Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Interview of Mike McCarthy

The packers are a really confusing team.. really inconsistent.
    I like Rodgers at QB but again, consistency issues. What happened to that Packers o-line? I remember you guys shut down our pass rush in the season opener game last year. Then we met for the second time and Jared Allen was making Rodgers his bitch every other play.. Now some average DE from Cinci is racking up 5 sacks on you? O-line was one of your strong points in the 13-3 year if I remember correctly. What the hell happened there?

Sorry to say it but I don't know if that 3-4 is going to put you over the hump for this year. Yeah, you looked good against the Bears but that can be attributed mostly to Cutler's dumb ass throwing the ball to the wrong jerseys.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I think a lot of Packers fans suffered pre-season wet dreams.

Having said that, I still think they are going to be pretty good, and finish 2nd in the NFCN.
    Dude they lost to Bengals at home!!! I think the Packers and Lions will battle all season for 3rd place.
    Dude the Bears got an assist from God himself to keep them from being 0-2.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"PolarGrizz" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    Grizz is good.
    He was making fun of me.
    We know one another.
    (PackersHome)

Now he can come here and give you guys grief,
    ;D

Really---He's all right in my book.

As a once great American once said "I would never want to be a member of a Club that would have me as a member"

Within the time continuum of logic and space travel, this weeks trio of actual North division contender matchups has all the suckage potential of a Black Hole in deep outer space

Game 1

The packers have swiss cheese for an offensive line

The packers will actually be putting a white, Italian, safety onto the field in an actual game. Run Guido Run!!!!!!

Aaron Rodgers has already used up 2 of his nine lives

Mike McCarthy will never make a legitimate commitment to a real running game...

The Rams have Steven Jackson

You had better win this game......BIG

If GB loses this game I will be required by law to drop a Hydrogen Bomb on this board.

GREEN BAY 45
    jACKSONS 14

__________________________________________________ __________ __

Game 2

My Bears are going up against a Seahawks team that currently has 11 injured players and will most likely be quarterbacked by Serena Williams, because of baldy's broken rib. Maybe she will take that fricken ball and stuff it down the fricken referee's throat! Anyway there is no excuse in my book that would take my Bears off the hook if they lose to this motley crew.

Look for the new Flavor of the month QB-WR hookup of The Throat Cutler to Johnny Knoxville to have a exceptional day, maybe two Td's

Anyway this stinker makes the Packers game look like can't miss viewing.

Bears 31
    SeaSicks 18

__________________________________________________ __________ __

Game 3

This is the game that has Huge Upset written all over it....

Beating up the Browns and Lions isn’t anything to write home about, so honestly, is Minnesota is for real? I don't think so....

Based on quality of the Queens first two opponents, the 49’ers win this game.

I believe that this game will mark the return of the much loved "Bad Brett the Gunslinger" Look for a minimum of 2 INT's.

49’ers Coach, Mike Singletary will find a way to get to Brett Favre. With MLB Patrick Willis mining the middle of the defense and waiting for a dinged up Adrian Peterson, and Brett Favre nursing a Hang Nail on his throwing hand, the 49’ers have a legitimate shot at winning this game outright.

San Francisco is going to keep the game close with Frank Gore’s rushing, and Shaun Hill's' game management, (who by the way was cut from the Vikings during coach Brad Childress' 2006 regime change), and that under valued stellar defense which Samurai Mike is quietly building.

The Minnesota Vikings are a good team, but they aren’t even close to being a great team yet.
    Look for Great gnashing of teeth in Minny this Sunday......

Niners 24
    Vikes 21
    Game 1: I would LMAO if the Pack blew it against the Rams.
    But I also wouldn't be that surprised given that the win against the Bears was a gift from Cutler and Mannelly and the lost to Cinny in sacred Lamby is just sad.
    Capers D hasn't done anything but give up 45pts and looked average.
    I gotta say given the off season hype I expected more.
    That said GB should win GB 31
    STL 14

Game 2:
    Bears will show up.
    Hasselbeck won't.
    Thus, Bears 24
    Seahawks 14

Game 3: Gore?
    The Cards shut him down to 30yds with a 1.4 avg.
    The Shawks game was a fluke, Vikes run D will shut him down.
    Once the run game is shut down, Hill will get more pressure than he can handle.
    So far the Vikes have won with one half tied behind their back.
    The Vikes won't be pussy footing around with a 2-0 team, so I expect a two fisted knockout.
    MN 34 SF 13

Which will be a nice warm-up for a real beat down on MNF!
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Having said that, I still think they are going to be pretty good, and finish 2nd in the NFCN.
    Dude they lost to Bengals at home!!! I think the Packers and Lions will battle all season for 3rd place.
    Dude the Bears suck too, they lost to the pathetic Packers.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Dude the Bears suck too, they lost to the pathetic Packers.
    LMAO! Touche'.
    Maybe Detroit will rise from the ashes to.............Naw!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dfosterf is offline Coach

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I like Rodgers at QB but again, consistency issues. What happened to that Packers o-line? I remember you guys shut down our pass rush in the season opener game last year. Then we met for the second time and Jared Allen was making Rodgers his beeyatch every other play.. Now some average DE from Cinci is racking up 5 sacks on you? O-line was one of your strong points in the 13-3 year if I remember correctly. What the hell happened there?

Sorry to say it but I don't know if that 3-4 is going to put you over the hump for this year. Yeah, you looked good against the Bears but that can be attributed mostly to Cutler's dumb jiggly butt throwing the ball to the wrong jerseys.

Peanut butter sandwiches, ice cream, and milk.

I could not make this up if I tried, and trust me, I am in no mood to kid.

Antwan Odom, a/k/a defensive player of the week...a/k/a owned us on that line to the tune of about 40 sacks (well, sometimes I kid)

He goes from 261lbs to 282lbs from last year to this, with the whole strength etc. thing coming along for the ride.

That diet is what he attributed to kicking our jiggly butts to.

We got GREAT o-line troubles in GB.
    It MIGHT get fixed by Barbre continuing on a trajectory of improved play (He did not totally suck this past week, Colledge did---see Odom--not that Clifton was doing anything either, btw)

Our D--All looks very fixable to me.
    We have two new safeties, btw.
    I say upgrade, long story.

Special teams roached us badly also.
    Bungals came to play, we took 'em lightly, and got our butts handed to us.

It can happen to the best of 'em.
    (Sucky teams too, I'll get back to you on that one)

You guys cannot say anything that isn't being said on our own forum.
    It has been a Festivus carnival there.

I like how Ferdinand Foch put it best, though---

My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.

It's a Marine thing.
    We are a stubborn lot, even in the teeth of all evidence pointing away from the way we would like things to be, .
    ;D

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"dfosterf" wrote:

I know..
    I love that carnival!!
    =D
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

PolarGrizz is offline Training Camp

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Any grown adult male that uses the word Dude to address another man is my Hero....Dude

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"PolarGrizz" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Any grown adult male that uses the word Dude to address another man is my Hero....Dude
    Thanks dude!

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I like Rodgers at QB but again, consistency issues. What happened to that Packers o-line? I remember you guys shut down our pass rush in the season opener game last year. Then we met for the second time and Jared Allen was making Rodgers his beeyatch every other play.. Now some average DE from Cinci is racking up 5 sacks on you? O-line was one of your strong points in the 13-3 year if I remember correctly. What the hell happened there?

Sorry to say it but I don't know if that 3-4 is going to put you over the hump for this year. Yeah, you looked good against the Bears but that can be attributed mostly to Cutler's dumb jiggly butt throwing the ball to the wrong jerseys.

Peanut butter sandwiches, ice cream, and milk.

I could not make this up if I tried, and trust me, I am in no mood to kid.

Antwan Odom, a/k/a defensive player of the week...a/k/a owned us on that line to the tune of about 40 sacks (well, sometimes I kid)

He goes from 261lbs to 282lbs from last year to this, with the whole strength etc. thing coming along for the ride.

That diet is what he attributed to kicking our jiggly butts to.

We got GREAT o-line troubles in GB.
    It MIGHT get fixed by Barbre continuing on a trajectory of improved play (He did not totally suck this past week, Colledge did---see Odom--not that Clifton was doing anything either, btw)

Our D--All looks very fixable to me.
    We have two new safeties, btw.
    I say upgrade, long story.

Special teams roached us badly also.
    Bungals came to play, we took 'em lightly, and got our butts handed to us.

It can happen to the best of 'em.
    (Sucky teams too, I'll get back to you on that one)

I like how Ferdinand Foch put it best, though---

My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.

It's a Marine thing.
    We are a stubborn lot, even in the teeth of all evidence pointing away from the way we would like things to be, .
    ;D
    I see that you're rambling away as usual.

I don't question Rodgers at QB. There are no consistency issues for the QB position, if you ask me. It's all on the O-line right now. The interior line actually seems to be able to pick some people up pass protection. As for run blocking... the zone blocking scheme still isn't working out that well. At least, I hope it's the scheme.

The tackles, on the other hand... I'm still not as down on Clifton as most seem to be. Barbre hasn't been impressive, though, on the right side, although he is improving. With Clifton out for at least untill the bye, well, I hope that Rodgers will survive that stretch. Flynn should keep in shape.

Our defense will be ok. I'm counting on it to be ok. Let me start by saying that Bush should be nowhere near the starting safety spot ever again. Now with Rouse out and Italian dude in, we'll be covered a bit better. Especially since Bigby will be injured at least 50% of every season.

Btw, see Polar is posting here as well... good luck my purple homers, you're going to need it.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast