Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikeU2 is offline Rookie

Re: How will the NFC North turn out?

Here's how they'll end up:

1. Vikes
    2. Lions
    3. Bears
    4. Packers

Packers are in big trouble at offensive line and Favre is only one hit away from being done.
    Lions are up and coming a I like what Lovee is doing in Chicago...they'll get a running back this draft.
    "Attitude is Everything!"

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

1. (Guess who?) Vikings. The new defense will help us win those close games we lost last year. Even without Moss. Culpepper will keep the offense on the top 10 like he did when Moss :rr: was hurt.
    2.Lions. The Lions are getting better every year. (Unlike a certain Green and Yellow team) :wink:
    3. Packers. I'm sorry. I hope to see the Pack fall to last but they will keep that from happenning for one more year. :sad:
    4. Bears. They need a QB.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

1. Packers (10-6)
    2. Vikings (9-7)
    3. Lions (8-8)
    4. Bears (7-9)

The packers behind a still potent offense and a stellar performance by Brett Favre will again outlast the Vikes in a close battle and recapture the NFC North title. The Vikings while having an improved Defense this year that will finish in the top 15 in the NFL, will struggle to put up points with out the services of Randy Moss, and an ineffective running game. The Lions still showing improvement on both sides of the ball, will fail to compete with the uncertain play of both Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia. The Bears will finish their season with a losing season, needing still some impact players on offense to make them competitive with the rest of the division.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    1. Packers (10-6)
    2. Vikings (9-7)
    3. Lions (8-8)
    4. Bears (7-9)

The packers behind a still potent offense and a stellar performance by Brett Favre will again outlast the Vikes in a close battle and recapture the NFC North title. The Vikings while having an improved Defense this year that will finish in the top 15 in the NFL, will struggle to put up points with out the services of Randy Moss, and an ineffective running game. The Lions still showing improvement on both sides of the ball, will fail to compete with the uncertain play of both Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia. The Bears will finish their season with a losing season, needing still some impact players on offense to make them competitive with the rest of the division.
    Yeah, well needless to say, I disagree entirely.
    The Pack will struggle, because their defense is still weak. Their secondary was swiss cheese last year, and won't be better for another 2 or 3 years. Favre is getting older, he's still got some of the stuff that makes him great, but he's still the same guy that will get your 4 TD's one game, and 6 INT's the next.
    The Vikes will be better this year wthout Moss, with an improved running game and a more balanced offense. Their defense will also be much improved, because of all of the defensive signings. and Daunte will have no problems handling the responsibility of being the guy everyone will look to to make a big play when it's crunch time. now that Moss is gone. Moss was gone half of the year last year anyway, and in the Vikings we're talking about a team that lost 4 games by three points, and one by 4. With an improved defense, and hopefully a new kicker after the draft, the Vikes will have no problem making up those points they missed out on last year. They're the best in the division.
    The Lions will be OK. They have a tendency to look good on paper, and then disappoint during the season. Harrington will be benched for Garcia, which will win them some games, but it won't be enough to contend in the playoffs, if they get there.
    The Bears will be good, but they still don't have much in the way of a running game or an offense really. Muhammmed will help them, and Grossman having another offseason to get better will also help. The Bears will be average.

1. Vikings 11-5
    2. Lions 9-7
    3. Packers 7-9
    4. Bears 6-10

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I love how people think because the Packers lost Darren Sharper, that now all of the sudden they are a below average team! They had a terrible defense last year and still won the division. Sharper was a big part of the Packers problems last year. He had some picks but if you look back, all of his interceptions came during meaningless games. The Packers get by with top notch offense and mediocre defense, which will be just as bad as last year, and yet they will still win the NFC north.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

personally i think that chicago will finish second, i say this cause grossman is ok, he is better than garcia or that harrington fool. also chicago has some pretty good defense. but they have the next curtis enis so i am probably wrong ha ha.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Did the Packers get better or worse this offseason? Did the Vikings get better or worse this offseason?

It's that simple. Packers got worse, they go 8-8
    Vikings got better, they go at least 9-7
    Lions got better, Bears got better.

Vikings
    Lions
    Packers
    Bears

I'm sorry Pack fans (not really), but you can't get worse during the off-season and still expect the same results.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

brandsp is offline Rookie

In honor of the great Sat night live skit da Bears. (Vikes fashion of course)

da Vikes 16-0
    da Bears 4-12
    da Lions 3-13
    da Pukers 0-16

hahaha

GBFan is offline Starter

Darren Sharper is NOT our best defensive player, he was one of our best back in 98-00, but ever since then he has been terrible. He's getting older, slower, and can't tackle worth a damn. Most Packer fans I know aren't losing any sleep over losing him. Trust me. Also, Vikes are the favorites to win the North, just like they were last year......oh wait.

anyway, Vikes have a better team on paper compared to the Pack, but that doesn't really matter. The Vikes had a better D on paper last year compared to the Pack, but the Pack ended up having a better record, and a better D than the Vikes last year(which isn't saying much since both D's sucked a$$) Anyway, Vikes should win the division with the talent they have right now, but who knows, Vikes tend to choke, and get sloppy towards the 2nd half of the season, so you never know. Right now though the Vikes secondary looks pretty old...

GBFan is offline Starter

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Did the Packers get better or worse this offseason? Did the Vikings get better or worse this offseason?

It's that simple. Packers got worse, they go 8-8
    Vikings got better, they go at least 9-7
    Lions got better, Bears got better.

Vikings
    Lions
    Packers
    Bears

I'm sorry Pack fans (not really), but you can't get worse during the off-season and still expect the same results.
    didn't you guys say the same thing last year?

I recall reading a bunch of posts saying "Vikes have improved this offseason while the Pack did nothing"

what happened that season?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast