Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Greetings...and RUMORS FROM PACKERLAND

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Why? Do you like the move los? You guys, IMO, could easily get someone that is more productive and cheaper.
    Interesting. For $600,000 more than could have franchised him, and assured themselves of no other offers for him.

Now, a team can offer Franks 3 mil and the Pack will let him go for only a couple hundred thousand more than the franchise amount.

I think they just want to see what people will pay him. I think they're hoping no one is going to go over the 2.1 million transitional tag and he'll sign a long-term for less than what he's presently expecting.

Kind of a weird route though. :clown:
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Oh, I see. I guess I don't think he is anything special. Yes inside the 20 he does a lot of damage, but in between the 20 he is basically non existent!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I think that's the thinking.

Only problem is, who do you have or get that will be better?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Are you asking who do the Vikings have or do you mean who could the packers pick up in free agency? I think you are asking who the pack could get. I guess my answer to that would be that most tight ends could go out and do what Bubba did in that offense, but that is just personal opinion. Over the last couple of years Bubba just caught TDs really and that was about all he was worth.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Are you asking who do the Vikings have or do you mean who could the packers pick up in free agency? I think you are asking who the pack could get. I guess my answer to that would be that most tight ends could go out and do what Bubba did in that offense, but that is just personal opinion. Over the last couple of years Bubba just caught TDs really and that was about all he was worth.
    LOL, actually, it was rhetorical. WHile Franks isn't a Tony Gonzalez, he ain't a slouch either. He's a decent blocker, a good red-zone guy, and draws attention from the defense. I just don't like seeing a good guy leave without some plan in place to replace him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234