Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Eyesore" wrote:
    Ben Sheets (ex vike) came up with it. I think the refs made that clear. :cheers:
    What is done is done...I guess that the Vikings will just have to win the NFC North title without the ref's help...and after I spent all that money sending all the refs and their families to Bermuda in the off-season...maybe I should have sent them to the Bermuda Triangle instead. :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Its ben Steele and the officials made it clear they were going to give a helping hand to somebody that day. No question at all.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Yup, the refs at that game (who also keep skoe) did indeed declare the Packers the winner.

Game over.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Eyesore" wrote:
    Yup, the refs at that game (who also keep skoe) did indeed declare the Packers the winner.

Game over.
    What you're saying is, "My minds made up...don't confuse me with the facts".

What is soooo hard about accepting the fact that a blown call went your way? What is so hard about admitting that you guys got a gift? Will it somehow magically change the results? Will it somehow put your teram in second place with a one-way ticket "down"?

Nope.

All it would do is show US that you are a big enough person to admit the TRUTH when it's placed in front of you. Guess not, huh?

NEXT!!

Caine

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Not to worry I think when Philly hands Favre
    his a$$ in a bag we won't see old cry sore much.
    HAHAHAHA----HA
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

If your team would'nt have waited 'till the 4th quarter to get back into the game (down by 2 TD's) it would'nt have come down to the "gift"

How long must a player hold the ball for it to be considered "possesion"

Spilt nanno second? Half a second? Three quarters of a second? 1 full second?

The video conveniently stops at the precise instant that Ross touches the ball.

Inconclusive :salute:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Eyesore" wrote:
    If your team would'nt have waited 'till the 4th quarter to get back into the game (down by 2 TD's) it would'nt have come down to the "gift"

How long must a player hold the ball for it to be considered "possesion"

Spilt nanno second? Half a second? Three quarters of a second? 1 full second?

The video conveniently stops at the precise instant that Ross touches the ball.

Inconclusive :salute:
    The video "conveniently" stops the instant Ross grabs hold of the ball (establishing possession) and rolls on top of it. At that point (After Possession would be established) you see Steel come in from the far side.

Only inconclusive if you're wearing "Green & Gold" colored glasses...like the Officals do in Lambeau :P

Caine

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Ok, Ross had possesion.

THEN...Ross fumbled. THEN...Sheets recovered. THEN...well... you know! :salute:

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Eyesore" wrote:
    Ok, Ross had possesion.

THEN...Ross fumbled. THEN...Sheets recovered. THEN...well... you know! salute
    Um, watch again. Ross had possesion, then was touched while on the ground. Then, I don't care if he threw the ball 20 yards down field, it still should have been Vikings ball.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

I believe this is sort of a ridiculous argument. This game was weeks ago...Was it a bad call, in the Vikings opinon yes...Many Packer fans are iffy to point in a certain direction. My main point is that if Ross "clearly" has possession of the ball, why would this have been argued anywhere else. The only place I hear about "the gift" is here. Nothing on ESPN, nothing from the NFL, nothing from anywhere. I dont think this was a clean play but obviously there is something everyone is missing. And if it was obviously a recover by Ross, there would be more coverage about it than just on Viking web sites...Im not saying that I clearly know that Ross didnt recover, but I also cant say I clearly know Steele recovered the ball. This was a play that would have stood regardless of a challenge. We have no idea what the Refs saw in the pile...We have no idea if the Ball squirted out of Ross' hands by the time Steele got there. There are so many questions about this play that go unanswered...There is no way you can without a doubt award this ball to the vikes, but the same goes for the pack. And you cannot re-do the play. This is a dumb argument and the play is over.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast