SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Lam-BOO Field

Or maybe it's Lam - Boo Hoo?

Here's the word from JSOnline today:

Green Bay has passed the point of no return
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2004

Michael Hunt
    E-MAIL | ARCHIVE

Green Bay - History shows that it is possible to begin a professional football season with a 1-4 record and still make the playoffs. Eight teams have done it since 1970.

The Green Bay Packers will not be the ninth.

To recover from such an abyss, a team must at least demonstrate minimal football qualities, such as preventing the opposition from amassing the square mileage of Rhode Island in a single game. The Packers have proved themselves utterly incapable in that regard going on a month now, defensively skewered in all conceivable manner by four consecutive challengers.

If Ed Donatell's head was offered on a platter after fourth and 26, what do you do when the new guy's unit couldn't contain Eddie Van Halen, much less Eddie Berlin? This defense is so bad that Lambeau Field is no longer the hallowed ground. It is the hollowed ground.

The resilient team must also be able to move the football as if it weren't Atlas' burden. If the previous two games gave the Packers a grim glimpse of life's harsh realities without Brett Favre, could the end for No. 4 be sooner than anyone was willing to admit? Based on the spectacularly uneven results Monday night, you must at least be prepared to accept that reality.

If the game against the Tennessee Titans indeed represented a do-or-die scenario, the Packers are dead. They didn't just lose a contest they absolutely had to have to maintain a semblance of order; they rolled over and surrendered, making it abundantly clear that they do not have the will to bring a successful resolution to what remains of an unsalvageable season.

So now they are finished, as crispy as a team can possibly be before mid-October. This, of course, is an inconceivable concept for an organization that began the year with Super Bowl aspirations, an ambition endorsed not so long ago by Favre himself.

Maybe all things seemed possible on an opening Monday night in Carolina, a game that seems so far removed the mind bends to place it in a different era of Green Bay football, a time when the Packers were actually, get this, a competent team. Against the defending NFC champs, the Packers could at least run the ball and stop the run. But that was before Ahman Green again became a fumble machine, before Grady Jackson and Mike Flanagan got hurt, before the team's best cornerback schemed his way out of town.

All of this leaves you with one question:

Have the 2004 Packers degenerated to the level of a Lindy Infante team or a Ray Rhodes team? If Mike Sherman can't turn this around, he will eventually feel their pain.

Poorly manned, poorly coached, it all applies now. The 48-27 abomination against the equally desperate Titans that officially exposed the Packers as frauds on "Monday Night Football" also laid them bare as an equal-opportunity offender before a Lambeau Field audience that has yet to see Green Bay win at home this season.

Unimaginably bad in all areas, particularly in the resolve to extricate themselves from a hellish spot they haven't occupied since before Holmgren, the Packers got what they deserved less than 90 seconds into the interminable game:

Boooooooooooo.

It wasn't harsh enough, not when you make Chris Brown look like Jim Brown, not when the score reaches 17-0 in the first 9 minutes. No wonder the formerly faithful sarcastically cheered a Tennessee penalty in the first quarter. After all, it was the only way the Packers were going to impede the Titans' progress on this particular evening.

The question now becomes whether the Packers can stop anyone between now and Jan. 2, the day that this season, absent a trip to Lourdes, will mercifully end.
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Lam-BOO Field

But they have the BEST fans in the world!! My girlfriends dad said the packers season was over after they lost to the bears, I am starting to believe him now!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Lam-BOO Field

On KFAN tonight, Karl Gerbschmidt's excuse was that the Fans were cheering for Bwah Jue.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Lam-BOO Field

LOL!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Lam-BOO Field

Thats hillarous.....Because I remember all those packer fans coming on here and saying they never boo or leave early.

Hipocrites(spelling) hahahaha

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Lam-BOO Field

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    But they have the BEST fans in the world!! My girlfriends dad said the packers season was over after they lost to the bears, I am starting to believe him now!
    He must be the biggest fair-weather fan that ever lived...LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Lam-BOO Field

"SKOL_Master" wrote:
    On KFAN tonight, Karl Gerbschmidt's excuse was that the Fans were cheering for Bwah Jue.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
    Like it was jues fault for getting torched by mcnair and his wideouts. :roll: :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Lam-BOO Field

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    He must be the biggest fair-weather fan that ever lived...LOL!

It is an on going bit for a few years, the guy that does it is a local celeb and he made up the voice.

It started when some Packer rube said that his stone garden looked like a packer play from yester-year!

So this guy has been portraying this Packer rude for years, it is very funny!

But it is not a real person, sorry guys
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Lam-BOO Field

quote="SKOL_Master"]On KFAN tonight, Karl Gerbschmidt's excuse was that the Fans were cheering for Bwah Jue.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue![/quote]

Actually, it was dress-up Halloween night, and they were all imitating ghosts.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.