be lost on most, but such is life.
    My prediction on the game-- Vikings 24
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

    :

  5. #105
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I'll roll also.
    Good luck gentlemen- ladies too. Enjoyed the smack- Trolling not my intention, sorry if taken in that way- I'd prefer "Thread Starter".
    To Prophet, I say:
    Before accusing one of plagiarism, make quite sure you have read the phrase.
    La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid- Pierre Choderlos, 1782.
    A little bit before Mario Puzo's time, as best I can ascertain.
    The translation is:
    "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold." Of course, I didn't say that.
    Conversely, Mario Puzo essentially stole the phrase with " Revenge is a dish best served cold."
    I didn't say that either.
    I will say this, though, I can only aspire to your presentation as evidenced in your signature of psuedo-sophistication.
    There's irony in here that will unfortunately be lost on most, but such is life.
    My prediction on the game-- Vikings 24
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

    :
    My pseudo-sophistication was attempting to see if you were capable of researching a topic.
    You apparently are.
    I picked the same final score as you, fortune is in your hands.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #106
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Well done tw.. well done.

    Okay, I am done for today and probably most of the rest of the week.. I will be on before the game and win or lose, after the game as well. Enjoy the rest of the week leading up to the game.. should be a good one.
    Win or lose, you are welcome here pack.
    I will see you over at packershome too!

    Well it's Monday night and we're ready to rock!
    Time to get all the hits, the bangs and the blocks.
    It's the game of the week that's comin' your way.
    The Vikings and the Packers are ready to play.
    We gotta get ready, we gotta get right
    Cause Monday Night Football kicks off tonight!

    So get ready.
    I mean, get ready.
    Are you ready for some football?!
    A Monday night party!

    We've got Jaws and Mike and Tony.
    They're gonna get it kick started.
    Suzy and the crew's all set.
    The crowd is psyched.
    Cause all my rowdy friends are back on Monday Night!
    I can't freaking wait to roll up in front of Lamblow on Monday night next week!
    Yee Haw!!!
    That song just got me pumped.

  7. #107
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    I'll roll also.
    Good luck gentlemen- ladies too. Enjoyed the smack- Trolling not my intention, sorry if taken in that way- I'd prefer "Thread Starter".
    To Prophet, I say:
    Before accusing one of plagiarism, make quite sure you have read the phrase.
    La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid- Pierre Choderlos, 1782.
    A little bit before Mario Puzo's time, as best I can ascertain.
    The translation is:
    "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold." Of course, I didn't say that.
    Conversely, Mario Puzo essentially stole the phrase with "revenge is a dish best served cold."
    I didn't say that either.
    I will say this, though, I can only aspire to your presentation as evidenced in your signature of psuedo-sophistication.
    There's irony in here that will unfortunately be lost on most, but such is life.
    My prediction on the game-- Vikings 24
    Packers 10.
    I hope I'm wrong.

    :
    Crow is a dish best eaten by an overly optimistic Packers fan.


    That phrase was coined by yours truly.
    ;D

    Stick around at least until the vikings dismantle the packers next week. Somebody is going to have to console PackZ when he is all glammed out in Purple.

  8. #108
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ....AL Harris has shown he is a clean player, might be physical but not dirty. I hope for nothing less than AP health this season.. fun player to watch.
    One of my favorite things about watching the Vikings/Packers game is watching whoopie get his jiggly butt burned.
    I second that.
    When Burress said, "He can't cover me" I laughed almost as hard as I did at the Moss-Moon.

    Caine

  9. #109
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "pack93z" wrote:

    5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.
    Check out this highlight reel from the Packers Chiefs game last year.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e892e

    At the :20 you will see Jared Allen crush Favre by coming up the middle, causing favre to throw a lateral that was later ruled a forward pass. Packers got lucky their, but what do you think Aaron Rodgers is going to do when Allen hits him like that? My guess(educated guess based on past injuries) is Aaron will fumble and leave the game.
    At :38
    Allen beats his man again forcing Favre to throw a pick. This should happen even more with Allen playing next to the williams wall. Allen should have gotten a share of that pick, he distrupted the play enough for his team mates to make a play.
    At 2:00 Allen destroys his man and gets another big hit on favre. Favre was able to make a rather remarkable 50 yards, on a rope throw from his back foot. I've never seen Rodgers throw a 50 yard bullet from his back foot with pressure. With out favre that is a sack and Rodgers would probably once again been injured.
    at 2:50 Favre again has pressure in his face, this time he throws a 60 yard bullet from his back foot. Again he takes a big hit. Again Rodgers could not have made the throw, Rodgers would have likely left the game.
    At 4:00 you see the stats of the game, notice Grant had 19 carries for 55 yards, just under 3 yards a carry, he must not have seen all those gaps Allen left for him.
    Outside the 4 minute video Allen also managed to record 2 tackles and 1/2 sack.
    To say Allen is going to be a weakness the Packers can exploit is laughable, if not for Brett Favre the packers would have in all likely hood lost to the Chiefs whose best player in that game was Jared Allen.
    I can understand that you would have sizable concerns about the Williams in the middle is expected, but to say your more worried about them than Jared Allen, wow.
    I really wish I could have watched Jared Allen in that game but I was at the metrodome watching AD rush for an NFL record 296yds in a single game at that exact same time. I don't have to worry about that happening againg though since I'll be at Lambeau cheering them both on.

  10. #110
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Well done tw.. well done.

    Okay, I am done for today and probably most of the rest of the week.. I will be on before the game and win or lose, after the game as well. Enjoy the rest of the week leading up to the game.. should be a good one.
    Win or lose, you are welcome here pack.
    I will see you over at packershome too!

    Well it's Monday night and we're ready to rock!
    Time to get all the hits, the bangs and the blocks.
    It's the game of the week that's comin' your way.
    The Vikings and the Packers are ready to play.
    We gotta get ready, we gotta get right
    Cause Monday Night Football kicks off tonight!

    So get ready.
    I mean, get ready.
    Are you ready for some football?!
    A Monday night party!

    We've got Jaws and Mike and Tony.
    They're gonna get it kick started.
    Suzy and the crew's all set.
    The crowd is psyched.
    Cause all my rowdy friends are back on Monday Night!
    I can't freaking wait to roll up in front of Lamblow on Monday night next week!
    Yee Haw!!!
    That song just got me pumped.
    +1

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interview of Mike McCarthy
    By dfosterf in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. McCarthy & Packers' Season Is on the Line
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
  3. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy: You're both nuts!
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
  4. Jaguars, Mike Peterson out for the season
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
  5. Mike Tice's Assessment of the Vikings 2004 Season
    By Purple Herring in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •