Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

In a move that both shocked and stunned Wisconsinites, the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin has petitioned the state of Wisconsin to change the name of the city. ONe that they feel reflects both the city and the resident football franchise.

For too long, residents and tourists alike have had only one comment about the bay. "It 'taint green", said Wilbur Flingenpoopen, a long time Green Bay resisdent. "All them there tourists come on by whilst we's a gettin' some vittles and tells us'ns that the bay 'taint green. Hell. We already done knowed dat."

Flingenpoopen went on to say that he was very much in favor of the name change saying, "I really likes the way them there fellers in the city hall is a figurin'. The new name shore is perty".

Flingenpoopen wasn't alone in this sentiment. It would appear that the vast majority of the local residents favor the name change. Especially those who follow the local football franchise, the Green Bay Packers. Said one local fan, Phillip (Phil) McKracken, "Why do they have a "G" on their helmets anyways? It's confusing. Green Bay would be GB...but they ain't got no B. I don't know what they was thinken...maybe they figured we was stupid or something."

We were finally able to get an answer from the Mayors office. One of the Mayors staff members, speaking on the condition of annonimity, stated, "We have for years been trying to get the State to recognize that our identity is in the Packers, and theirs is in us. We have named streets for them, our livelyhoods and businesses feed off of them, and in return we leave them with that silly "G" sitting all by itself on their helmets. We have decided to finally do something about that. We are petitioning the State to allow us to change the name of our city to one more reflective of our football team, it's members, and what it stands for."

He concluded with, "And I, for one, will be damned proud to say that I live in Fudge, Wisconsin. Home to the Fudge Packers."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Other suggested names during the name-changing deliberations were as follows: Ass, Butt, Rear, and Booty.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GopherAndPackFan is offline Training Camp

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

MINNESOTA NEWS FLASH

Packers 34
    Vikings 31

Minnesota 3 losses in a row.

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:
    MINNESOTA NEWS FLASH

Packers 34
    Vikings 31

Minnesota 3 losses in a row.
    I spent all that time, and your ENTIRE comeback is to post up a score that the Officials handed you?!?!!? C'mon. Put some effort into it. Imean, it's one thing for your team to rely on bad officiating, but YOU have to work for yours.

Caine

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Packers won fair and square, and we win again tonight, still in 1st place. Man at feels good to have the better team than you Vikequeen fans.

skogs02 is offline Starter

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Packers won fair and square, and we win again tonight, still in 1st place. Man at feels good to have the better team than you Vikequeen fans.
    Please share whatever you have been smoking.

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Wow. If that isn't the biggest case of "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts" I have ever seen...

You frost a turd, but that won't make it a cookie. Green Bay has a "Good" team, but Minnesota has a better one. WE'll be more than happy to prove that Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays :santa:

Caine

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Caine" wrote:
    Wow. If that isn't the biggest case of "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts" I have ever seen...

You frost a turd, but that won't make it a cookie. Green Bay has a "Good" team, but Minnesota has a better one. WE'll be more than happy to prove that Christmas Eve.

Caine
    Hmm ok, and what facts are you guys talking about? Let's discuss some facts, shall we.

Packers defeated the Vikings 34-31
    Packers currently at the top of the division
    Packers currently on a 5 game win streak

Those are facts, not you guys saying "omg da fukin ref totally screwed us over, theres a conspiracy i swear to god WTF!"

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Hmm ok, and what facts are you guys talking about? Let's discuss some facts, shall we.

Packers defeated the Vikings 34-31
    Packers currently at the top of the division
    Packers currently on a 5 game win streak

Those are facts, not you guys saying "omg da fukin ref totally screwed us over, theres a conspiracy i swear to god WTF!"
    Ok, this is completely off topic, but you asked for it:

This link takes you to a forum with the video of the final fumble recovery:

http://p204.ezboard.com/fpackerssuck...icID=465.topic

In the video, you will CLEARLY see Ross dive on the ball, roll up on it (gaining "Possession"), and Steel come in after the fact. By current NFL rules, that would make it Minnesota's ball (Due to the fact that Ross had possession and was "down by contact"). The Officials elected NOT to review the play and went with their initial - incorrect - ruling.

That, my misguided friend, is not whining. That is FACT.

Without that "gift", Green Bay sits at 5-5.

And since I've PROVEN that you beat us on a gift, look at the other teams you beat. ALL OF THEM having LOSING records, and it took another "Gift" from the Officials to secure the Washington game. When looked at in those terms, that "Win Streak" you're so proud of isn't really all that impressive. You beat teams you were supposed to beat...with a little help from the Officials.

Green Bay has a "good" team. Ours is simply better.

Caine

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

GREEN BAY NEWS FLASH

Ben Sheets (ex vike) came up with it. I think the refs made that clear. :cheers:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast