Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Mandarich: I Was Never Sober In Green Bay

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/mandarich-i-was-never-sober-in-green-bay/

“I was getting really paranoid about people finding out, so what I would do with that bottle and a syringe, I would put it in my jock strap,” Mandarich said. “I’d say, ‘Hey, I’ve got to go to the bathroom,’ lock myself in the bathroom, take a shot, and then come back out to practice and get ready for one-on-one pass drills with the defensive line, and I’m half in the bag.”

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mandarich: I Was Never Sober In Green Bay

"jessejames09" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/mandarich-i-was-never-sober-in-green-bay/

“I was getting really paranoid about people finding out, so what I would do with that bottle and a syringe, I would put it in my jock strap,” Mandarich said. “I’d say, ‘Hey, I’ve got to go to the bathroom,’ lock myself in the bathroom, take a shot, and then come back out to practice and get ready for one-on-one pass drills with the defensive line, and I’m half in the bag.”
    Well he's probably got plenty of room in his jockstrap after taking all them roids.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

i don't think I ever was either. Living there 5 years, I know it is a hard place to live in.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

He doesn't need to feel bad, Brett Favre was never sober in Green Bay either. tadol, Fiorinal #3, Percodan, Percocet and Valium? That's nothing.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I do feel somewhat bad for him, the way his career went nd the turn his life took.

But When ever my Pack friends bring up our picks like Williamson and Underwood, I love to bring up Mandarich

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

After all Wisconsin is not gonna be so bad place .....
    El underdog.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

Well he's probably got plenty of room in his jockstrap after taking all them roids.

lmao, very true...he makes no mention of steroids, but I think we can be sure there were a lot of injections.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Best offensive line prospect ever. God, if he would've laid off the steroids we would've most likely had freaking Barry Sanders. Just think of that, he could've led us to a dynasty with Favre and White.

I'm this frustrated and I haven't even seen him play. I wasn't even a football fan when he played.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

lmao, very true...he makes no mention of steroids, but I think we can be sure there were a lot of injections.
    If you watch the ESPN "where are they now" on Mandarich, he was taking steroids for like horses and stuff and he admits it.
    So he did take roids just as we assumed.
    He seems like a pretty good guy though, atleast now.
    He has his own marketing compnay now, so he is still doing pretty well for himself.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

He was a decent guard for the Colts though in his comeback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast