AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

McCarthy wants more discipline from Favre

McCarthy wants more discipline from Favre

New coach Mike McCarthy might have a different take, especially after watching film of Favre's five interceptions in practice on Monday.

"You have to stay away from interceptions that are bad decisions," McCarthy said Tuesday. "And he saw something on two or three of them, you have to pull back. Brett's personality is to push forward. That's the ability to play quarterback. Sometimes you have to pull back and take the checkdown instead of throwing the ball through that keyhole, which obviously he's capable of doing. That's just a discipline within himself."

McCarthy wasn't pleased when Favre threw a ball up for grabs down the middle of the field.

"Late down the middle is a mortal sin in quarterback play," McCarthy said. "It's been stressed since I've been coaching the position and it's obviously something all the quarterbacks are aware of."
    Sounds like the INT count be high again this year from the 'Golden One'. If McCarthy questions Favre's decisions too much this year then the packer fans will be running him out of town as a coach who knows nothing about the game :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Re: McCarthy wants more discipline from Favre

If I was the packers coach, I would cut favre right away, trade for a real QB,CB,OL,DL,OLB,MLB,ILB,SS,FS,K,P?(dont know if they have a good punter)TE(Bubba Franks is done for-not that he was that great anyways)Then probly a new HB, because I dont think they can cut it. If Henderson is still FB than I guess their OK at that. but Im not sure hes on the packers anymore, or even in the nfl.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McCarthy wants more discipline from Favre

Good luck McCarthy making Favre do anything, and if you bench him some Packer fan will kill you!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.