Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

LMAO.....BRETT FAVRE'S MOM

Ok so I am watching the evening news tonight down here in AZ and they say you'll never guess who this woman is talking to on the phone, while showing a pretty rough woman in cuttoffs.

Well...... they come back after the commercial and they identify the woman as Bonita Favre, Old Favray's Mama. Yes she is even more hillbilly than Favray, but I guess I should acknowledge the fact that I think she is homeless at the point.

Not mocking the Hurricane victims, but never would of thought that rough looking lady was Favre's mom.

Anyone else see this story?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: LMAO.....BRETT FAVRE'S MOM

Did Bobby Boucher come immediately to mind?
    :lol:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure she won't be homeless long, considering her son is Brett...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

UH OH....

I'm hearing Maden, Buck, Terry, and everyone else allready making this the subject of future games....

Favray learns family home destroyed
    By Rob Demovsky, Green Bay Press-Gazette
    GREEN BAY, Wis. — After more than 30 nerve-wracking hours, Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre finally received word late Tuesday afternoon that his family had survived Hurricane Katrina.
    About four hours after Favre expressed concern about the well-being of his mother, Bonita; brothers, Scott and Jeff; grandmother, aunt and other relatives who rode out the storm in his mother's home near Mississippi's Gulf Coast, he received word that they were OK.

According to a team spokesperson, Favre finally made contact with his mother with the help of a Houston television station that was in the area covering the hurricane damage.

Favre said his mother told him the family spent Monday night in the attic of her Kiln, Miss., home after the house filled with water within a matter of 5 to 10 minutes. On Tuesday, the water receded enough that she was able to leave the house and go to son Jeff's house, which is on slightly higher ground and away from the water.

Bonita Favre's house was destroyed and probably will have to be bulldozed.

Brett Favre had been able to contact his wife, Deanna, who was with the couple's two daughters at their home near Hattiesburg, Miss., which is about 70 miles north of Kiln.

Bonita Favre's house is located a couple of miles from Bay St. Louis, where Katrina hit Monday morning. Favre said his family decided to ride out the storm rather than evacuate in part because they had been through previous hurricanes and that the house is far enough inland that they thought a tidal surge shouldn't reach it.

Until late Tuesday afternoon, Favre hadn't heard from anyone on the Gulf Coast since about 9 a.m. CT Monday, when his brother, Scott, talked to Tim Odea, one of the Packers' equipment assistants.

Scott Favre told Odea at that time to tell Brett that they were "starting to get 50-, 60-mph winds, and the phones are going in and out. Tell Brett everything's OK. A tree did fall on my aunt's house, which is right by Mom's, but everyone's OK."

Favre would like to head home to Mississippi, but the reality is it's probably too difficult to get there.

So he said Tuesday that he plans to remain with the Packers through Thursday's preseason finale at Tennessee and then will try to fly to Hattiesburg after the game.

"I haven't slept much," Favre said Tuesday afternoon, before he contacted his relatives in Kiln. "Today was very, very difficult because of the uncertainty that's out there. ... Here we are in 2005, and I can't get in touch with anyone."

He said he found out there was minimal damage to his own Hattiesburg home, however.

Dave Thomason, a family friend and a pilot who handles Favre's travel plans, said he told Favre there was no guarantee he could get him to Hattiesburg on Thursday night because the airport currently has little or no power. That means because runway lights are not working, pilots can land only by visual flight rules during daylight. If electricity isn't restored by Thursday night, Favre will have to wait until Friday morning to fly in, Thomason said.

Thomason also has been in regular contact with Favre's wife Deanna, who is housing more than two dozen relatives and friends who left the Gulf Coast before the storm hit. He said Deanna left home on Tuesday morning in search of food and supplies but came up empty.

"She drove west out of Hattiesburg because that area was supposed to be in better shape," Thomason said. "She drove for three hours and there were no grocery stores open. Three hours from their home, there was still no power.

"She's a tough cookie, but this is a little overwhelming. I've seen the emotional side of her a couple times, and this was definitely one of them."

Thomason said fans can make donations to help the cleanup effort through Favre's Web site (www.officialbrettfavre.com), and that Deanna would see that all of the donations will go to the relief effort.

"Every time the jet goes down there for family members, our goal is to send (supplies) for the people of Mississippi," Thomason said. "Brett and Deanna want to do whatever they can to help."

Even if Favre can get to Hattiesburg, there's no guarantee he will be able to get to the rest of his family.

"I couldn't go down to my mom's right now, (because) they're not letting anyone down there," Favre said. "Some of the people staying at my house that live down there have tried to go and 50 miles away were stopped and told, 'You might not get in here for two to three weeks.'"

The hurricane was another in what seems like a long line of tragedies to hit Favre. In December 2003, his father died unexpectedly. Last October, Deanna's brother Casey Tynes was killed in an ATV accident on Favre's property. Less than two weeks later, Deanna was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"I've found myself over probably the last 24 hours a couple of times saying, why me or why of all places — not that I wish the hurricane would have hit somewhere else, because it's devastating to anyone else, too," he said.

"But of all the places (for the hurricane to hit, why) right there. As quickly as that thought pops in my head — and it probably pops in my head more than I'd like it to — I try to remind myself of all the things to be thankful for."

Favre isn't the only Packers player with family near the hurricane. Coach Mike Sherman said linebacker Ray Thompson has family in New Orleans and running back Walter Williams' two children were in Baton Rouge, with Williams' parents.

Sherman said he would excuse any player who wanted to leave to be with family members affected by Katrina.

"There's really no place to go, because you can't get in there anyway," Sherman said.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Did Bobby Boucher come immediately to mind?
    :lol:

Yes, except with the trailer trash look :grin:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

well its good they survived the hurricaine, even if its favre's family

Go vikes!!

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    well its good they survived the hurricaine, even if its favre's family
    Yes, I am not making light of that situation, although I am often accused of such.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

thast pathetic youre making fun of people even if they r favres family

we arent packer fans we dont do that

"rkuriger04" wrote:
    thast pathetic youre making fun of people even if they r favres family

we arent packer fans we dont do that
    :roll: ......Purple Pride was built on making fun of Packer Hill Billies, go check out the image links
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

His point is that it's stupid and a bit low.

They could have died and you're laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast