Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Just wondering.....

Just to set the record straight about the Pizza Hut commercial. Hovan did not get that due to anything having to do with Bret Favre. He got it due to a connection with Rich Gannon. Gannon and Hovan have the same agent and Gannon was already on board for the commercial and they needed an additional person and Hovan's name was brought up as they were looking for an up and comer who contrasted Gannon and Strahan and the company thought Hovan was the perfect match. So don't flatter yourself thinking Favre had anything to do with it. I don't know why it bothers you guys so much about Hovan he targets Favre because he considers him the best you guys should take it as a compliment cuz if Favre wasn't as good as he is it wouldn't be an issue. Isn't what competition is all about going against the best and trying to beat them?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Just wondering.....

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    pithitic..... Is this Viking for "All our players are the best in the world and we refuse to admit that we haven't made the playoffs in years and that the Packers have the best QB ever and that our reciever is a greedy bastard holding us back with a QB who cant hang on to the ball and we have a FA signing who is amazing even though is is very overrated but since we are Viking fans we cant see that" or were you trying to spell "pathetic"?
    [size=7px][/size]

In MN they teach about run on sentences, (that line back there is a comma) and that you shouldn't use them. I am sure you edjamicate
    your WI students well packman.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

Just wondering.....

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    Alright, I'm stopping in just for a quick comment since you guys love me dearly. Ahmad Carrol and Antoine Winfield are the same height. Carrol's play by draft experts is compared to Antoine Winfields. Yet, this site posts multiple rips on the Packers pick of Carrol and many props to Antoine depicting him as the vikings savior on defense. A draft can't be evaluated before the players step on the field anyway but if you are looking for props, you guys had the better draft on paper. I personally don't see Antoine as anything more than an a slightly above average player that improves your defense slightly. Billvike is already calling this guy the best CB in the NFC. If that was the case, where was the props when he was with the Bills? You have improved yourselves during the offseason more than the Packers with no cap room have but with the amount of money you guys were below the salary cap, i would consider it a disappointment that Javon Kearse, Ogunleye, etc. will not be wearing the *** purple this year. Yes, Marcus Robinson was also signed. Wow!!! Is he really that good. With as good as burleson is supposed to be by some Vikings fans he seems like a wasted signing. Yes Hovan barbarian is back this year. Does anyone know if he gave the money he recieved for his pizza hutt commercial to Favre yet? It is quite obvious to everyone that he would not be a household name without his Favre feud and would never have received his PH commmercial. Maybe he will finallly sack the guy he dreams about all year and keeps a jersey of in his locker this year. Funny, I don't hear the consistent talk of hovan greatness taht was throughout this board last year around this time. Good luck this year purplepriders. Isn't it about time to start a "God i hate the fudgepackers thread "where all of you can mouth off about how you hate the Packers and their fans again? Truly the only reason, i despise this site is because webby has anti-packer, anti-Wisconsin, and anti packer fan all over the place. Someone try to find another football team forum where outside the forums it promotes hatred for another team and another team's fans the way this site does. Yes, I am calling you out webby. Whatever your problem is with WI, keep it in the forums and don't encourage it throughout the site. Let the anti-packer, anti - Wi bashing begin in response to my post. I would expect nothing less from this group.
    He's baccccck..lol! Actually, its good to hear from you s230bt. I love this site but I do have to admit its been a bit dull lately because of being the offseason. I think that drafting Udeze was an excellent move to solidify the DL. If he lives up to expectations, then it will make Kevin Williams have an even better season than last year and maybe Hovan will be "The Barbarian" that we all though he was going to be last season. Getting Winfield to improve the CB situation seems to be a good move but improving the pass rush should be the first priority.

As for Favre, I think he still has three or four more years in him. As long as he has the burning desire to play he will. Unless he throws too many more INTs like he did against the Eagles in the playoffs or like he did in that first loss against the Vikings last season. But if our defense plays the whole season like they should, then it will be VIKINGS....2004 NFC North Champs (and then more)!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Just wondering.....

All that packer smack is just frustration talking. See every fan can have a little hope in the offseason. Even when we were bad I still felt we were underachievers. Which we were and have been for the last couple years. However, When your team is overachieving and has been over achieving and then you realize the luck has run out. I'd be a little frustrated too. Having no hope in the offseason makes being a football fan and watching football that much harder to watch. Admit it!! U packer fans didn't even think they'd be that good last year. and they'll be lucky to be .500 this year....but hey, you still have 8 weeks out of 52 to be happy! skol vikes

D2M
    D2M is offline Training Camp

Just wondering.....

Let me stress my objective views on a couple of points raised by packmanxxxi;

Brett Favre- is not the best QB ever, period. I think you wrote that out of pure desperation as you have nothing else on the Vikings. :wink:

Greedy WR- just because Moss is the best in the game and he's not a Pecker, you shouldn't trash him. Is he greedy? Well, is Marvin Harrison greedy? Who had more catches? The Vikes are much more dimensional on offense than anyone cares to give us credit for.

QB that "can't hold onto the ball"- coming from a Pecker fan? Surely I don't need to remind you of, let's say; Ahman Green? Please. Culpepper has had trouble turning the ball over but he's making improvements every year and that's what counts. He still makes plays. Playmakers are known to turn the ball over.

FA signing- overrated? By whom, may I ask? I never hear Winfield's name mentioned with the best, but he is. He's the best tackling corner in the NFL. Solid in coverage and makes plenty of big plays. I'm very pleased with the signing. I don't mind having the best CB in the NFC North on my team.

D2M 8)

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Just wondering.....

Hahhahaha, make that VERY glad to have you on, D2M. =D. Superior, and pakmeman are just that way, were last year, and I can't see them changing any. Wasn't it Pakman that didn't post after the opening dedication wipeout, til the packers beat us? I could be wrong, though. Funny, in a way, and part of the scenery, but not to be taken seriously. There are other Packer fans on this site that are witty, intelligent, and IMO, to be respected. But those two are not in that class. I don't always agree with the packers fans that are cool, but, I really do enjoy thier company and contribution. Kinda like one of the regulars at the counter at work. He may be a Packers fan, but he is still great to talk to. We are friends.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Just wondering.....

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    Truly the only reason, i despise this site is because webby has anti-packer, anti-Wisconsin, and anti packer fan all over the place. Someone try to find another football team forum where outside the forums it promotes hatred for another team and another team's fans the way this site does. Yes, I am calling you out webby. Whatever your problem is with WI, keep it in the forums and don't encourage it throughout the site. Let the anti-packer, anti - Wi bashing begin in response to my post. I would expect nothing less from this group.
    You obviously haven't tried to find another forum where is such hatred of one team for another!

Try www.orangemane.com

It's a Bronco fan forum where they talk a lot about how much they hate the Chiefs.

Try the fan forum on the St. Louis Rams insider page. They have a couple of forums on bashing the 49ers.

Oh yeah, go to pretty much ANY Dallas Cowboy fan forum and see what they say about the Redskins.

Football fans hate their rival teams. That's what a rivalry IS.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Just wondering.....

Antoine Winfield has done enough defending himself with his very good play for the Bills over the last 6 seasons. I don't feel I need to defend him. If some idiot that doesn't know anything about him wants to knock him. They can go ahead. Can't say it any better than that pic of him laying out that Packer WR.

There is a reason I don't go on packer Fan websites and talk shit about how dumb they are. It's because it's not my place. I'll let them be dumbasses and think their WRs are worth a damn.

As far as the playoffs comment by packman - The Vikings ahve made the playoffs what, 11 out of the last 14 years? I bet it's pretty much the same for the Packers. We've had a few down years, its nothing unusuall in the NFL.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Just wondering.....

well said vikeman
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Just wondering.....

You obviously haven't tried to find another forum where is such hatred of one team for another!

Try www.orangemane.com

It's a Bronco fan forum where they talk a lot about how much they hate the Chiefs.

Try the fan forum on the St. Louis Rams insider page. They have a couple of forums on bashing the 49ers.

Oh yeah, go to pretty much ANY Dallas Cowboy fan forum and see what they say about the Redskins.

Football fans hate their rival teams. That's what a rivalry IS.[/quote]

I checked out your sites you told me about. Didn't see anything negative on the front pages. Read my post again. I said any other sites that promote hatred for another team and their fans on the site outside of the forums. No other site does it the way good old Webby sets it up on here. I expect that shit to go on in the forums and the webmaster to act as a neutral moderator to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Webby promotes it all over the site outside the forums and takes an active role in it inside the forums. He also lets it go beyond football into a Minnesota vs. Wisconsin thing which I am sure happens nowhere else other than good old purplepride.org.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast