Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mandarich: I Was Never Sober In Green Bay

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Best offensive line prospect ever. God, if he would've laid off the steroids we would've most likely had freaking Barry Sanders. Just think of that, he could've led us to a dynasty with Favre and White.

I'm this frustrated and I haven't even seen him play. I wasn't even a football fan when he played.
    How do you figure?
    Barry was in the same draft as Mandarich.
    You couldn't get both.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Best offensive line prospect ever. God, if he would've laid off the steroids we would've most likely had freaking Barry Sanders. Just think of that, he could've led us to a dynasty with Favre and White.

I'm this frustrated and I haven't even seen him play. I wasn't even a football fan when he played.
    How do you figure?
    You couldn't get both.
    They picked Mandarich over Barry Sanders...as well as Derek Thomas, Deion Sanders, and Andre Rison for that matter.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

How do you figure?
    You couldn't get both.
    They picked Mandarich over Barry Sanders...as well as Derek Thomas, Deion Sanders, and Andre Rison for that matter.
    My bad, I read it wrong.
    I thought he was saying they would have had Mandarich and Sanders if he paned out.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

How do you figure?
    You couldn't get both.
    Like said before, we took him over Sanders. Had he not used steroids, he would've never gone off the board at 2. I asume we would've taken Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders or Derrick Thomas otherwise.

In September 2008, Mandarich admitted to using steroids at Michigan State and faking a drug test before the 1988 Rose Bowl. Mandarich denied using steroids in the NFL but was addicted to alcohol and painkillers.
    EDIT: See you found out yourself already. Not liking seeing Mandarich in his underpants every post btw. ;D
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12