Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Greetings...and RUMORS FROM PACKERLAND

Greetings All You Vikings Fans From JWalk.

I have had a couple extended absences from the board but thought I'd drop in, say hello and if you want, take a look at some of the rumors floating around abou the Packers. Because I know you guys do not really go on other teams boards, I thought I'd let you know whats floating around Packerland...

STRICTLY RUMORS

-Heavy rumors have been circulating that the Packers and Browns are discussing Mike Wahle for the Browns 1st Round draft choice, those rumors appear to be false.

-New GM Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman appear to be very interested in Lions QB Mike McMahon. They are sending both O'Sullivan and Nall to NFL Europe, which ever one doesn't perform will likely get the axe to possibly make room for McMahon.

-One of the strongest rumors is between the Packers and Texans. There are 2 of them. The first is the Packers would send Najeh Davenport along with their 58th overall draft choice in exchange for the Texans first round draft pick. The other rumor is that the Packers would send Darren Sharper to the Texans in exchange for a 2nd and 3rd round draft choice.

-Many rumors are circulating the Ted Thompson will indeed extend Sharper's contract in order to lower his cap number. However, there is another rumor saying that the Packers are 60-40 on keeping Sharper.

-The Packers are about 50-50 on designating the Franchise Tag on Bubba Franks.

-The Patriots are very interested in moving Cornerback Ty Law and a couple boards including a Patriots board have sited the Packers as being big time players for Law. I dont think Law will want to come to Green Bay.

-Expect the Packers to select a Defensive End in the draft. Usually D-End is the easiest position to get a instant impact from, Linebacker and Secondary positions are few and far in between.

*Well, that all I know. I know most of you probably do not care, however I thought I would fill you guys in on whats going on in Packerland.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Greetings...and RUMORS FROM PACKERLAND

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    -The Patriots are very interested in moving Cornerback Ty Law and a couple boards including a Patriots board have sited the Packers as being big time players for Law. I dont think Law will want to come to Green Bay.
    We'll take him.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

So good 'ol boy Favre is staying afterall?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    So good 'ol boy Favre is staying afterall?
    I wouldn't count that egg before it's hatched, DemonicViking...

I for one appreciate the update, JWalk... it's always nice to know what are enemies are up to, so thanks. :thumbleft:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, I could see Ty Law in a Vikings uni.

I don't know if it would be possible for us to pick up three big time FA's this offseason, but if we got Law, Donovan Darius, and Julian Peterson, we'd be a top 10 D next year.

If it were true, that Wahle rumor sounds like good news for the Browns, but you said it sounds false.

ESPN and NFL.com and other news sources keep reporting that Cleveland's biggest need is a QB. I get to see Cleveland play a lot living in Ohio, and you could put Manning, McNabb, Culpepper, or Brady behind that O-line, and Cleveland wouldn't make the playoffs. Their O-line is by far the worst in the NFL. Garcia got the sheeet end of the deal, and if they draft a QB and expect him to succeed w/o picking up at least two quality FA's on the line, they're in for a rude awakening.

Sort of like the rude awakening in store for Javon Walker when he comes across the middle against the Vikes' D next year.

Had to add some Vikes/Pack trash talk.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Greetings...and RUMORS FROM PACKERLAND

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Greetings All You Vikings Fans From JWalk.

I have had a couple extended absences from the board but thought I'd drop in, say hello and if you want, take a look at some of the rumors floating around abou the Packers. Because I know you guys do not really go on other teams boards, I thought I'd let you know whats floating around Packerland...

STRICTLY RUMORS

-Heavy rumors have been circulating that the Packers and Browns are discussing Mike Wahle for the Browns 1st Round draft choice, those rumors appear to be false.

-New GM Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman appear to be very interested in Lions QB Mike McMahon. They are sending both O'Sullivan and Nall to NFL Europe, which ever one doesn't perform will likely get the axe to possibly make room for McMahon.

-One of the strongest rumors is between the Packers and Texans. There are 2 of them. The first is the Packers would send Najeh Davenport along with their 58th overall draft choice in exchange for the Texans first round draft pick. The other rumor is that the Packers would send Darren Sharper to the Texans in exchange for a 2nd and 3rd round draft choice.

-Many rumors are circulating the Ted Thompson will indeed extend Sharper's contract in order to lower his cap number. However, there is another rumor saying that the Packers are 60-40 on keeping Sharper.

-The Packers are about 50-50 on designating the Franchise Tag on Bubba Franks.

-Expect the Packers to select a Defensive End in the draft. Usually D-End is the easiest position to get a instant impact from, Linebacker and Secondary positions are few and far in between.
    Actually, Viking fans do care what the competition is doing.

Isn't the Packers salary cap status still pretty bad? Can you update us on how far they are under (or over) the projected cap?

I can't see the Packers franchising Bubba Franks. While they may want to re-sign him, I don't know if they want to pay him the average of the top five TEs in the league. Don't know what that figure would be, but figure what guys like Tony Gonzalez, Todd Heap, Kellen Winslow Jr., maybe Jeremy Shockey and Alge Crumpler/Jim Kleinsasser are making. Is Franks really worth $2 million or more a year?

The Davenport trade rumor sounds pretty good, although I'm not sure why the Texans would need him over their top draft pick. Domanick Davis is a pretty good RB, though Davenport is just waiting for a chance to shine. Not sure that Sharper is worth a 2nd and 3rd any more, though the Packers would love to dump his salary.

Ty Law makes too much money to fit within the Packers cap figure. 'Nuff said.

Hard to believe that Wahle would count more against the cap than the player selected with the Browns #1 pick. Packers need Wahle more than they need some unproven guy that high in the draft.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Cap room still depends on Favre. If he does go, we gots some money to spend.

WIll be interesting to see if Fowler will open up the coffers. Is he going to be "in power" in time for free agency?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

What a savvy veteran of this board you are JWalk. You even posted it in the Trash the Pack forum. We're impressed, and thanks for the update.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Ty Law is OLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yup, and he was hurt all of last year (or most of it), not worth the money! Plus, if he's no good to Belichick how in the he!! would he be good for us!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast