Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mckenzie Watch

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Mckenzie Watch

Maybe the Pack can throw in one of their 3 fullbacks to sweeten the deal.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Mckenzie Watch

I can only say again, (see pic below) how Mckenzie feels and would bet he would go anyware but GB

Feel kind of sorry for the guy

but when it is like this I'd do the same

Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Mckenzie Watch

Los Maybe you can help me I know the packers traded away one of their CB that has been one of your better back-ups and with Carroll so green I didn't understand the thinking there.

Also saw you picked up a new D-end and cut Holmes (who you just picked up).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Mckenzie Watch

It's all about money isn't it? Everythings about money. I'm sure he'd play for the Pack if they would re-negotiate to make his pay to top five in the league and give him another big signing bonus. He signed the deal though, he wasn't forced to. I also admire Green Bay for not cracking. I don't think players should be able to re-negotiate a deal until the time comes when teams are able to force a player to do the same once a players skill level falls off.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Mckenzie Watch

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Los Maybe you can help me I know the packers traded away one of their CB that has been one of your better back-ups and with Carroll so green I didn't understand the thinking there.

We had two promising young corners who developed major cases of the stupids the past couple of years. One, Marques Anderson, might have been cut, but we had acquired Mark Roman for his spot, though Anderson had some bright spots in camp. We got two late rounders from Oakland.

We then used those picks to pick up Truluck from KC, so in essense, it was a trade of Anderson for Truluck, who is a DE, where we really need help.

Holmes just never got in the mix. He came in late, and we needed to cut him so we could have two punters. It makes total sense to me.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Mckenzie Watch

"vikesfan" wrote:
    if Green Bay actually can get a 1st rounder for him, why haven't they done that already? Are they holding out for more or do they want to keep him that bad? I think at this point, a first rounder in exchange for him would be about the best the Pack can hope for.
    !
    They actually haven't been offered the 1st rounder yet. Rumors are they've been offered second rounders.

I still think, however, and Sherman is very noble in doing so, that he's going to let him sit and rot. The more games he sits, the more salary he loses, and the more cap space we gain. if we trade him, the signing bonus will accelerate.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Mckenzie Watch

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

We had two promising young corners who developed major cases of the stupids the past couple of years. One, Marques Anderson, might have been cut, but we had acquired Mark Roman for his spot, though Anderson had some bright spots in camp. We got two late rounders from Oakland.

We then used those picks to pick up Truluck from KC, so in essense, it was a trade of Anderson for Truluck, who is a DE, where we really need help.

Holmes just never got in the mix. He came in late, and we needed to cut him so we could have two punters. It makes total sense to me.

OK as long as it makes sense to you Los, I was confussed :shaking:

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Mckenzie Watch

Notebook: Sitting out another week will cost McKenzie $161K

By Pete Dougherty
    PackersNews.com

The Packers don’t know whether cornerback Mike McKenzie will end his contract holdout this week now that he begins forfeiting his weekly paycheck of $161,765, though he can report as late as Saturday and still get paid for the week under the rules of the NFL’s collective-bargaining agreement.

McKenzie skipped both of the Packers’ offseason minicamps and all of training camp, and he’s told team officials he’ll never play for the Packers again. But coach Mike Sherman has shown no inclination to satisfy McKenzie’s demand for a trade.

If McKenzie reports this week, the Packers will be obligated to pay him the first of his 17 weekly paychecks from his $2.75 million base salary even though it’s unlikely he’d be ready to play Monday night against Carolina. In such circumstances, the NFL usually gives a team a roster exemption for a week or two, though the player still must be paid and counts against the salary cap while he’s exempt from the 53-man player limit.

Darren Sharper, the Packers’ free safety, said he has tried to contact McKenzie recently but has been unable to reach him. He spoke to McKenzie several times in the offseason and even visited him in Memphis, Tenn.

“What makes you think that I can make him change his mind?” Sharper said. “What makes you think I haven't tried? I have tried.”

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk. com%2Frumormill.htm
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Mckenzie Watch

"SKOL" wrote:
    It's all about money isn't it? Everythings about money. I'm sure he'd play for the Pack if they would re-negotiate to make his pay to top five in the league and give him another big signing bonus. He signed the deal though, he wasn't forced to. I also admire Green Bay for not cracking. I don't think players should be able to re-negotiate a deal until the time comes when teams are able to force a player to do the same once a players skill level falls off.
    That time has been around for awhile skol. Havn't you ever heard about teams in cap trouble that ask tey start to renegotiate. Look at Eddie George, he was due something like 3-4 million this year In Tennessee, but they wanted him to reduce it to something like 1.5 million, he didn't so they released him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mckenzie Watch

Even if he would agree to return under his current contract do you think he would help, or be a cancer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast