Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: I think I am going to hang out here for a week or so...

"davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Just tried calling a couple of Pack friends.

Strangley no one answered at either place.
    Of course I left nasty messages.

;D
    Did you leave smiley faces at the end of them or was it "Mean Marrdro" talking?
    I have a love/hate relationship with most of my Packer friends.
    No smiley faces.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

So now another off season of the will he won't he retire game, and holding the franchise hostage up till draft time screwing the front office over in how to prepair for the draft
    ;D
    Other then an old guy in Woodson at Corner, what are your needs this offseason?
    WR: Driver, Jennings, Jones - Although Driver is getting old you still have Jennings and Jones.
    TE: Donald Lee, sure Bubba might be gone, but Lee has emerged as a damn good TE
    LB: ALl young and damn good
    S: Who are your safeties?
    D-LINE - Solid
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"MindFreak" wrote:
    So now another off season of the will he won't he retire game, and holding the franchise hostage up till draft time screwing the front office over in how to prepair for the draft
    ;D
    WR: Driver, Jennings, Jones - Although Driver is getting old you still have Jennings and Jones.
    TE: Donald Lee, sure Bubba might be gone, but Lee has emerged as a damn good TE
    LB: ALl young and damn good
    D-LINE - Solid
    Favre has no barring on the draft.. maybe FA but not the draft. If Favre returns.. they stay pat, if he retires they will address a QB in Free Agency for backup to Rodgers if he can't stay healthy or struggles. Honestly drafting Rodgers where we did was a great move.. it has allowed GM and team on focusing on the other pieces of the team and not spending or worrying about the QB spot. Some say waste, I strongly disagree, Aaron might not like it, but great strategic move.

Other needs..

CB depth and heir apparent replacements to Harris and Woodson.. my personal opinion is to move Harris to Free Safety because whether Packer Nation will admit it or not, he hasn't played all the well this season in coverage. If he can man-handle the reciever at the line, he has a great game, but on bigger recievers all year, if they beat his jam, he was TOAST. Woodson has played well, but his is a waiting injury that we need to cover just in case. He toughed it out again this year and played, but not the most durable player to suit up.

We need to address Depth at the DE spots.. IMO, shift Williams over in the rotation at DE and let him play.. but either way we need to have better 3rd and 4th DE. KGB is a pass rusher only and Montgomery is a player who hasn't stepped it up yet, will he don't know.

We need to solidfy the Guard rotation with consistent players, not ones that show up one week and then disappear the next.. case in point, Seahawks game to Sunday.. night and day at the interior line spots. Plus we need to make sure we have the next generation of Tackles in the fold.. Barbre might be that player or it may be Colledge, but either way that has to get addressed. Cliffy is nearing the end of his effective playing days.. Tauscher has a couple more seasons in him.

A TE to groom, I think Bubba sticks one more year and has his replacement under his wing... Bubba is a heck of a blocker, something we have no replacement at TE. Lee is a reciever but subpar in blocking.. all other canidates are rubbish at this point.. need to address it with a young solid player.

Whether we draft a back, develop on from the stable we have, or sign one in FA.. we have to establish some depth at Running Back. If Grant struggles (look at his stats.. one great game followed up with a subpar one) we have no alternative on the roster.. Mo is a special teamer, nothing more. Jackson may develop this year.. but we can't go into the season banking on that.. we need to address it with a veteran IMO.

Other than that.. we are pretty solid.. IMO the most important move of the Offseason is to resign Corey Williams, otherwise someone else is going to find a very solid player in FA.

Mindfreak.. you mentioned Safeties.. we have about 5 solid emerging Safties on the roster.. Collins and Bigby are solid, but Rouse and Culver are going to give them everything they can handle next training camp.. Rouse may develop into a very special player in this league.. has great size, speed and even better instincts.. mark it down.. he will make a pro bowl or two in his career.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    ;D
    TE: Donald Lee, sure Bubba might be gone, but Lee has emerged as a gol 'darnit good TE
    LB: ALl young and gol 'darnit good
    D-LINE - Solid
    Favre has no barring on the draft.. maybe FA but not the draft. If Favre returns.. they stay pat, if he retires they will address a QB in Free Agency for backup to Rodgers if he can't stay healthy or struggles. Honestly drafting Rodgers were we did was a great move.. it has allowed GM and team on focusing on the other pieces of the team and not spending or worrying about the QB spot. Some say waste, I strongly disagree, Aaron might not like it, but great strategic move.

Other needs..

CB depth and heir apparent replacements to Harris and Woodson.. my personal opinion is to move Harris to Free Safety because whether Packer Nation will admit it or not, he has played all the well this season in coverage. If he can man-handle the reciever at the line, he has a great game, but on bigger recievers all year, if they beat his jam, he was TOAST. Woodson has played well, but his is a waiting injury that we need to cover just in case. He toughed it out again this year and played, but not the most durable player to suit up.

We need to address Depth at the DE spots.. IMO, shift Williams over in the rotation at DE and let him play.. but either way we need to have better 3rd and 4th DE. KGB is a pass rusher only and Montgomery is a player who hasn't stepped it up yet, will he don't know.

We need to solidfy the Guard rotation with consistent players, not ones that show up one week and then disappear the next.. case in point, Seahawks game to Sunday.. night and day at the interior line spots. Plus we need to make sure we have the next generation of Tackles in the fold.. Barbre might be that player or it may be Colledge, but either way that has to get addressed. Cliffy is nearing the end of his effective playing days.. Tauscher has a couple more seasons in him.

A TE to groom, I think Bubba sticks one more year and has his replacement under his wing... Bubba is a heck of a blocker, something we have no replacement at TE. Lee is a reciever but subpar in blocking.. all other canidates are rubbish at this point.. need to address it with a young solid player.

Whether we draft a back, develop on from the stable we have, or sign one in FA.. we have to establish some depth at Running Back. If Grant struggles (look at his stats.. one great game followed up with a subpar one) we have no alternative on the roster.. Mo is a special teamer, nothing more. Jackson may develop this year.. but we can't go into the season banking on that.. we need to address it with a veteran IMO.

Other than that.. we are pretty solid.. IMO the most important move of the Offseason is to resign Corey Williams, otherwise someone else is going to find a very solid player in FA.
    Very nice.
    A couple of comments......

You will meet with resistance if you even think about moving a CB back to Saftey.
    Most fans don't understand that is a normal process.

There are a few good FA's this year in the DE world but they are gonna get top dollar if a team signs one.
    Good thing your staff hasn't mortgaged the bank and has some CAP available.
    Bet they draft for depth instead of signing one of these high priced guys.

Don't you kindof attribute some of your rushing woes more towards the ZB scheme and how they matched up against certain defenses?

What I've seen on film and what I've read, the ZB just doesn't work against teams the are disciplined in maintaining thier gap responsibilities and don't over pursue allowing for the cutback.

Long story short, depth at RB will be good, but I don't think another back will help out if the scheme is being outplayed on by the other side.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Don't you kindof attribute some of your rushing woes more towards the ZB scheme and how they matched up against certain defenses?

What I've seen on film and what I've read, the ZB just doesn't work against teams the are disciplined in maintaining thier gap responsibilities and don't over pursue allowing for the cutback.

Long story short, depth at RB will be good, but I don't think another back will help out if the scheme is being outplayed on by the other side.
    Nice job and to answer your reply questions..

On the ZBS.. we really don't deploy a true Zone scheme.. it is kind of blended in my opinion. I think the running game woes are easily detectable.. watch the pad level of OLine on good days verse the bad days.. Sunday is a prime example.. watch the interior of the line.. especially Spitz and Colledge.. they got out high and Tuck and company chewed them up. Here is the rub with these guys.. midseason, particularly after the Cowboy game they benched Colledge.. then he got back on the field due to injury and played with a fire and intensity and earned his job back. But he returned to his normal inconsistent ways soon after, but due to injuries he had to play.. the same can be said of Spitz.. one game they played with the pads low and won the game of leverage.. the next.. A college DT could manhandle them. I can't explain why.. but they should have had a boot in their arshe a couple of times Sunday.

I bring the backs up because we have little to no depth.. Jackson is the 2 yard wonder and Mo can't stay healthy nor run for a single game. Wynn is a canidate.. but he has to mature attitude wise and dedicate himself to the game.. none of this pansy crap of nursing every buise, nick or cut.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Nice job and to answer your reply questions..

On the ZBS.. we really don't deploy a true Zone scheme.. it is kind of blended in my opinion. I think the running game woes are easily detectable.. watch the pad level of OLine on good days verse the bad days.. Sunday is a prime example.. watch the interior of the line.. especially Spitz and Colledge.. they got out high and Tuck and company chewed them up. Here is the rub with these guys.. midseason, particularly after the Cowboy game they benched Colledge.. then he got back on the field due to injury and played with a fire and intensity and earned his job back. But he returned to his normal inconsistent ways soon after, but due to injuries he had to play.. the same can be said of Spitz.. one game they played with the pads low and won the game of leverage.. the next.. A college DT could manhandle them. I can't explain why.. but they should have had a boot in their arshe a couple of times Sunday.

I bring the backs up because we have little to no depth.. Jackson is the 2 yard wonder and Mo can't stay healthy nor run for a single game. Wynn is a canidate.. but he has to mature attitude wise and dedicate himself to the game.. none of this pansy crap of nursing every buise, nick or cut.
    Good points on the pad level.
    I did see that a bit but kindof attributed that to the cold.
    I don't watch them enough to know if they do that all the time.

Most teams run a hybrid/mix of ZB and Man-to-Man.
    Most struggle with shifting between the two at the line if the Defense shows blitz.
    We saw that alot this year with the Vikes.

Not sure if it was so much Birk (C) making bad line calls pre-snap or TJ but they really struggled at times this year switching between the 2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123