Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The interactive Aaron Rodgers sack tracker

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Cool

Anyone else kindof feel sorry for the poor doooooffff?
    Nope.

+1
    Odd that I, and I alone, feel sorry for him.
    Go figure huh.
    I suspect that over time I will garner the typical disdain for PUKER QB's for young Rodgers that I have for the last Icon they had under center if he stays around long enough.

My guess, if they don't get a OL in front of him, he won't.
    He was a bit fragile the first couple of years.

;D
    I just think you've spent too much time complaining about blocking schemes and 'correct calls at the line' by centers, and now you've developed an unnatural sympathy for any QB affected by shoddy line play.

I want you to go up to the chalkboard and write "I will remember that Aaron Rodgers is a Packer" 100 times. That should cure you.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I do not feel sorry for Rodgers, But (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) I will give him some credit for not pussing out and staying down after one of the 37 times he's been sacked,

By the way Z thanks for making me add ANOTHER site to my bookmarks
    That makes about ten from the members here, Which I've forwarded to some fellow friends who thank me for all my "In depth research" I've been doing
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Ah, our offensive line is terrible I always seem to be the person defending Rodgers in school because of this too....you can't blame Rodgers for his failure at avoiding getting sacked but blame the offensive line, Rodgers is a GREAT QB and he would be insanely great if we had a better line.
    He is BETTER than Favre stat wise even though he gets hit hard all the time.
    He has 2 more TDs that Favre, though 2 more interceptions, he also has 500 more yards than Favre.
    If you HONESTLY think Favre is better than Rodgers your kidding yourself.
    But if you think the Vikings offensive line is better you are not.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh goodness lol

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PackerBackerFromMN" wrote:
    Ah, our offensive line is terrible I always seem to be the person defending Rodgers in school because of this too....you can't blame Rodgers for his failure at avoiding getting sacked but blame the offensive line, Rodgers is a GREAT QB and he would be insanely great if we had a better line.
    He has 2 more TDs that Favre, though 2 more interceptions, he also has 500 more yards than Favre.

It all comes down to this.

Vikes beat the Pack twice with Favre.

Vikes are 9 - 1 and we have the tie breaker.

Division is ours again!

Vikes 9 - 1
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am of a minority on here on this (well on quite a few things now that I think of it) but I still say that thier defense is better than I thought it would be this year and they are a OL away from being a good playoff team.

Truth be told, the way the rest of the NFC is playing (with 2 exceptions Saints/Vikes), they might be a playoff team this year.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am of a minority on here on this (well on quite a few things now that I think of it) but I still say that thier defense is better than I thought it would be this year and they are a OL away from being a good playoff team.

Truth be told, the way the rest of the NFC is playing (with 2 exceptions Saints/Vikes), they might be a playoff team this year.

:
    Maybe from being a play-off team, but we'll need a legitimate rushing OLB. A Merriman, Ware, Harrison type of guy. Kampman is obviously not that.

Maybe some safety help, as well. Atari is great, but he gets injured every 4 games.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    Maybe from being a play-off team, but we'll need a legitimate rushing OLB. A Merriman, Ware, Harrison type of guy. Kampman is obviously not that.

Maybe some safety help, as well. Atari is great, but he gets injured every 4 games.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but damn, how sad is it that you guys are still in it.
    What happened to the "Powerhouse East" that the talking heads championed all offseason?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Don't take this the wrong way, but gol 'darnit, how sad is it that you guys are still in it.
    What happened to the "Powerhouse East" that the talking heads championed all offseason?

:
    Lol.

The "Powerhouse East" is where all your big named FAs go. It just shows you that you can't build a team through FA, alone. The Redskins, especially. They can't draft to save their life, so fill every hole they have with FAs. You can clearly see what positions don't hit the market that often. O-line and QB. Next to that, they're spending half of their cap on players like DeAngelo Hall. Big name, average play.

Same goes for the Cowboys, although they're not as bad as the Redskins.

Now if only we came out of hibernation this off-season. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Woodson, Pickett, Manual and Chillar pick-ups, but c'mon.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Don't take this the wrong way, but gol 'darnit, how sad is it that you guys are still in it.

:
    Lol.

The "Powerhouse East" is where all your big named FAs go. It just shows you that you can't build a team through FA, alone. The Redskins, especially. They can't draft to save their life, so fill every hole they have with FAs. You can clearly see what positions don't hit the market that often. O-line and QB. Next to that, they're spending half of their cap on players like DeAngelo Hall. Big name, average play.

Same goes for the Cowboys, although they're not as bad as the Redskins.

Now if only we came out of hibernation this off-season. [size=10pt]Don't get me wrong, I loved the Woodson, Pickett, Manual and Chillar pick-ups, but c'mon.[/size]
    All successfull teams......

First - Resign thier quality Vets
    Second - Draft wisely
    Third - Wisely use the FA market to fix wholes that they couldn't in the first and second steps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast