Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 167
  1. #1
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    From his press conference Sept. 2 (From GB Packers official website)

    (The Vikings seemed to talk a lot during the offseason, while this team does very little of that. What would you do if that sort of stuff came out of your locker room?)
    I think that would be classified as a loaded question. You'll have to call Brad on that one. I don't spend a lot of time on it, to answer your question. We talk about the media topics that Jeff presents to me at the beginning of the week, and I inform our players of that. But I've never seen anything to gain from that, and that's really the only message that I've ever given our players. To answer your question, it speaks volumes about the way they go about their business. __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

    Sounds a lot like he's trying to say:
    One-
    Talk is cheap.
    Two- Vikings lack class.

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    I was actually surprised to hear so much smack-talk coming out of Vikings camp... Brad is letting the guys flap their yappers, which I've never been a fan of (unless it's Ocho-Cinco).

    But, honestly... who cares what this guy thinks? He inherited a good team with Brett Favre at the helm, and now everyone thinks this guy is God's gift to coaching. We'll see how this season goes, and then we'll see who's (still) talking.

    Of course, Childress sucks too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.


  5. #5
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    What, filing fake tampering charges with the NFL isn't a classless move?

    Throwing your HOF QB out on his rear but not really throwing him out, only saying you threw him out after he was traded to another team.
    Debacle!

    What was said by the Vikings that was so bad?
    I really haven't been following it.

  6. #6
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

    If Childress inherited Farve, we would be asking you the question in reverse.
    This will be Mike's challenge, to get through this year.
    He is where Chilly was when he took over, but Mike has a QB that has had the luxury of getting groomed for 3 years in the system that Mike took over from a previous coaching staff.
    Chilly had to break down the team and then build it back up with a rookie QB.


    It is really difficult to compare the two situations as apples to apples.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

    So how is that Johnny Jolly situation coming along?
    At least McKinnie is just suspended.
    Jolly is looking at jail time and a Class 2 felony.

    Nice glass house you have there BTW.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

    So how is that Johnny Jolly situation coming along?
    At least McKinnie is just suspended.
    Jolly is looking at jail time and a Class 2 felony.

    Nice glass house you have there BTW.
    Those pesky facts again...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    Brett Favre did not hold your team to zero points.
    Brett Favre didn't run on you for 119 yards (only team to do it on you as I recall.)
    Brett Favre didn't shut down Purple Jesus.
    Brett Favre didn't stop your recently purchased attempt at a pass rush cold in his tracks (after he had talked smack as a KC Chief).
    McCarthy wasn't on to your cheating, Ted Thompson was.
    Had you aquired Brett Favre, you would be scary good.
    You did not. You are not.
    As to Jolly, he is in fact as stupid as your idiot, unless, of course, he had a really, really bad cough.
    :


  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Mike McCarthy has a (very) few words for Vikings off-season smack

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how he would comment on the false allegations of Tampering, the fact that they were scared as hell about their previous QB playing for us or the fact that he is going to be strung from the proverbial light pole when his QB doesn't perform well this season.
    I will ask one honest question.
    Would you rather have Brad Childress as head coach or Mike McCarthy?
    As to stringing up on poles, I'd have to refer you to your vacationing lineman... he seems to have intimate knowledge of the effect of poles.

    Chilly. McCarthy and Thompson are the definition of classless. Would never want to associate we that trash. I would say the same thing about anyone in our front office if they did what they did to one of our players or filed false tampering charges. Your FO is a joke and Monday we will prove that your team is as well.

Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interview of Mike McCarthy
    By dfosterf in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. McCarthy & Packers' Season Is on the Line
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
  3. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy: You're both nuts!
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
  4. Jaguars, Mike Peterson out for the season
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
  5. Mike Tice's Assessment of the Vikings 2004 Season
    By Purple Herring in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •