Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MuzikQ is offline Training Camp

Javon Walker No Show at Packers Minicamp..

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker didn't show up for the first mandatory minicamp practice Friday.

It could indicate he intends to hold out for a better contract.

Coach Mike Sherman says he's "very disappointed" that Walker is a no-show. Sherman says they haven't heard from Walker or his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Sherman says Walker will be fined, although he didn't say how much. The maximum under NFL rules is a thousand dollars a day.

Walker had a breakout season last year with 89 receptions for about 13-hundred yards and 12 touchdowns.

He hired Rosenhaus this off-season and has said earlier he was interested in signing a long-term deal.

Walker has two years left on his six-year, $7.5 million contract.

[i]I think if it doesn't work out there we should sign him.and if green bay doesnt give him a better contract[/b]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Javon Walker No Show at Packers Minicamp..

He is good, but if he goes FA a team w/ glaring needs at WR will snatch him up.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

that would be hilarious if we signed him.

of course, that wont happen because we have burleson and just drafted a wr.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

[size=18px]He should hold out as long as it takes or demand a trade.[/size] :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

If he isn't with the packers by the start of next season, they will probably finish last place in the NFL the only good players they will have will be Brett Favre, who is inconsistent, Ahman Green, who fumbles, and Nick Barnett, who does most things very well.

Well if hes not with the packers at the start of next season that meens Farve will have to wait a few extra seconds for someone to get open, yet another sign that the end might come sooner than expected.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

Walker is the only Packer reciever I worry about...

It sucks, but he'll probably be with the team soon. They know they can't afford to not have him out there playing with the team.

But we are talking about the Packers, so you never know... I don't think there's any way he'd be traded though.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MuzikQ" wrote:
    Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker didn't show up for the first mandatory minicamp practice Friday.

It could indicate he intends to hold out for a better contract.

Coach Mike Sherman says he's "very disappointed" that Walker is a no-show. Sherman says they haven't heard from Walker or his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Sherman says Walker will be fined, although he didn't say how much. The maximum under NFL rules is a thousand dollars a day.

Walker had a breakout season last year with 89 receptions for about 13-hundred yards and 12 touchdowns.

He hired Rosenhaus this off-season and has said earlier he was interested in signing a long-term deal.

Walker has two years left on his six-year, $7.5 million contract.

[i]I think if it doesn't work out there we should sign him.and if green bay doesnt give him a better contract[/b]
    Let's hope that all of the Packers hire Rosenhaus as their agent...and that NO Vikes do!!!

Rosenhaus is a big part of the problem...his clients think that he will just step in and get them more money...the owners are gonna get wise to that sh*t and shut him down soon!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Packers terrific offseason continues......... :roll:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

I dont think signing him is good idea he has one good year out of 3. What says he is going to be good this year or in the future. I still think strongly he had a lucky year padded by playing many bad defenses i.e. Minnesota, Indy, Chicago, and Detroit. If he can do that over the next 2 seasons I will say he is good but for now I say he is lucky.
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast