Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Hey, Pack! At least you've got Favre (and nothing else)!

I hate the Pacqueers with every fiber of my being. But I like Brett Favre. I respect him for being a great quarterback, as well as the "honorable opposition." :salute: He has class (unlike the rest of the Pack). To all Pack fans: All Vikings fans secretly know he is great, which is why we always talk about him retiring, because we also publicly know that the Packers will suck for another 20 years after Favre retires.

This is called "good sportsmanship." Many Vikings fans actually DON'T act like jackasses every time we win (although some do, there aren't nearly as many jackass Vikings fans as there are rooting for the Pacqueers or Iggles.)

Anyway, that's what I think of Brett Favre. Your team still sucks though. :bootyshake:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Favre great?

so great means throwing 4 interceptions??

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Mr. O is offline Starter

Let's be fair VikeBabe, he was once a great QB. Not anywhere in the league of Montana, Bradshaw or even Elway, as they have all won multiple SuperBowls, but, he did have his moments. Of course the operative words are WAS and DID, as in no longer and never again will Farve be a great QB.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Great? No. Threat? Yes. He is basically an on/off switch. If his game is on, he will whoop anyone. If it is off he will literally "throw the game." (Ha, aren't I clever?!) I would actually hope he retires in a year when there would be less QB availibility. The longer he sticks around, the more off games he has...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

he's not great.

"Mr. O" wrote:
    Let's be fair VikeBabe, he was once a great QB. Not anywhere in the league of Montana, Bradshaw or even Elway, as they have all won multiple SuperBowls, but, he did have his moments. Of course the operative words are WAS and DID, as in no longer and never again will Farve be a great QB.
    Don't care what anyone says, I never thought he was a great quarterback and never will. He might be good, but he's not great. He's overrated in my book.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Wicked Koala is offline Training Camp

"Mr. O" wrote:
    Using how many SBs a QB won is not a fair way to compare - it's not used to compare any other position. And Elway also has more career interceptions...

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/favre_watch/

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Wicked Koala" wrote:
    "Mr. O" wrote:
    Using how many SBs a QB won is not a fair way to compare - it's not used to compare any other position. And Elway also has more career interceptions...

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/favre_watch/
    Maybe it is because of the imprtance of the position.

HUDD78 is offline Waterboy

I suppose Marino wasn't a great quarterback...NO rings for him :roll:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"HUDD78" wrote:
    I suppose Marino wasn't a great quarterback...NO rings for him :roll:
    Who said he wasn't great? Is he a winner, probably not. But he was great. Having a ring just puts icing on the top.

GBFan is offline Starter

Re: he's not great.

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "Mr. O" wrote:
    Don't care what anyone says, I never thought he was a great quarterback and never will. He might be good, but he's not great. He's overrated in my book.

uh....... overrated? I'll agree that he gets way too much hype as of now, even though he isn't as great as he used to be, but all the stuff that is said about hi m he has deserve. If you want to know about overrated just look at Mike Vick. He's the most overrated and overhyped player in the LEAGUE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast