Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

The responsibility will fall on the OLB to cover the gap in the defense. I can see Greenway or Leber laying in the weeds and taking Rodgers for a pick-6 in the game. That will put an end to that idea very quickly.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    4) What is sad is that Rodgers may be further along in his development than TJ at this point, even with less than a game of regular season experience. This claim is based on preseason action to date, albeit with Jackson's injury probably a unfair comparison to this point. We shall see on Monday night.. if I had to wager on the two head to head, I would take Rodgers at this point.
    pack, if you are basing your claims on preseason action to date, you might want to go back and look again.
    TJack looked much better in the preseason action he saw than Rodgers did in his.
    tb04512 said it best:
    [size=11pt]I wouldn't say rogers is past Tjack based on preseason, because he went 37-54 for 436 yards threw 3 TD's but threw a pick, and got sacked 7 times.. rating of 103.6
    while jackson wen 15-22 200 yards 2 TD's no turnovers NOT sacked once rating of 127.1
    [/size]

"pack93z" wrote:
    6) How has your pass defense looked so far this preseason, eh.
    ;D
    Not bad.
    In fact, let's compare it against the Packers pass defense:
    Pts/G Comp Att Pct Yds/G Sacks
    Green Bay 25.2 66 132 50.0% 185.5 2
    Minnesota 19.2 99 144 68.0% 189.2 11

As it turns out, Minnesota's D has performed much better than the Packer's D.
    In fact, even though teams enjoyed a better completion percentage against Minnesota, the Packers gave up more points and just as many yards per game.
    And even though some of your packer brethren are proclaiming that Kampman is going to get 5+ sacks, the Packers are dead last in sacks this preseason.
    link

"pack93z" wrote:
    7) NP.. Harris didn't cheap shot AP, we have been over that a couple hundred times... no more so than your DE took a cheap shot at Favre on the late hit. Bodies mashed together at high speeds cause injuries.. plain an simple. I personally fear for injury every time AP takes the field due to his running style and attitude.. heck of a player.
    I actually agree.

Harris may play for the wrong team, but he isn't a dirty player by any means.
    The likelihood of Harris actually intending to hurt AD is about as high as Bevell (or anyone else) actually talking to Fav-re while representing the Vikings in any capacity.
    However, if there are Packer fans trolling here still claiming that the Vikings were in any way responsible for the circus caused by TT and Fav-re, then I reserve the right to bring up the illegal bounties the Packer D had going last year...
    Lets see here a little before we have this whole owned thing going on.

Rodgers has been under pressure this entire preseason (I know doesn't bode well on that account) and still has done well. Numbers can be deceiving at times, while I am not knocking TJ as much for his performance, it was a limited sample due to injury. Just as I am not laying 100% faith in Rodgers until the games count for real, I have my doubts that TJ can beat our passing defense.

On the defense, we have been playing basically without a key man on the pass rush and push up the mid, yet we are still only allowing a completion rate of 50% with basically no pass rush. Wait for the blitz wrinkles and a line playing at full strength, we might not be dominate, but I will take our pass defense over yours at this point. Jared Allen or not.

On the AP thing, I am glad we can agree there.. AL Harris has shown he is a clean player, might be physical but not dirty. I hope for nothing less than AP health this season.. fun player to watch.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    ....AL Harris has shown he is a clean player, might be physical but not dirty. I hope for nothing less than AP health this season.. fun player to watch.
    One of my favorite things about watching the Vikings/Packers game is watching whoopie get his ass burned.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    4) What is sad is that Rodgers may be further along in his development than TJ at this point, even with less than a game of regular season experience. This claim is based on preseason action to date, albeit with Jackson's injury probably a unfair comparison to this point. We shall see on Monday night.. if I had to wager on the two head to head, I would take Rodgers at this point.
    pack, if you are basing your claims on preseason action to date, you might want to go back and look again.
    TJack looked much better in the preseason action he saw than Rodgers did in his.

tb04512 said it best:
    [size=11pt]I wouldn't say rogers is past Tjack based on preseason, because he went 37-54 for 436 yards threw 3 TD's but threw a pick, and got sacked 7 times.. rating of 103.6
    while jackson wen 15-22 200 yards 2 TD's no turnovers NOT sacked once rating of 127.1
    [/size]

"pack93z" wrote:
    ;D
    Not bad.
    In fact, let's compare it against the Packers pass defense:
    Pts/G Comp Att Pct Yds/G Sacks
    Green Bay 25.2 66 132 50.0% 185.5 2
    Minnesota 19.2 99 144 68.0% 189.2 11

As it turns out, Minnesota's D has performed much better than the Packer's D.
    In fact, even though teams enjoyed a better completion percentage against Minnesota, the Packers gave up more points and just as many yards per game.
    And even though some of your packer brethren are proclaiming that Kampman is going to get 5+ sacks, the Packers are dead last in sacks this preseason.
    link

"pack93z" wrote:
    7) NP.. Harris didn't cheap shot AP, we have been over that a couple hundred times... no more so than your DE took a cheap shot at Favre on the late hit. Bodies mashed together at high speeds cause injuries.. plain an simple. I personally fear for injury every time AP takes the field due to his running style and attitude.. heck of a player.
    I actually agree.

Harris may play for the wrong team, but he isn't a dirty player by any means.
    The likelihood of Harris actually intending to hurt AD is about as high as Bevell (or anyone else) actually talking to Fav-re while representing the Vikings in any capacity.
    However, if there are Packer fans trolling here still claiming that the Vikings were in any way responsible for the circus caused by TT and Fav-re, then I reserve the right to bring up the illegal bounties the Packer D had going last year...
    Lets see here a little before we have this whole owned thing going on.

Rodgers has been under pressure this entire preseason (I know doesn't bode well on that account) and still has done well. Numbers can be deceiving at times, while I am not knocking TJ as much for his performance, it was a limited sample due to injury. Just as I am not laying 100% faith in Rodgers until the games count for real, I have my doubts that TJ can beat our passing defense.

On the defense, we have been playing basically without a key man on the pass rush and push up the mid, yet we are still only allowing a completion rate of 50% with basically no pass rush. Wait for the blitz wrinkles and a line playing at full strength, we might not be dominate, but I will take our pass defense over yours at this point. Jared Allen or not.

On the AP thing, I am glad we can agree there.. AL Harris has shown he is a clean player, might be physical but not dirty. I hope for nothing less than AP health this season.. fun player to watch.
    Now your true green and gold colors are showing through. He looked like crap this preseason.

I think it is funny, though. my brother-in-law in Wi is beside himself with the direction the team is going and how Rodgers looks. I know there are many, many Packer fans who have zero confidence in Rodgers.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We will pick on Blackmon and Bush, Bush is almost worse then Mr.Carroll

I doubt you guys will get much pass rush.. Too many injurys

I read somewhere that Al Harris gives up like 65 percent of catches on balls thrown his way.. Im not scared of him he is easy to beat deep as well.. Charles Woodson is a baller though I think he will look up his man

And I agree Al Harris is clean.. He just went to tackle low.. Ive seen that tackle many many times.. Sometimes ur cleat gets stuck.. I cant stand it when people say that was dirty.. AP himself said it was clean

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    You can't use preseason stats to support one belief, and then dismiss them saying that you weren't playing full strength when they contradict another.

Your defense may not have been at 100%, but neither were any of the offenses you faced.

Based strictly on preseason stats, TJack has done better than Rodgers, and the Minnesota Defense has done better than Green Bay's.
    However, it was only preseason.
    The real competition starts tomorrow...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    You can't use preseason stats to support one belief, and then dismiss them saying that you weren't playing full strength when they contradict another.

Your defense may not have been at 100%, but neither were any of the offenses you faced.

Based strictly on preseason stats, TJack has done better than Rodgers, and the Minnesota Defense has done better than Green Bay's.

Exactly what I was thinking

We werent at full strength either

Pat Williams and Madeiu sat out

A few more sat out some time as well

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Fair enough.. all the speculation will be on display Monday night.. but I will still take our Pass Defense over yours at this point.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Now your true green and gold colors are showing through. He looked like crap this preseason.

I think it is funny, though. my brother-in-law in Wi is beside himself with the direction the team is going and how Rodgers looks. I know there are many, many Packer fans who have zero confidence in Rodgers.
    Come now.. I generally lift the green and gold glasses off.
    ;D

Rodgers looked terrible one game, the San Fran game where they blitzed all out and we had most of the center of the line out with injuries. Other than that, he has been just fine.

On the direction of the team, I can't say I am happy the Favre was shown the door the way it came down, but people want to use that to get down on Rodgers, when in reality he has played just as well as Favre did last preseason. Rodgers has shown poise and maturity..he will have his "Oh S&^T" moments as well in this season, but I don't think it is going to be a disaster some want to make it out to believe.

I remember when Favre took over for Majic.. same type of whining.. truth be told, we don't know completely what we have in Rodgers, but I for one, as many are, going to support him till he proves that he doesn't warrant it any longer.

We will be fine at the QB spot unless he goes down.. the interior oline.. hmmm plead the 5th.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Whoa.. walked right smack into a buzzin hornets nest today eh.

Couple of points along the thread..

1) The Favre debacle has a little bit of mess from all directions. Favre has blame as does the Packer front office.. but that is about as relevant as the results of last season upon this one. What is relevant is the added pressure place upon Rodgers shoulders this season, if the preseason is a gauge it will not matter. I am more concerned about the interior of our offensive line than I am of the lack of Favre vs the green Rodgers. Aaron will struggle at times this season.. but I think he will be better than claimed in this here twisting thread.

2) Individual players actions are not a reflection of the team, instead it is a reflection of the maturity of said player. The only difference between Jolly and your left tackle, is that Jolly will be suited up yet Monday night. His judgement day is coming soon, and honestly I hope he has to sit for a period of games.

3) If you believe that Favre and Bevell weren't talking football this offseason.. you are naive. While the tampering charges probably had more to do with deflecting bad PR than anything else, I am sure that there were some truths to the claim.

5) I can't wait for Allen to over commit to his upfield rush and us gash the gap that he will leave behind. For as good of a pass rusher he may be, he plays much like KGB does.. too aggressive upfield while leaving your mates exposed behind you. Maybe Chilly and Frazier will game plan for that.. but if they commit a backer up, that will leave a crease in the short slant coverage. Allen has added a dimension to your pass rush, but weakened another part of the defense. Like I said.. I am more concerned inside with the Williams brothers on our interior line than I am of Allen.

;D

8) Good luck all you purple fans.. should be an interesting game to say the least. My opinion, if it comes down to
    a defensive game, I like the Packers chances with a better balance on offense than their counterparts on the Viking side.

Oh yeah.. this is a smack thread I suppose.. heck you folks are doing a good job, carry on with it.
    Not only has the Favre situation gotten to be a little bit of mess but it got even worse when they traded him. The Green Bay Packers arn't the same team without Favre and I know this. Brett Favre brings about leadership that all the other players feed off of including one very outspoken CB who thought letting Favre go was a mistake. The Packers sucess Vs the Vikings recently has been largly due to Brett Favre throwing laser passess on a dime. If Aron Rodgers can get this done with the type of pressure we're brinning you might have a chance. If I was a Packer fan knowingly playing the Vikings on Spet 8th with an Oline in shambles I would prepare myself for the worst.

I feel there are some truths to the claim but in large part on Brett Favre. We didn't call Brett Favre he called us. Why? Because he wanted to play on a very good football team, he knew his circumstances with the Packers and wanted to play versus them. He also new Minnesota would be his quickest option for getting a SB ring quickly.

We shall see Monday Night but its very tuff tast for a beat up Oline to protect Rodgers versus an All-World Defensive Line. Aron Rodgers has certainly been in the league longer than Tarvaris but nothing can replace real game experience and repition. Tarvaris's first game as a Pro came in Lambo and he was destroyed along with the Oline, Tarvaris first time back to Lambo could be complete vise versa.

Sounds to me like you watched the first preseason game to many times. Allen tends to get upfield quick but don't fool yourself into thinking you can beat him one way or another. Allen is only one great player on a Defense full of other great players and trust me, we can account for when Allen gets upfield too quickly. Kevin Williams who is positioned next to Allen plays down the line of scrimage like a 265 Pounder, just ask Mendenhall. I'll give you a glimpse of whats to come on passing downs, Allen beating the your LT around the edge and pushing the QB right into the Williams brothers who are able to crush a pocket. Edwards can even get in on this, stunts are a thing of beuty and when your dealing with speed like we have it becomes very complicated.

Pass defense was slow coming out the other games where more like no chance to pass, HAHA! Jared Allen nearly had three sacks vs the Ravens in the first quarter. Versus the Steelers we were able to keep Big Ben on his toes at all times. Lets just say there lucky he made it out injury free.

I'm right here with you on this one, Peterson is definitly vulnerable to injury but it doesn't mean the ground and pound won't be coming. Chester Taylor is a load to deal with, as long as our Oline beats your Dline we're going to play smash mouth football. I hope your tackles are ready.

IMO it comes down to who wins in the trenches and it always will.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast